What's new

Operation Rah-e-Nijat (South Waziristan)

ejaz007

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MOD EDIT: The old Rah-e-Nijat thread can be linked to here: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistans-war/28326-operation-rah-e-nijat.html

Military operation in south waziristan has either been initiated or is about to commence. Therefore thread has been opened to discuss and post information related to the operation.

All members are requested to post here instead of opening multiple threads. This way we shall be able to go through the details more easily then browse different threads and analyse what is happening.

27 die in S Waziristan blitz
Friday, October 16, 2009

PESHAWAR: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) warplanes on Thursday bombed suspected Taliban outposts in South Waziristan Agency (SWA) in which 27 people died, security officials said.

“There was heavy bombing today (Thursday). Twenty-seven people were killed, it was not clear how many were militants,” one security official told AFP on condition of anonymity. The dead were in three separate locations, he added.

Another security official quoted the same death toll, although independent confirmation and the identities of the dead were not immediately clear.“We are targeting militant hideouts with jetfighters and helicopter gunships in the first phase of an operation in South Waziristan,” said Secretary Law and Order Fata Tariq Hayat. “There are some 1,500 foreign militants including Uzbeks, Chechens, Arabs and Sudanese in South Waziristan,” he added. Residents said jets carried out repeated sorties in the area on Thursday.óAFP

Our Wana correspondent adds: Tribal sources said five militants and two civilians were killed in the PAF jets’ bombardment. Ten more people sustained injuries in the air raid that hit militants’ hideouts in Makeen, Spin Kamar, Saam and Badar areas in Ladha and in Nano, Barwand and Kokatkhel areas of Sarwakai.

Sources said the air strikes were carried out following firing of two rockets at a security forces’ picket in Jandola. Two security personnel were injured in the attack made from the nearby mountains.

Tribesmen in the area said the injured included both militants and civilians. They said the air raids started at 10am following which huge blasts were heard in the area. They said the jets destroyed several militants’ hideouts as columns of smoke could be seen billowing from the areas believed to be the strongholds of the Taliban.Meanwhile, Tariq Hayat said military operation had already been launched in South Waziristan. Talking to reporters, he said the action was taken in Makeen, Spin Kamar and Ladha.

27 die in S Waziristan blitz

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know, man I think the army should launch a full on assault there. The entire nation will be backing them. This softening up of target has been going on for too long now. TTP has declared a full war on Pakistan since last monday and it's obvious more is to come. These bastards have to be taken out of their *** holes and then........... burnt alive or something.

the biggest issue now for the armed forces is the "window of opportunity" available. as winter nears, at best the army has 6-8 weeks to conduct full-scale operations against the TTP. with the terrain different than Swat/Malakand, a quick victory would require the deployment of more assets than currently committed. the only thing the army can do is to continue to squeeze the cordon around the militants - cut-off their supply routes, continue the pressure from the air, targetting their hideouts and their shelters. there should be no let-up. SoFs can target and capture key peaks in the area so that we can control the vales. the US can also contribute by targetting the TTP leadership with drone attacks!

i just think 6-8 weeks is not enough time to neutralise the TTP.

I agree with fatman17, a full op right before winter may not be prudent. Instead, we need to use winter against the terrorists by forcing them to hide and freeze to death in the mountains by targeting their known bases through air power and SOF when necessary.

we are talking about Operation but kindly explain how ? We dont have enough money right now to start another full scale Operation. Pakistan now ahead over Ethopia in Food Shortage and we guys are talking about Military operation ? If Public of Pakistan behind (Backing) This operation is not everything without money we cant do anything. Why this operation is delay ? because of Money. We dont know about this war (Time estimate and other technical issues).

Thanks,

we are talking about Operation but kindly explain how ? We dont have enough money right now to start another full scale Operation. Pakistan now ahead over Ethopia in Food Shortage and we guys are talking about Military operation ? If Public of Pakistan behind (Backing) This operation is not everything without money we cant do anything. Why this operation is delay ? because of Money. We dont know about this war (Time estimate and other technical issues).

Thanks,

my friend pls get your facts straight - ahead of ethopia in food shortage! - there is NO food shortage, it is food hoarding and the govt cant control it!!!

AFA the ops goes, we need some key equipment like NVGs, choppers, spares, 105mm howitzers so that we can complete the op successfully!

if we r going to leave everthing for the army to do - then why not welcome them back with open arms!

mods/admn pls merge this thread with the already started "is it time to attack SWA" thread!

my friend pls get your facts straight - ahead of ethopia in food shortage! - there is NO food shortage, it is food hoarding and the govt cant control it!!!

AFA the ops goes, we need some key equipment like NVGs, choppers, spares, 105mm howitzers so that we can complete the op successfully!

if we r going to leave everthing for the army to do - then why not welcome them back with open arms!

Dear ok so why not Pakistan Army (put REAL HEAVY PRESSURE) over US to give NVGz (immediatly sell latest F16s including others) give some Drones etc ?

especially If we are part of NATO ally thn give us alteast 100 Cobra Gunships including Bombs etc (ON SOFT LOAN or we dont need on RENT)

Today we actually need everything in TOT. We already working with chineez hardware but Chineez hardware farbehind US tech. Yes i agreed we need latest STATE-OF-ART weapon especially

For Troops CHINOOK
For Attack Super Cobra Gunships along with other Bell 4 series
For Ground Military NVG's and other equipments

So why not Pakistan Pressurize US ? (asking is something different)

Dear ok so why not Pakistan Army (put REAL HEAVY PRESSURE) over US to give NVGz (immediatly sell latest F16s including others) give some Drones etc ?

especially If we are part of NATO ally thn give us alteast 100 Cobra Gunships including Bombs etc (ON SOFT LOAN or we dont need on RENT)

Today we actually need everything in TOT. We already working with chineez hardware but Chineez hardware farbehind US tech. Yes i agreed we need latest STATE-OF-ART weapon especially

For Troops CHINOOK
For Attack Super Cobra Gunships along with other Bell 4 series
For Ground Military NVG's and other equipments

So why not Pakistan Pressurize US ? (asking is something different)

i think Gen.Kiyani knows exactly what has to be done - he will not put officers and jawans in harms way until he is absolutely sure he is ready - this my friend is enough pressure!

Do PA have capability to fight during night???????

In morning militants will remain inside their tunnels and caves, in night they will fight .

Tanks can not be used in these areas , so militants have upper hand on PA strategically.

I think 6-8 weeks are not enough.Better attack should be launched after winter season.

This war may continue for atleast three to five years.AlQaeada hard core fighter can attack on PA supply lines , air ports , railway tracks and storage facilities .

PA and GOP and nation should be ready for full scale war.

While it is necessary that an operation is carried out against these terrorists. At the same time, we have to make sure that as much as possible there are no human rights violations. Civilian deaths should be kept at a minimum and captured/surrendered Taliban fighters should be treated humanely as required by Islam and Geneva conventions. This is how GoP can win the hearts and minds of the minority taliban sympathisers and turn them against these outfits.

Blindly attacking with heavy collateral damage, and widespread abuse would only further radicalise and already radicalized people

While it is necessary that an operation is carried out against these terrorists. At the same time, we have to make sure that as much as possible there are no human rights violations. Civilian deaths should be kept at a minimum and captured/surrendered Taliban fighters should be treated humanely as required by Islam and Geneva conventions. This is how GoP can win the hearts and minds of the minority taliban sympathisers and turn them against these outfits.

Blindly attacking with heavy collateral damage, and widespread abuse would only further radicalise and already radicalized people
kya baat hain yaar? tum hindustanio mein itna knowledge aur sense kab se aaya? :azn:

reason y ppl might join taliban is 'cause they 've been treated with very much carelessness. they 've been abused for no reason 'nd the feeling of taking revenge makes them do worlds stupidiest things. but they got no idea that they wont take revenge on those who harmed them, but they 'll be taking revenge on those who dont even know whats going in their country

Do PA have capability to fight during night???????

In morning militants will remain inside their tunnels and caves, in night they will fight .

Tanks can not be used in these areas , so militants have upper hand on PA strategically.

I think 6-8 weeks are not enough.Better attack should be launched after winter season.

This war may continue for atleast three to five years.AlQaeada hard core fighter can attack on PA supply lines , air ports , railway tracks and storage facilities .

PA and GOP and nation should be ready for full scale war.

War is upon us sir,

And a dirty war at that...the enemy will not cease to attack even if we do not take this war to their turf...it is time to rid the country and the people of the terrorist outfit TTP and their Al Qaeda associates...

We hear the bombs, see the dead bodies and feel the pain of those around us on a daily basis...we are under attack since long and the intent is to destroy Pakistan...it is about time we realize this cold fact.

The High command will not commit troops unless they can achieve something and yes we have night fighting capability...my major concern is whether the Pak Fauj sees this window and subsequent snowfall as a difficulty or is it part of their strategy to launch attack just before winter...

Let us pray for our Fauj, their intent is known to us...May Allah guide and protect them in this Jihad against terrorists.
Ameen.

I think we adopt this policy also actually Pakistan Army also announce this if we will get any single Evidence about INDIAN Involvment thn PAF also DEEP STRIKE inside AFGHANISTAN as well! If US strike without (any proper information over Terrorist inside Pakistan "Report 1000 of innocent people died in Drone strike") so i think Pakistan also adopt this policy for DEEP STRIKE INSIDE AFGHANISTAN by PAKISTAN AIFORCE if we will get any single proof of INDIAN INTERVENTION!!

Back
Top Bottom