What's new

PAF Chief flies the Typhoon

An entirely redundant comparison. One is a military leader, another is a politican and the elected head of a nation.The latter is compelled to be in the limelight, the former should avoid it at all costs- it doesn't further his service's interests at all.

A service cheif is meant to oversee the operations and resource allocation of his force, flying and leading from the front should not be within his remit. Frankly, proffesional soldiers/aviators shouldn't need to have their hands held by their seniormost officer to do their job.
That's the most weird logic put forward, you mean it's acceptable for a politician to grab that Kodak moment, be it standing amongst statues or sitting in a cockpit or in some cases go for a joy ride but you find it odd for an air force commander involved in similar exercise, ever heard of the terms, first hand experience or personal observation of combat, tactics and performance.... wonder why the French air commander made headlines by flying in a Rafale....surely one can read the manuals, attend briefings but there's something called, personal observation of the situation, but as i said, not many air chief's lead from front and resort to sitting in the safety of their office.....as for holding hands, that credit goes to your air chief who had to go up in a MiG-21 to prove and convince his pilots and public that it's still an air worthy jet.

BVR_combat_rating_vs_Su-35_DRA%2BRAND_data.jpg

1920px-Rockwell-MBB_X-31_-_Paris_Air_Show_1995.JPEG
Why is an X-31 shown?

What i think i typhoon have several advantages over rafale
Radar that typhoon have is one third larger.
And typhoon have advantages of within visual range and beyond visual range then rafale

Typhoon gives flexibility in choosing weapons too... So overall its not a bad idea..

PAF should have gone for 8 EFs instead of 8 F-16s...

If Pakistan buys Typhoons..It will be owners pride and neighbors envy including China...lol.. :-)

Back
Top Bottom