What's new

PAF F16-Blk70 possibly coming - TO BE CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just 50 block 3
This against 120(50mirages+72 rafales) equipped with long range BVRs and excellent EW suit will be a big headache..the advantage if aim120 will errode

I am conifedent the french will be able to deliver 36 more rafales by 2024-25 if they sign next yr

All the remaining JF17 B1&B2 will be upgraded to B3 if economy allows. They won't attack with 36 rafales because they have to also counter China.By 2025 we will have a strong navy too.

All the chinese,SA,Turkey,Brazilian,Swiss goodies will be available once we have money.

Last edited:
Bhai.
Thora sabr say kaam lo. Money for Pakistan is a major burden. However we do not sit idle while they are inducting Rafales and what nots. Pakistan will induct Block 3s that is another 50 planes with AESA. There maybe an interim fighter but cost of integration is something which is difficult for us to manage. Remember you will never win in the numbers game with India. Being a larger country with more resources they can always outbuy you. So you can at best hope to maintain deterrence at a level where war becomes too expensive for anyone to consider.
A

Yeah economy is real problem but at times like these ... some inspiration from our own ancient history (From the life of Prophet PBUH) and enemy like Isreal would really help. It is about political will the most. I place that even above economy. BB/Zardari duo wasted oppotunity to buy Mirage 2000 in 1990s when we had opportunity. Basic problem even then was political will. Pak got F-16s in 1980's just showing political will as we were offered F-20s initially. Thunder is prime example of political will. If will is there we can get and afford anything that is there in market to be purchased even new F-16s from USA.

All the remaining JF17 B1&B2 will be upgraded to B3 if economy allows. They won't attack with 36 rafales because they have to also counter China.By 2025 we will have a strong navy too.

All the chinese,SA,Turkey,Brazilian,Swiss goodies will be available once we have money.
That my friend is the precise reason why Indian strategists are thinking that they have an opportunity NOW to hit Pakistan before we get all those frigates and subs from China and more advanced plane.

No Confirmation by PAF that JF-1 BI/B2 will be upgraded to B3 standard @Haris Ali2140 :disagree::disagree:
If they don't then it will be a mistake because they will be sitting ducks.With a small amount of money you can have a AESA,PL-15,EW equipped Small fighter which will take on Su-30 because it will be able detect them early.

That my friend is the precise reason why Indian strategists are thinking that they have an opportunity NOW to hit Pakistan before we get all those frigates and subs from China and more advanced plane.
Their thinking is skewed.
Pak armed forces may have old refurbished equipment but unlike India we know how to use the equipment. Like the arabs indians have money and toys but they cant fight or use them. Army marched on its belly as napoleon said. Indian soldier beg for food on the net. Super power my foot

If they don't then it will be a mistake because they will be sitting ducks.With a small amount of money you can have a AESA,PL-15,EW equipped Small fighter which will take on Su-30 because it will be able detect them early.
I think PAF want to induct B3 as early as Possible in numbers (50/100), Because of emerging threat of RAFALE after that PAF will be start upgrading B1/B2 to AESA and avionics upgrades but upgraded B1/B2 will stays behind B3 @Haris Ali2140

India won't do anything because US needs them for China and if India attacks Pakistan,we may not survive but India won't be in any form to take on China for a very long time.
Courtesy of nukes.

I think PAF want to induct B3 as early as Possible in numbers (50/100), Because of emerging threat of RAFALE after that PAF will be start upgrading B1/B2 to AESA and avionics upgrades but upgraded B1/B2 will stays behind B3 @Haris Ali2140
The only thing restricting will be economy.

India won't do anything because US needs them for China and if India attacks Pakistan,we may not survive but India won't be in any form to take on China for a very long time.
Courtesy of nukes.

The only thing restricting will be economy.

It's a misconception that Pakistan wont survive...it will survive and thrive.
We had america threatening to invade. Why didnt they? They know this nation is full of psychos and they just need a goal. No better goal than freedom

It does not seem correct that IAF would be going for 72 Rafales only. The reason is 10 years back when MMRCA was initially revealed the numbers where of 126 aircraft were for the Air Force alone. This was keeping in mind that Tejas would be replacing most of the Mig's. Today the situation is very different as Tejas is not up to the standard hence Rafales would be replacing not just the mig-21's but also other increase the numbers of squadrons to 22.

It seems after SU30MKI being short down there could be a new requirement which would make simultaneous inductions through local manufacturing as was as of the shelf aircraft.

The issue is PAF is time constrained hence the options are limited. If PAF goes for the EFT then they would require almost everything that they can get hold of with orders for the newer tranches as well off the shelf or produced in Turkey.

Though there is an other option but this is not 100% sanction proof.
PAF can purchase F-16 block 52/ V on priority basis with Saudi assistance and through their own funds procure olders blocks and stores.

Though if PAF wants to get something that can give them greater edge over the rafales and SU30's then F-35 of the Turkish Air Force can be procured. However Saudia and Turkey might not deal directly.

US will not sell anything that gave edge to Pakistan over India even if we had money.

Yeah economy is real problem but at times like these ... some inspiration from our own ancient history (From the life of Prophet PBUH) and enemy like Isreal would really help. It is about political will the most. I place that even above economy. BB/Zardari duo wasted oppotunity to buy Mirage 2000 in 1990s when we had opportunity. Basic problem even then was political will. Pak got F-16s in 1980's just showing political will as we were offered F-20s initially. Thunder is prime example of political will. If will is there we can get and afford anything that is there in market to be purchased even new F-16s from USA.
The situation financially between the 90s and 2020s is vastly different. We are on the verge of default having fought a hybrid war for the last 2 decades. The M2K deal was sheer greed rather than lack of will. The AF has pushed for inductions at the right time but been told repeatedly we have no money. No wonder we are having to use M3s and J7s which should have gone much earlier. However where we lost out we have constantly upgraded our platforms so it is a win of sorts.
We quote our Hadi SAW without realizing the differences between HIM SAW and his sahaba RA and the corrupt self centred sycophants who are and have been at the helm of affairs for the last 7 decades. There is a sea of difference between personalities motivation personaldemeanour and emaan. Even if we had some peoplewith 10%of the emaan of the sahaba we wouldnot have been in the pile of doo doo that we are in. We instead rely on ridiculing others to make us look good.
A

No Confirmation by PAF that JF-1 BI/B2 will be upgraded to B3 standard @Haris Ali2140 :disagree::disagree:
I actually question the need of this expense in a net centric environment. It maybe possible for an AESA Bearing Thunder to actually drive the war in a theatre especially where we will be using the BVRs with the rest of the fighters keeping their Radars shut. JFT has a low RCS so that should work. However once we start manufacturing AESA Radars in numbers then we can revisit the issue.
A

It's a misconception that Pakistan wont survive...it will survive and thrive.
We had america threatening to invade. Why didnt they? They know this nation is full of psychos and they just need a goal. No better goal than freedom
Let's hope that Modi&Co. doesn't come out to be a real Hitler.

US will not sell anything that gave edge to Pakistan over India even if we had money.
US won't neither France nor Europe.But the rest of the world will sell if we have money.

I hope we dont make the same tactical mistake of 1971 pinning hope n china..u have to fight your own wars

I hope we dont make the same tactical mistake of 1971 pinning hope n china..u have to fight your own wars
US doesn't fight with Israel but they support them by providing top of the line weapon systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom