What's new

Operation Rah-e-Nijat (South Waziristan)

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz read the latest budget figures approx 2.0 trillion or so budget 330Billion defence budget does not comprises 60% of the budget in any way.

Kindly stop the 80s 90s figures being quoted in late 2000.

Even 40% defence budget for under developed country is too much burden ,it has impact on health,education and development projects.

But my point is , who will pay 1 billion per extra cost for this operation ????if it continue for one years our defence expenditure will be double.

I don't know how you guys can be so two-faced with this. What the Pakistan Taliban do to Pakis is the same way the Afghan Taliban treat Afghans, yet none of you, even though you have experienced first hand what this is like turn a blind eye to your own neighbours. Selfish and sad.

I am beggining to believe the loss of my countrymen over there has been in vain. These people won't help themselves. How are we expected to help them? Pull our troops out as they so wish, now! At the drop of a hat and see where Afghan ends up!

EDIT: I dont want to hear how this doesn't relate to Pakistan either because if you can't see how a stable and safe Afghanistan relates to Pakistan (and international) safety/security (essentially what this operation is aiming to achieve, Pakistan Security and civilian safety) then your reply is not required - because your delusional.
I'm sorry, sir. Are you an expert on the history of the Taliban? You speak like one, so you must be well aware of the fact that this Taliban, the one found on either side of the Afghan-Pak border today, is your creation, not ours (yours as in the ISAF). The world could work with the old Taliban, they did for years despite their twisted behaviour, but this Taliban is not that Taliban. The Taliban used to be a stray dog, you infested it with disease and made it blood thirsty. Now, you smoothly put the blame on us for wanting things the way they used to be. Unfortunately, many of my countrymen don't realize, that is no longer a possibility, because like you said, we can't wish for the Afghans what we won't wish for ourselves.

Now to come to your other point. If the "poms" in your military (I hope I got the slur right) do not want to be there, then you must ask yourself, why are you there? Is it because you are a peace loving nation that couldn't stand terrorist strongholds 4000KM away from your borders, or is it because you would rather not miss an opportunity to become part of the "global alliance" of bullies. If you have a problem with your soldiers being there, then you must blame your own leadership. You were never here to help any Afghans, you were here to help yourself, many Canadians have realized that, I am surprised to see the Australians haven't. Your statement "how can we help them if they won't help themselves" will float amongst the ill-informed people of the allied countries, certain parts of Canada included, but not in Afghanistan or Pakistan. People there know too much about you to believe your words.

Both Australia and Pakistan view the Taliban and Al Qaeda as threats to their way of life. The difference is, your threat perception is fabricated, based on hysteria, economic potential (did you know 70% of foreign aid to Afghanistan leaves the country?) and political gains for the right-wingers, our threat perception is based on hard evidence, on the spilt blood of our citizenry. Do not try to tell us how to go about fighting this threat, just be happy that we are, and do the least you can, support our efforts. I am sick of being dictated how to fight our fight, when it should never have been our fight to begin with. Your soldiers serve 4 months in Afghanistan, most of them spent in secure bases like Kandahar Air Base, drinking coffee and building "bridges" with soldiers of similar nations with similarly pathetic aspirations, and spend the rest of the year complaining about how difficult it is there. Our soldiers are on the front lines, even when they are not on the front lines, all year round. Our citizens are victims, once again, all year round.

But of course, we shall "do more" to please you nonetheless. Anything to make you think we are not "two faced".

Last edited:
in terms of GDP, our defence spending has decreased.

Most of the budget allocated to defence is going to salary, upkeep of fortifications, re-fuelling, re-equipping etc.

and this budget was debated and agreed to by Parliament.

Even 40% defence budget for under developed country is too much burden ,it has impact on health,education and development projects.

But my point is , who will pay 1 billion per extra cost for this operation ????if it continue for one years our defence expenditure will be double.
Oh bhai - 2 trillion total budget with 300 billion defence budget is about 15-16% of the total budget, not 40%.

But in any case, the fact is that the Pakistani Taliban exist now, and to argue over the US invasion in 2001 is a moot point - you cannot turn back the clock. So now we have to deal with this terrorism threat.

Oh yeah!!!Liberating Swat from Taliban and restoring Pakistan's government writ was a trap of US to get oil!! Man gotta hand it to taliban apologists.Find new ways to spread their propaganda.:cheers:

Danger of terrorism is increasing not decreasing in whole NWFP ,now US wanted to spread this fire of war into other areas as well.

Try to understand big game of US in the region :D

Oh bhai - 2 trillion total budget with 300 billion defence budget is about 15-16% of the total budget, not 40%.

But in any case, the fact is that the Pakistani Taliban exist now, and to argue over the US invasion in 2001 is a moot point - you cannot turn back the clock. So now we have to deal with this terrorism threat.

Our defence budget is 3% of 164 Bill USD total GDP. Which is 408 Bill Pak Rupees , if 2 trillion is budget then it is more than 20% still very high for under developed country .

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html

in terms of GDP, our defence spending has decreased.

Most of the budget allocated to defence is going to salary, upkeep of fortifications, re-fuelling, re-equipping etc.

and this budget was debated and agreed to by Parliament.

Agreed, but is there any audit report ?

The world could work with the old Taliban, they did for years despite their twisted behaviour, but this Taliban is not that Taliban. The Taliban used to be a stray dog, you infested it with disease and made it blood thirsty.

Spot on - I have pointed out several times how the Taliban leadership was willing to arrive at a face saving compromise where OBL and AQ leadership could be tried in a mutually acceptable third country after 911. The US refused to consider anything other than a complete capitulation to its demands.

That Taliban might have been coerced and bribed into surrendering AQ and acting against global terrorists because they had something to lose and a lot of needs - they were desperate for aid and recognition and that could have been used as a policy modification tool.

Now the Taliban have morphed with AQ the Uzbeks and Chechen and have nothing to lose.

Fundamentalist, buddy u need to do little bit work on your maths and as told before some self searching before you come up with posts like these.

Total 2009-10 budget was 2.482 Triilion Rupees, in which defence is 343 Billion in which 50Billion have been added for the cost of operations, so real budget would be 293Billion, now plzzzz do the maths.

1 Trillion = 1000 Billion

2.482 Trillion = 2482 Billion

343*100/2482= approx 14% of the total budget.

How in the hell you guys get with 40% or 60% figure is completely out of reach to understand.

Hope your understanding & perception of the figures now change.

Agreed, but is there any audit report ?

The public account committee PAC, chaired by the opposition leader is doing exactly that, recently did came out with some issues, like the buying of automatic transmissions for AK from Ukraine and some other issues too.

Pakistan’s total federal budget for 2008-09 stands at Rs.2,384 billion, which includes Rs.296 billion for defence, Rs.147 billion for administrative expenditure, Rs.523 billion for repaying loans and its interests and Rs.550 billion for public sector development programmes.

It is is seven percent higher than in the previous year and rightly so we need to keep in mind the current situation. Only because we are an under developed country we cannot compromise our security.

Fundamentalist, buddy u need to do little bit work on your maths and as told before some self searching before you come up with posts like these.

Total 2009-10 budget was 2.482 Triilion Rupees, in which defence is 343 Billion in which 50Billion have been added for the cost of operations, so real budget would be 293Billion, now plzzzz do the maths.

1 Trillion = 1000 Billion

2.482 Trillion = 2482 Billion

343*100/2482= approx 14% of the total budget.

How in the hell you guys get with 40% or 60% figure is completely out of reach to understand.

Hope your understanding & perception of the figures now change.

Ok if we accept your figures , you know Indian defence budget is only 2.5% of their total budget.
India?s Defence Budget 2009-10: An Assessment | Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses

We are already spending 7 -10 times more then international criteria of defence expenditure , my question is still un answered , if this WOT continue from where we pay the extra expenditure???????

Pakistan’s total federal budget for 2008-09 stands at Rs.2,384 billion, which includes Rs.296 billion for defence, Rs.147 billion for administrative expenditure, Rs.523 billion for repaying loans and its interests and Rs.550 billion for public sector development programmes.

It is is seven percent higher than in the previous year and rightly so we need to keep in mind the current situation. Only because we are an under developed country we cannot compromise our security.

Barret, sorry but we are talking about the 20039-10 budget, figure are different then the last year budget but defence figure is nearly the same.

spending 7 -10 times more then international criteria of defence expenditure , my question is still un answered , if this WOT continue from where we pay the extra expenditure???????

I appreciate your concern, I really do. I feel that this war is taking a heavy toll on our economic development, among other things. However, please also consider how we will pay the price for not fighting the War on Terror. That price will not only be paid cash and blood, but maybe even in nuclear showers.

And of course our defence budget has increased. I am not happy about it either, but what else are we going to do, we are in the middle of War! It had to happen. It's a simple calculation, you spend more on defence in wartime so you may spend less on defence in peacetime.

Edit
Damn. 1000 posts in 10 months! I should try shutting up once in a while.

Ok if we accept your figures , you know Indian defence budget is only 2.5% of their total budget.
India?s Defence Budget 2009-10: An Assessment | Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses

We are already spending 7 -10 times more then international criteria of defence expenditure , my question is still un answered , if this WOT continue from where we pay the extra expenditure???????

India is many times larger then us with many times larger and booming economy, so comparing just figures is not the best option, in economic you need to take into consideration many factors.

And the international criteria is based on western economies which are developed and again many times larger in output compared to us. Our regional picture needs higher budget due to higher threat as we have a hostile neighbor. Unfortunately our defence requirements kept getting higher which couldn't be met reciprocally by the growth in the economy due to different factors.

First source for paying the cost is US as they made the mess we are in, and previously in the same thread as i told we have other areas from where money can be cut and diverted to the war effort, all nations in war do that. War economies is the term used but as this is a insurgency the cost won't be that high as a regular war.

You have 100+ federal & state ministers, hundreds in provincial assemblies, 65+ member Balochistan assembly is all ministers, do you have any idea how much Billions they are spending in their luxuries ?? The luxury of MNAs, Senators and MPAs different then the above. So my point is that when it comes to dire situation, dire steps can be taken, by just reducing the above mentioned luxury expenses we can save billions and divert that to the war effort, other areas similarly i can point too. Will is needed, money we can generate and we do have. If you just give a call to the nation they can give hundreds of billions, we showed that on many occasions. :pakistan:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom