What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

I will guarantee one thing. China is not going to export j20 or gj11 before 2027. If you don't know why, you have not been following pla close enough.

Also, they can't sell icbm to anyone.

I will say this. For all the items that people on this forum want to buy, I am really surprised no one has even mentioned gj11 or a successor of it. That's the most advanced strike ucav in the world in advanced development. No indian Sam will be able to track it. Outside of 5th generation aircraft, I can't think of any single platform that would threaten Indian air force and air defense more. Also, it's something that India will realistically never be able to buy from Russia or America.

The CH-7 is a more appropriate candidate for countries to purchase. I'm not sure if the GJ-11, being the first heavy stealth combat UAV in PLAAF services, would be cleared for export in the near future.

I wouldn't say it's the most advanced strike UCAV in development; the Okhotnik-B should be similar in technology and yet with a greater payload.

The CH-7 is a more appropriate candidate for countries to purchase. I'm not sure if the GJ-11, being the first heavy stealth combat UAV in PLAAF services, would be cleared for export in the near future.

I wouldn't say it's the most advanced strike UCAV in development; the Okhotnik-B should be similar in technology and yet with a greater payload.
I don't think Okhotnik-B shall have similar technology. It may have the shape but there is the radar cross section reduction material, electronic signature evading and enemy EW counter measures which I believe Russian still struggle to replicate from China.

I don't think Okhotnik-B shall have similar technology. It may have the shape but there is the radar cross section reduction material, electronic signature evading and enemy EW counter measures which I believe Russian still struggle to replicate from China.

And this is concluded based on what?

Have you seen the nozzle on that thing? Not VLO to the same level at all.

If this Ukrainian conflict tells anything, it would be that Russian EW and precision strike technology is really bad. And more importantly, Russia won't have the money to finish developing that thing.

As for the first part, China will have something replacing GJ-11 in the future. After all, they export GJ-2 that also gets used by PLAAF. There is no reason China won't export GJ-11 with 5th gen aircraft down by 2030. It won't be cheap.

If this Ukrainian conflict tells anything, it would be that Russian EW and precision strike technology is really bad. And more importantly, Russia won't have the money to finish developing that thing.

As for the first part, China will have something replacing GJ-11 in the future. After all, they export GJ-2 that also gets used by PLAAF. There is no reason China won't export GJ-11 with 5th gen aircraft down by 2030. It won't be cheap.
Not really bad but static since early 2010s due to brain drain.

I will guarantee one thing. China is not going to export j20 or gj11 before 2027. If you don't know why, you have not been following pla close enough.

Also, they can't sell icbm to anyone.

I will say this. For all the items that people on this forum want to buy, I am really surprised no one has even mentioned gj11 or a successor of it. That's the most advanced strike ucav in the world in advanced development. No indian Sam will be able to track it. Outside of 5th generation aircraft, I can't think of any single platform that would threaten Indian air force and air defense more. Also, it's something that India will realistically never be able to buy from Russia or America.
Chengdu offered a clean sheet design to PAF ten years ago that would be more mature(in many respects) to J-20. However, paucity of funds and conflicting priorities of PAF and Pakistani leadership in general meant that went nowhere. Just as the J-10A was offered for export back in 2006 to Pakistan there are slight concessions given to Pakistan in general.
That being said, it is subject to immediate change based on the assessment of Chinese representatives in Pakistan of Pakistani leadership and western compromised personnel within the military and otherwise

The GJ-11 prototype, back when it was still referred to as the Sharp Sword, also did not exhibit IR shielding for its engine nozzles, so it's a bit premature to say that the Okhotnik-B won't be undergoing similar revisions once it nears production.

The GJ-11 just finished its development, so it will be a while before the PLAAF finds something to replace it, not to mention that the technological disparity between the GJ-2 and GJ-11 means that we can't say that the PLAAF will export the latter just because the GJ-2 was sold to other countries.

So the only option for countries willing to pay for a GJ-11-like capability would be the CH-7.

Based on the obsolete Su-35 we received from Russia which claim to be preimier operational plane of RuAF. While Russia now still struggle with Su-57 and many other projects.

I fail to see how this relates to your claim that the Okhotnik-B won't have similar RCS reduction or level of avionics compared to that of the GJ-11.

I fail to see how this relates to your claim that the Okhotnik-B won't have similar RCS reduction or level of avionics compared to that of the GJ-11.
Its all related. A premier weapon demonstrate your national military technological level,

The GJ-11 prototype, back when it was still referred to as the Sharp Sword, also did not exhibit IR shielding for its engine nozzles, so it's a bit premature to say that the Okhotnik-B won't be undergoing similar revisions once it nears production.

The GJ-11 just finished its development, so it will be a while before the PLAAF finds something to replace it, not to mention that the technological disparity between the GJ-2 and GJ-11 means that we can't say that the PLAAF will export the latter just because the GJ-2 was sold to other countries.

So the only option for countries willing to pay for a GJ-11-like capability would be the CH-7.

The reason is that with Ukraine war and being cut off from the West, Russia would be lucky to get Su-57 finished let alone any other major items. It's kind of pointless to have a UCAV teaming with a non-existent manned fighter jet. Russian EW is really weak https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...eaknesses-endure-while-other-nations-innovate. Still cannot even get an AESA AWACS developed in this day and age.

As for GJ-11 export, I think it would be possible to PAF along with a 5th generation aircraft. It's a real force multiplier. By 2030, PLAAF would have something more advanced in all likelihood.

Sorry for this simple question, but can anyone tell which Radar Pakistan's J-10 uses ? Is it AESA ?
:D
It's the one that shall not be named.

Regarding AESA, it was always supposed to have an AESA and it was also announced during the induction ceremony by PAF, so it's kind of official aswell.

The reason is that with Ukraine war and being cut off from the West, Russia would be lucky to get Su-57 finished let alone any other major items. It's kind of pointless to have a UCAV teaming with a non-existent manned fighter jet. Russian EW is really weak https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...eaknesses-endure-while-other-nations-innovate. Still cannot even get an AESA AWACS developed in this day and age.

As for GJ-11 export, I think it would be possible to PAF along with a 5th generation aircraft. It's a real force multiplier. By 2030, PLAAF would have something more advanced in all likelihood.
@tphuang @Beast @Akasa , nice discussion but J-10 for PAF thread pls.

The Su-57 has already entered IOC, so the biggest roadblock would be funding for more units and future upgrade programs, not R&D anymore. I suspect that funding is also the bottleneck for their AESA programs since they already have the tech in place in the form of the Zhuk-AE and Byelka systems.

Let's not kid ourselves, it'll be years and years before the PAF could ever plan to import 5th-gen fighters and UCAVs from China, and even when that time comes the only options available to them would be the FC-31 and CH-7, respectively. Not that they're lackluster systems, of course.

It's the one that shall not be named.

Regarding AESA, it was always supposed to have an AESA and it was also announced during the induction ceremony by PAF, so it's kind of official aswell.
Wait, you mean no one knows for certain ? Hain :blink:

Back
Top Bottom