What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

FB_IMG_1647804360018.jpg

FB_IMG_1647804540954.jpg
FB_IMG_1647804560261.jpg

TVC engines were seen as good addition in 1980-2000 but then helmet mounted sights combined with more manurevable short-range missiles become reality so TVCs only pros are good looking stunts in airshows.

TVC engines biggest negatives are higher cost and weight.

Shorter life too. That means higher frequency of maintenance.

2025 is too early IMO. You should only sell J-20 once you have a decent amount of 6th generation fighters in service.

Plus doesn't Saudi have good relations with US? You don't want your top of the line fighter there...

The US already exported the F-15 in large number before the induction of the F-22.

The Saudi have supported the Petro-RMB, and it is a breach of the red line for the US.

Do you really think we'll see a 6th generation fighter's maiden flight in 2025?

According to the chief designer of the J-20, the year of 2025 will be another important milestone.

Unless 6th gen aircraft Large scale loading has been realized in the PLAAF,
Otherwise, it should be unlikely to sell J20.
Even if the J20 foreign trade version of the system configuration is lowered, the export possibility feels very small.

Personally, export-type five generations may not be J20, more likely to be upgraded in J10, or size between J10 and J20, two engine medium 5th gen fighters.

Their ministry of defense looks quite confident that the procuration of the J-20 will be available in the near future.

It looks like China has already given the green light.

Well, they help China to establish the Petro-RMB, also bought the ICBMs from China according to our Saudi member from PDF.

There is a very high chance they will acquire the J-20 along with Pakistan in the next couple of years.
I don't believe China has sold any ICBM to KSA, at least up to this moment, the only known missiles are DF-3A and DF-21, neither one is inter-continental. I don't see the House of Saud has any need of ICBM, let alone they don't have any nuke warheads to deliver.

I think J-20 will remain exclusive to PLAAF for OPSEC reasons, especially when this system may soon evolves into Mum-T (Manned-Unmanned Teaming) stage aka a two-seater J-20 plus four wingmen. J-20 is more like a mini-AWAC of a NCW combat system.

Last edited:
I don't believe China has sold any ICBM to KSA, at least up to this moment, the only known missiles are DF-3A and DF-21, neither one is inter-continental. I don't see the House of Saud has any need of ICBM, let alone they don't have any nuke warheads to deliver.

I think J-20 will remain exclusive to PLAAF for OPSEC reasons, especially when this system may soon evolves into Mum-T (Manned-Unmanned Teaming) stage aka a two-seater J-20 plus four wingmen. J-20 is more like a mini-AWAC of a NCW combat system.

Let's see, we don't expect the the Petro-RMB to emerge so quickly.

Before that, Saudi only took the USD, not even Euro as the settlement.

Let's see, we don't expect the the Petro-RMB to emerge so quickly.

Before that, Saudi only took the USD, not even Euro as the settlement.
The negotiation of petroyuan has been going on for 6 years, so perhaps it's just going as planned? Though recent geopolitical events might have helped speeding the petroyuan, but ICBM is an entirely different thing, cos even if China is willing to sell (together with whole command & control package), KSA must own a meaningful stockpile of thermonuclear warheads.

Last edited:
The negotiation of petroyuan has been going on for 6 years, so perhaps it's just going as planned? Though recent geopolitical events might have helped speeding the petroyuan, but ICBM is an entirely different thing, cos even if China is willing to sell (together with whole command & control package), KSA must own a "meaningful" stockpile of thermonuclear weapons.
There were pre-existing M-11 batteries in KSA which have been replaced with additional products apparently. The discussion on nuclear weapons is a a very tangential route with many rumors surrounding it including apparently tacit ones of “lost” material ending up in KSA with scientists from a friendly country in case Iran decides to make one.
It’s all about balance which is why you will never see the US comment even if China provides KSA with a brand new IRBM.

Unfortunately, most of us cannot see beyond 3-5 colors when this is a multi-polar/dimensional/spectrum/allegiance world.

2025 J20P, hypersonic drones, UCAV stealth drones................nuff said.
Option for it. Really depends upon success of AZM’s 5th gen component which will be evaluated around that timeframe. If the PAF thinks it’s taking too long or not worth it they will pull the trigger on a Chinese platform.

But the these are “Jaane kya tu ne kahi, jaane kya mein ne suni” things

I will guarantee one thing. China is not going to export j20 or gj11 before 2027. If you don't know why, you have not been following pla close enough.

Also, they can't sell icbm to anyone.

I will say this. For all the items that people on this forum want to buy, I am really surprised no one has even mentioned gj11 or a successor of it. That's the most advanced strike ucav in the world in advanced development. No indian Sam will be able to track it. Outside of 5th generation aircraft, I can't think of any single platform that would threaten Indian air force and air defense more. Also, it's something that India will realistically never be able to buy from Russia or America.

Back
Top Bottom