What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

Your "independent" verification is what? Lies of ISPR or Lies of Taliban? We both know both parties lie and do propaganda. So what do you consider "authentic"

and I thought it is supposed to be a "social forum", not just WHAT YOU CONSIDER OK.

If you can't digest the truth (like the pictures I posted, you deleted them. They turned out to be correct. Like the info I am posting about where the curfew has been lifted, for what time.. which will also turn out to be correct), I think I should just restrict myself to watching the Funny and Stupid thread... guess you people aren't ready for "independent" news.

Since you are the administrator (and I assume, owner) of this forum, I bid adieu in protest of your fucking rules. I know it wont make a difference to you. Thousands come and thousands go.. You think highly of yourself, I know that. You are also blinded by patriotism. I also know that. But not ready for the truth.

So yeah, **** it. You and your fucking hypocritical forum

There is a middle ground. No need to get hype up. The choice of word use by S.Dawar is not right. What you can do is to read behram news and report those news in your own words. Find a way around the barrier, becoming frustrated and walking out is not an answer. If you need your PoV to be heard and yes we like those other side of stories but in words which are acceptable, be flexible, exploit while remaining within the bounds, show us your smart side Lady.

722202-mapnwaziristan-1403018665-337-640x480.jpg

Press Release
PakArmedForces.png

No PR131/2014-ISPRDated: June 17, 2014
Rawalpindi - June 17, 2014:

UPDATE- ZARB –E- AZB
17JUNE 2014

1. 6 x Terrorist’s hideouts including a training camp and an IED making factory around Hasokhel, North Waziristan Agency were destroyed by jet aircrafts early morning today. 25 x foreign and local terrorists were killed in the strikes. More details of strikes to follow.
  2. Operation in North Waziristan Agency is progressing as per plan. The Cordon around all terrorists’ hideouts including in the town of Mirali and Miranshah has been further tightened and reinforced. Last night 3 x terrorists were killed while fleeing from the cordoned off area in Miranshah. 1 x soldier got injured in exchange of fire.
  3. No operation in built up area has been started so far to ensure following:-
    a. No terrorist can escape the cordon.
    b. All innocent civil population is safely evacuated after their detailed verification.
  4. Necessary Logistics and administrative arrangements for IDPs have been completed by Political Administration and Disaster Management Agency. Security of IDP camp being ensured by Army troops.
  5. Air surveillance of the Operational area with the help of own surveillance assets continues.
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Welcome to ISPR

MIRAMSHAH: At least six suspected militants were killed in a US drone strike early Wednesday in the Miramshah tehsil of North Waziristan tribal region where a comprehensive military operation launched by the Pakistani army against foreign and local terrorists is also under way.

Intelligence sources said six missiles fired by a drone hit a compound and a vehicle in Dargah Mandi village in Miramshah.

Ok .. now what is this? Coordinated? Surprise? Or lending a helping hand?

Bannu administration gives 3 days time to stranded North Waziristan people to move to IDPs camps, curfew being relaxed too #ZarbEAzb

US drone kills three in North Waziristan

8 internally displaced of a family from Kurram Agency, #Fata,Women & Children gunned down by unidentified men in Hangu

BqYljAxCUAAN6di.jpg

Analysts: Pakistan Set for Drawn Out Anti-Terrorist Conflict

ISLAMABAD — The military operation underway since Sunday in the North Waziristan region of Pakistan’s Tribal Areas, Operation Zarb-e-Azb (a reference to the sword carried by the Prophet Mohammed), indicates Pakistan has finally lost patience with all terrorist groups and not just those opposed to the Pakistani state, say analysts.

However, they acknowledge the struggle will be a long one.

According to the military’s Inter Services Public Relations media arm, Chief of Army Staff Gen. Raheel Sharif “emphasized that all terrorists along with their sanctuaries must be eliminated without any discrimination,” and the operation is targeted at “terrorists who are holed up in the Agency and have picked up arms against the state of Pakistan.”

Though the operation appears to be driven by the military, in an address to lawmakers Tuesday Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif stated, “The Zarb-e-Azb operation will not end till all terrorists are eliminated.”

Claude Rakisits, director at Politact, a Washington-based advisory firm that focuses on South Asian issues, said the operation became inevitable after the collapse of the much-derided peace negotiations and last week’s attack on the airport in Karachi.

“The military and the government are now determined to hit these terrorists very hard,” he said.

Analyst Haris Khan of the Pakistan Military Consortium says the military’s preparations began a long time ago and intensified after peace negotiations began with the Pakistan Taliban (TTP).

“Since the negotiations started about nine months ago the armed forces of Pakistan have placed special attention on gathering intelligence on high-value militant leadership and their training grounds, which includes their command structure.”

He highlights the tri-service nature of the operation with the Air Force, backed by the Navy’s signals intelligence equipment, using its ISR capabilities and precision-guided munitions to locate and take out high-value targets, to support the Army’s aerial and ground assault that has been spearheaded by the Special Operations Task Force.

Though there has been a steady trickle of casualties thus far, (in small-scale firefights and improvised explosive device attacks), Khan said the military faces a real threat from the terrorists and legacy man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS) may be of concern.

“So far PAF has not encountered any real ground opposition but the fear of these militants using Soviet origin and CIA supplied MANPADS is certainly something that PAF command would be thinking of,” he said.

Beyond an act of retaliation, Rakisits says the operation appears to indicate a change in how the Pakistani establishment views the non-state actors on its soil, considering many of those killed belonged to the Uighur’s East Turkistan Islamic Movement and the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, but also the Haqqani Network.

“If that is indeed the case, it would confirm that the military has changed — or at least is in the process of changing — its attitude toward some of these ‘good’ Taliban,” he said.

Adding, “One should not forget that the Pakistani military has in the past refused repeated American requests that it hunt down the Haqqani Network hiding in the Tribal Areas of Pakistan. There are conflicting reports that the recent drone strikes were a joint US-Pakistani operation. If that is the case, it would be a real game changer.”

As the Haqqani Network is allied to the Hafiz Gul Bahadur group that recently ended its 2007 peace agreement with the government, “it would appear that indeed the government and the military have decided to no longer differentiate between the ‘good’ and the ‘bad’ Taliban.”

Though welcomed, Rakisits is uncertain the operation will deliver the required results.

“Prime Minister Sharif had already waited much too long before taking military action against the TTP and their fellow ideological travelers. While this operation will not eliminate the militants, if this operation is effectively conducted it should seriously degrade their fighting capability and their ability to terrorize the civilian population,” he said.

He also highlights that many terrorists will simply slip across the border into Afghanistan.

Former Australian defense attache to Islamabad, Brian Cloughley, does not think a Pakistani request to seal the border will amount to much.

“The request to the Afghans to seal the border was made entirely tongue-in-cheek,” he said. Pakistan has long been annoyed that it is always blamed for illegal border crossings, simply because it is impossible to “seal” the frontier, and Kabul and the US have always protested vociferously that Pakistan “isn’t doing enough” to stop such activity.”

“But now that Pakistan forces are being further committed in FATA [Federally Administered Tribal Areas], and there is detectable flight of terrorists towards Afghanistan, it is quite another matter. It is the responsibility of Afghan and coalition forces to prevent militants from crossing the border into Afghanistan, and of course they cannot do so. The Afghan Army is incapable of policing the border, and not capable of very much else, either.”

An additional danger is what happens inside Pakistan.

“Inevitably, there will be a very nasty backlash, with most likely a number of terrorist attacks in urban areas, on security facilities and against strategic assets,” says Rakisits. “But the military appears prepared for it. For example, the 111 Brigade has been asked to beef up the security of Islamabad, with 30 troops to guard Adiala jail where quite a few TTP inmates are being held.” ■

Email: uansari@defensenews.com.

Analysts: Pakistan Set for Drawn Out Anti-Terrorist Conflict | Defense News | defensenews.com

Please keep the thread strictly for zarb-e-azb- news/ discussions /support for our army. There is no room for second guessing our army in the war against terrorists.

Dont derail this update / news thread with the philosophical debate whether this op is the right or wrong step. Also dont post the sharia angle / pro talib in this thread and the debate of what we gained in WOT in musharraf's time. Dont discuss khalafat here as well. Such posts from now on will be deleted from this thread.

For that debate you can go here as Ive removed these posts from this thread
Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Is it the solution? | Page 6

@Chak Bamu @Emmie @Fulcrum15 @Jungibaaz

Well done @Manticore

@AmnaR create a new thread for rumors/not sourced news and generally we dont allow urdu articles..

they should have not made the camps in baka khel but rather in the bannu city.Infact the region around Township is completely empty and close to basic Health and educational facilities.

Being my village,I do know baka khel is the region under most taliban threat of all the bannu division

1908021_10152298632085528_4169407674689834190_n.jpg

دہشت گردوں سے شمالی وزیرستان کے40 فیصد سے زائد علاقے کو خالی کرالیا گیا – ایکسپریسس اردو

Translation: 40% Area of NW waziristan has been cleared in first three days of operation | Express News

P.S: Though i doubt its veracity
Most journalists are reporting that Army is trying to complete the operation before Ramadan I seriously can't understand what they can achieve in that short time and how they would finish most these areas @Aeronaut

Back
Top Bottom