What's new

Operation Rah-e-Nijat (South Waziristan)

I have been contributing to this forum for almost two months now. During this i time i have fought with the sheer arrogance of the moderators and admins of this forum.

The final straw was when they closed my welcome thread, as some of my friends were posting there.

I asked them for a reason and the reply was and i quote " i shall consider myself lucky that it was allowed for that long..."

No I don't consider myself lucky at all, they shall consider themselves lucky that people, like myself, waste their time by posting on this web page.

As far as i am concern if my welcome thread is not good enough to be here then they don't deserve to have my other contributions to this forum either.

Hence i am withdrawing all my posts from this forum.

Last edited:
Why is it that most terrorists that die of natural causes has had kidney problems. Bin Laden died of Kidney failure in December 2001, BaitUllah Mahsud died of kidney failure in August this year and now this guy....

Is terrorism really that bad for human renal system?

Probably got shot in the kidney. lol.

Why is it that most terrorists that die of natural causes has had kidney problems. Bin Laden died of Kidney failure in December 2001, BaitUllah Mahsud died of kidney failure in August this year and now this guy....

Is terrorism really that bad for human renal system?

I dont know if OBL is dead --but it makes sense that he is NOT alive. He is irrelevant anyways.

Baitullah was blasted by hellfire if i am not mistaken.

Hekimullah will grow fungus in his beard and suffer some form of body-rot.

I have been contributing to this forum for almost two months now. During this i time i have fought with the sheer arrogance of the moderators and admins of this forum.

The final straw was when they closed my welcome thread, as some of my friends were posting there.

I asked them for a reason and the reply was and i quote " i shall consider myself lucky that it was allowed for that long..."

No I don't consider myself lucky at all, they shall consider themselves lucky that people, like myself, waste their time by posting on this web page.

As far as i am concern if my welcome thread is not good enough to be here then they don't deserve to have my other contributions to this forum either.

Last edited:

Last edited:
I agree with all this but what you are talking about is the end... the destination and what i am talking about is the rout to it. My question is how to get there. Now Mehsuds are asking for Shariah can we let them impose their Shariah on us?

Dr Israr Ahmed (with all due respect to the great man) has given his whole life to it ... how far did he got with it? Tablighies have been working on same concepts, albeit from an individual's prospect, and how close are they to implementing Shariah?
The democratic Mullahs, the MMA, got the majority they needed in half of the Pakistan how far did they got with implementing Shariah?

Dont you see there is something fundamentally wrong here....

People buy people before they buy a system or a product and those that are selling Shariah are not credible salesmen.

Whose Shariah will you want to be applied to yourself? and if your answer is the Shariah as it was in the time of Prophet Muhammed's saww time then who will implement it? please do not tell me that you want to be in heaven as we all want to be in heaven tell us how can we get there...?

all those things that you mentioned are absent because population is influenced from west, they dont look at Mullahs as credible leaders. Arabs living in states neighbouring Israel will rather be an Israeli citizen then being Jordanian, Egyptian or Syrian.....

we have to play the system to get anywhere. We have to deal with them as if they are non muslims as thanks to taliban the demand for Shariah is perceived to be a threat to basic human rights.

How to motivate people to accept Shariah is the question....

Dont think that everyone is Islam loving as you are ... muslims now a days are more allergic to the idea of development of an Islamic society then non muslims.

I am trying to clarify both destination and route .

If you observe so called developed nations , why mental cases and suicidel rate is much higher ?

They have every thing and luxury of life then what is missing thing?

Allah and his Islam has high degree of attraction for all human beings , we (muslim) created a wall between them and Allah and non muslims because neither we are folllowing principles of islam neither telling them the real way of eternal sucess.

Your question about Shariah is valid , my answer is can you learn swimming by reading , Shariah is not some thing you implement by resolution of national assembly it is long journey will continue uptill Qayamat.

You should ask question why we need shariah ?

I agree with you in last two centuries many efforts, leaders and movements emerged , which is healthy sign , some are less successful some are more but we should appreciate their efforts .

One thing is clear that jehad or struggle shall continue and fight between Kufar and Haq will also continue , great nation always gone through long testing process , so we are in this process.

One thing should be clear , which is the route and destination.

Pakistani air strike kills 10 in tribal area
PAKISTAN - 26 DECEMBER 2009

Pakistani fighter jets have targeted suspected militant hideouts in the Orakzai tribal agency, south-west of Peshawar, killing at least 10 people.

Officials say the dead were militants, but eyewitnesses told the BBC the bombs destroyed the home of a tribal chief, killing three women and four children.

Pakistani troops have been engaged in an major offensive against the Taliban in South Waziristan, further south.

The army believes many insurgents fled from there to areas such as Orakzai.

A number of air strikes have targeted militant targets in Orakzai in recent weeks.

The UN says more than 40,000 civilians have left their homes in Orakzai and are in need of humanitarian assistance.

Source: BBC News

Last edited:
Now you are confusing Soft Power with Strategic Influence. What you are talking about is efforts of India increasing it's Soft Power, an idea that one of my PhD supervisor floated a while back, his name is Joseph Ney and he is the Dean of JFK School of Government in Harvard. he is also credited with the idea of Neo Liberalism and Obama has been listening to him in that regard. Idea of closing the Guantanamo Holding facility etc were floated by him.

Strategic influence is quite different to that, using entirely different tools and strategies, probably you need to read on to these quite distinct ideas. By using soft Power you can not induce behavioural change. what i was talking about is tools that can induce Behavioural Change.

As far as Indian Soft Power attempts in Afg are concern i think they are seriously wasting their money and that is due to the following facts:

1, Soft Power takes ages to seep in,
2,Indian Soft Power is targeted at a minority of population, the NA, it will never gather the critical mass it requires. For Pashtuns all this is just like whipping them and making them more angry.
3, Soft Power is really Soft, it is like “good will” and any decent Strategic Influence campaign can do away good will earned in decades in few months. For example consider the following narratives ...

India is building these schools to corrupt our women....
Indians are helping the traitors the NA...
the Indians are helping the occupiers “The NATO“....
above all India is perceived to be the main Muslim enemy country in the region. Issues in Kashmir, Gujarat can bring all the good work down in few minutes.

NEVER under estimate the depth and reach of ISI in Afg. Do you really think ISI is sitting on its back doing nothing? think again my friend...

Mark my words and mark them well USA CAN NOT stay in Afg for ever.... The day USA leaves, Afg will revert back to Pakistan. (why do you think ISI is keeping Mullah Umer for?) There is a growing consensus amongst non Pashto speakers that they will rather have Taliban then having these thugs that can not control the country.

And mind you Taliban on their next term will not be the Taliban they were last time. Taliban has learned a lot of lessons . Taliban has learned the lesson for not listening to ISI and going with AL Qaeda. Where do you think the Blue Book ( book containing new rules of engagement for Taliban fighter) came from? ISI designed it to give Taliban acceptance in public ... they are marketing them for their return. Return of Taliban is inevitable so if India is building few schools or this and that then i will say good, build more, spend you money build the schools and roads and then Pakistan will not have to spend money on the reconstruction work.

If you think ISI has some hold over affairs in India then multiply that to 100 and that’s how much influence ISI has in Afg due to factors like same religion, same language, same ethnic population on both side, Afg can not do without Pak access to sea, long term partners in wars of all sort, ISI gave birth to Taliban, and we still have many many assets in Afg like Gul Badeen hikmatyar etc. At the moment they have rented Afg to USA when USA will not be interested in Afg and will not pay the rent anymore they will take it back.

Tip toe a little and you will see the dire prospects for Indian’s current endeavours in Afg.

And please don’t take me wrong I am just giving you my analysis, its not that I hate India or anything if anything I am staunch supporter of the idea that Pakistan and India should work together and be good neighbours even to extant that there are no visas and free movement of citizens and combining the Human Capital.

Mind you my friend WE DID NOT SEPARATE FROM INDIA, Muhammad Ali Jinah tried his level best to stay united he was a member of AIC and ML at the same time for quite some time. Read history my friend he tried his level best to keep Hindu Muslim together. If it was not up to Pundit Jawaharlal Nehru probably we would have kept the agreement of staying together for 10 years and then deciding according to the situation that if we want to carry on together or want to separate. It was PJN that said once we start together then who gives “them” the separation and that was what made it clear to Muslims of India that our future in India will be of a 2nd class citizen if we stay in a combined India.

Anyway that is certainly off the topic ….
Though i agree with what you have said, but then i also feel that you have exaggerated/extrapolated the facts a bit too much. Just a thought, feel free to hit back :)

PA which has already lost lots of credibility

really pls do elaborate!

To dr. Sangeen: there seems to be some masala and fiction thrown in your posts with a dose of facts here and there. Operation green tulsi? BLA headquarter in juruselem? Where are you getting this info from? Any proof?

Security forces destroy two terrorist hideouts

ISLAMABAD, Dec 27 (APP): Security forces conducted search and clearance operation in Mandech and destroyed two terrorist hideouts alongwith large number of ammunition and IEDs during the ongoing Rah-e-Nijat operation in South Waziristan in the last 24 hours.

The terrorist hideouts which were destroyed had a medical facility, X-Ray machine, oxygen cylinders, surgical equipments and miscellaneous medical equipment, says an ISPR press release issued on Sunday.

Security forces carried out search and clearance operation in Haider Kirri near Tank and recovered cache of arms and ammunition in Shakai Sector.

In Jandola Sector, terrorists raided security forces check post at Pungai which was effectively responded by security forces.

Security forces also carried out search and clearance operation in Khassadar Ridge area near Tanai and recovered IEDs making material.
During the operation Rah-e-Rast in Swat and Malakand, security forces carried out search and clearance operation in Saidu Heights area near Mingora and recovered suicide jackets, IEDs and ammunition.

Nine terrorists voluntarily surrendered to security forces at Waliabad, Charbagh, Devolai, Jowar, Maniari, Swari, Swawai and Lal Qila.

Security forces also carried out search and clearance operation in Jabrai near Khawazakhela and recovered cache of arms and ammunition from fields.

I agree with you. I like the way Turks worked for Islam in Turkey.

Dont shout Islam Islam Islam and quietly do all the right things and people will be attracted to Islam through your good policies and actions. Instead of shouting Islam Islam Islam and doing all the wrong things and making people hate Islam.

In marketing we call it Pull Strategy rather then Pushing a Product on to people by aggressive sales tactics.

well wateva u call it, it sounds lik the only way.
for this (implementin gud policies) we need gud leaders and where will they come from? one answer is to give up and hope for some massiah and second is to educate our ppl; teaching them both islamic (moral) and worldly education.
now who will make such an institution will be my last question? probably someone with such a vision. can that be you? or me? or someone thinkin on samilar lines?

Shah Doran dies of cancer

KHAR: A leader of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan’s Swat chapter and a broadcaster of the illegal Taliban FM radio, Shah Doran, died of cancer in Bajaur last week, sources said on Saturday. The sources said that Doran had been suffering from prostrate and kidney cancer and had died from a lack of proper medical care on December 17, adding that he was buried in a remote area of Mamond tehsil the day after he died. They said that several TTP commanders attended his funeral prayers.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

A missed opportunity

so will they now form a committee to avenge his death?

Though i agree with what you have said, but then i also feel that you have exaggerated/extrapolated the facts a bit too much. Just a thought, feel free to hit back :)

i have said what i have said.

and i have said it on the basis of things that i know....

having said this we still have a K2 to climb so no time for complacency.

Back
Top Bottom