What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

Curfew is lifted in many areas of North Wazristan

What is of more concern is that how many of these IDP's are actual extremists themselves disguising an escape .. or how many of the extremists lived with their families in the Waziristan region who've just dumped their weapons and left as peace loving IDP's ... at one hand this step will help reduce strain on Karachi, it will also be an impossible one to implement ..

Most journalists are reporting that Army is trying to complete the operation before Ramadan I seriously can't understand what they can achieve in that short time and how they would finish most these areas @Aeronaut

That statement is contradictory to the other statement by Nawaz Sharif that "this operation will continue till the last extremist is eradicated" .. which is contradictory to the fact that "not all extremists are in Waziristan" .. which is contradictory to the statement that "we will not allow Pakistan to be a breeding ground for terrorists"

Seriously .. some serious loopholes!

BqZnNHmCQAIcL10.jpg

BqZnbwVCQAA6eWc.jpg

Operation in NWA progressing as per plan: ISPR - thenews.com.pk
June 18, 2014 - Updated 1210 PKT

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan Army operation Zarb-e-Azb started in North Waziristan Agency (NWA) is progressing as per plan, according to the Director General Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) wing of the Pakistan Army.

The cordon around all terrorists’ hideouts including in the town of Mirali and Miranshah has been further tightened and reinforced. Last night 3 terrorists were killed while fleeing from the cordoned off area in Miranshah. 1 soldier got injured in exchange of fire, said the ISPR

No operation has been started as yet in the settled areas, while curfew has been relaxed in Tehsil Mirali and Razmak for evacuating the families from the areas and similarly in phase-wise the evacuation from other areas would also be completed and only after that the ground action would start.

Meanwhile the cordon of the areas have been tightened in a bid to thwart any attempt of the terrorists escaping during the evacuation process of the internally displaced persons (IDPs)

All innocent civil population is safely evacuated after their detailed verification.

Political Administration and Disaster Management Agency have completed necessary logistics and administrative arrangements for IDPs, while security of IDP camp being ensured by Army troops.

Air surveillance of the operational area with the help of own surveillance assets continues.

ISPR further said that the terrorists’ hideouts including a training camp and an IED making factory around Hasokhel, North Waziristan Agency were destroyed by jet aircrafts early morning today and 25 foreign and local terrorists were killed in the strikes.

Last edited:
You may be right, but Sir, I bet you would have said the same thing last year if I had said there will be killings of Colonels and a takeover of the biggest airport in the country. Too far fetched? Not at all.

As an example, what do you think is the influence of organizations that are targeting their efforts at brainwashing educated middle class women, like Al-Huda?

I will not deny that this country and my dear countrymen have an uncanny knack for surprising me . But a breakdown of the army necessary for God-forbid end of Pakistan is still very distant and requires a level of radicalization which isn't just there today though efforts are being made , the counters are there , mate . There's a lot more to worry about yet-unkown-to-me al-Huda I believe , though I am keen on hearing what they are doing .

TTP Karachi commander Killed .

Karachi: Highly wanted TTP commander killed
Karachi- The rangers killed a Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) commader, Zuhair alias Salman, during a joint operation of police and the rangers in the metropolis area of Musharraf Colony. Disclosing the details, the Rangers spokesman revealed that the terrorist killed tonight, belonged the TTP Maulvi Khalid group. According to the Rangers spokesman, hand grenades and weapons including SMGs were recovered from the possession of the saboteur, who was killed in a raid in Mauripur area of Musharraf Colony.

As I write this now and it's being read, our valiant soldiers fight the battle of Pakistan in the most arduous of terrains. Operation Zarb-e-Azb has been launched to specifically eliminate terrorists in North Waziristan and God willing, so will it be. Our troops have never let the green flag fall!

Now, the real challenge comes forth after a month or so: at most by August, army will have secured the area, what comes then? What's the aftermath to a sparkling Zarb-e-Azb?

Our's is no kingdom or medieval warfare where we are to capture and annex lands. Swat is a prime example, even after years of a successful military operation, army stays there to hold the area as if it were a captured enemy territory! In other words, the kind of success we would have wanted to see by integration of the society was elusive.

I fervently hope that Waziristan will be a different story; the federal government will be prudent enough to fill in political vacuum that's already invasive and undertake massive developments in the aftermath of operation and this ought to be swift. It should begin with hosting IDPs in a fair manner. We owe this to perpetuation of success that Zarb-e-Azb will ensue.

We belong as much to North Waziristan, as do we to Lahore.

Karachi: Highly wanted TTP commander killed
Karachi- The rangers killed a Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) commader, Zuhair alias Salman, during a joint operation of police and the rangers in the metropolis area of Musharraf Colony. Disclosing the details, the Rangers spokesman revealed that the terrorist killed tonight, belonged the TTP Maulvi Khalid group. According to the Rangers spokesman, hand grenades and weapons including SMGs were recovered from the possession of the saboteur, who was killed in a raid in Mauripur area of Musharraf Colony.
they must be executed in the operations to save our judges the trouble of having them released
our judges can concentrate on taking sou motto action on traffic lights, whats in people's luggage and what did Gen Musharraf poop smelled from last night

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom