What's new

North Korea Defence Forum

No I know nothing about DPRK, what I want to say is that China need to be vigilant when dealing anything that involved US and not end up as ultimate loser...US is playing a zero sum game and not a win-win partner.
Thing is more complicated than you can image.
It should be the best situation that everything goes back to its track before, which was no nukes and ICBMs and CBG in Korean peninsula.
But you could see China has little measures, which's admitted by ourselves, to tackle DPRK which relies on China for maintaining the running of the government.
It is very and very hard to deal with DPRK such an abnormal nation whose fate is totally decided by one single man in age of 30 years .

The issue of DPRK is a historical puzzle which has existed for a long while no matter you neglect it or not.

It is not a big deal to recognize something may be wrong with our foreign policy with DPRK .
As long as you can face the reality and your mistake, you could figure out the way to deal with .

There has already been Vietnam , a former ally of China, jeopardizing China .
China should not give a chance to DPRK to undermine China as Vietnam did.

There is a rumor with the source from HongKong media that DPRK propose a condition of $ 60 billion free aid per year plus safety assurance of China and Russia in exchange for nuclear disarmament in 2 years , which has been refused by China .

China losing power in its neighborhood
China never attempted to control any neighbor or tried to have power in its neighborhood.
Pls don't think of China as India .
What China want is to maintain a good environment to develop ourselves on the premise the integrity of our territory and sovereignty could not be jeopardized .

China never attempted to control any neighbor or tried to have power in its neighborhood.
Pls don't think of China as India .
What China want is to maintain a good environment to develop ourselves on the premise the integrity of our territory and sovereignty could not be jeopardized .

Lol Just few months ago china blocked trade routs to Mongolia from china

Lol Just few months ago china blocked trade routs to Mongolia from china
I don't know where your news comes from .
It is not logical for China to block trade route to Mongolia cause there are more than 190 countries Mongolia could trade with.
As i know, Chinese merchant is not prefer to do business with Mongolian because of their infamous credit .

Last edited:
If I'm Kim, I will not take China's advice neither...just take a moment and put yourself into he's shoe when SK and US is trying to corner him at the edge of the cliff with sanction and military pressure, nuke is the only option for him, he knew US fear nuke not nothing else...and for that you think Kim will back down to China's demand when he's ultimate survival is depend on its (nuke & ICBM)?

I think China should know what is US's real intention and ultimate plot before doing any stupid thing, so the best it's to take it easy and don't rush to commit a geo-strategic mistake in favor of US by over-pressure Kim.

China knows U.S.'s intentions to the point of agreeing that North Korea should stop developing nukes and ballistic missiles. Hence why they were putting pressure on North Korea in the first place. Since fat Kim took power, he's gone really paranoid that he kills close relatives, even his own brother who was not even a threat to his rule.

If I'm Kim, I will not take China's advice neither...just take a moment and put yourself into he's shoe when SK and US is trying to corner him at the edge of the cliff with sanction and military pressure, nuke is the only option for him, he knew US fear nuke not nothing else...and for that you think Kim will back down to China's demand when he's ultimate survival is depend on its (nuke & ICBM)?

I think China should know what is US's real intention and ultimate plot before doing any stupid thing, so the best it's to take it easy and don't rush to commit a geo-strategic mistake in favor of US by over-pressure Kim.

I would give the same advice to my Chinese friends but some of them tend to value trade more than traditional alliance.

China knows U.S.'s intentions to the point of agreeing that North Korea should stop developing nukes and ballistic missiles. Hence why they were putting pressure on North Korea in the first place. Since fat Kim took power, he's gone really paranoid that he kills close relatives, even his own brother who was not even a threat to his rule.

Assrahell should stop developing nukes! At least Kim is not bent of building settlements in the US.

I would give the same advice to my Chinese friends but some of them tend to value trade more than traditional alliance.
You have no idea what the so-called ally of China is and what it has done.
I don‘t blame it to North Korean people or the nation.
Sadly, this country is not a normal country and he has been kidnapped by Kim family.
You should search on website for a song named "Call you father" which is composed to propagate worship to Kim Jong-un who has killed his elder brother and Uncle in law , a youth of 30 years now becoming the father of 25 million North Korean people.

In the Northeast area near the DPRK border, there are some North Korean women escaping across the Yalu river from starvation who would rather marry Chinese poor and old farmers than go back to their homeland.

The people out of Northeast Asian areas know little about North Korea.
In the world, some one is really much more evil than the US .
Assrahell should stop developing nukes! At least Kim is not bent of building settlements in the US.
No matter how Kim dealt with his relationship with US, he has no right to jeopardize the interests of China who has offer aid to his regime for so many years .
As an ally, China has done enough .

The Pentagon has reportedly backed a proposal to support U.S. military presence in the Asia-Pacific region with some $7.5 billion in investments to boost infrastructure, exercises, troop deployment and naval assets.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the plan, first proposed by Senator John McCain, is supported in principle by Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and head of the U.S. Pacific Command Admiral Harry Harris, though details have not yet been developed.

“I don’t understand all the details in Senator McCain’s plan, but I support the themes that he outlined and the importance he assigned to that region,” theJournal quoted Mattis as saying during a recent Congressional hearing.

The so-called Asia-Pacific Stability Initiative is viewed as an attempt to boost confidence in America’s commitment to the region in response to heightened tensions between the U.S. and North Korea and in light of President Donald Trump’s shift away from his predecessor’s "rebalance" to Asia policy.

Enhancing U.S. military presence in the region is likely to reassure allies South Korea and Japan, though it may require diplomatic massaging with China, which sees American assets in Asia as a threat to its own interests, according to the Journal.

The Trump administration has requested a $54 billion increase in military spending for the next fiscal year, though it is unclear where that money will be allocated and how supporters of the Asia initiative plan to secure funding. The plan is to be rolled out over the next five years.

http://time.com/4770196/pentagon-asia-pacific-military-spending/

DPRK officials, US experts reportedly hold latest meeting in “Track II” diplomacy
By Huang Xinwei
2017-05-09 09:45 GMT+8

DPRK officials and a group of Americans including Korea and nuclear experts reportedly held talks on Monday in Oslo, Norway, in the latest in a series of secret meetings between the two sides in the absence of official dialogue.

According to South Korea’s Yonhap News Agency citing diplomatic sources, this was the first of the “Track II” meetings in half a year. The previous session was held in Geneva, Switzerland.

There has been no official dialogue between the US government and the DPRK since Kim Jong Un assumed power in 2011.

Yonhap quoted another source as saying that the dialogue opened in a suburb of Oslo and will continue through Tuesday.

The news agency said Choe Son-hui, who is in charge of US affairs at the DPRK's foreign ministry, led the DPRK delegation and her counterpart is Suzanne DiMaggio, director and senior fellow at New America, a think tank based in Washington, DC.

The talks come amid rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula, with some indications the DPRK could be preparing to conduct its sixth nuclear test.

US President Donald Trump said recently that he would not rule out meeting with DPRK leader Kim Jong Un if an appropriate environment is created.

Rex Tillerson, US Secretary of State, also said that his country will seek talks with the DPRK over the reclusive state's nuclear weapons program.

China has welcomed Tillerson’s remarks, endorsing a strategy of dealing with issues through dialogue and negotiation.

"We hope that the US will strengthen contact with the DPRK to build consensus and mutual trust,” said Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang on Monday.

Yes Kim just tested a New type of Missile. It is presumed to be a ballistic Missile. It could also be an ICBM

Developing story.

Last edited:
US Pacific Command Cannot Confirm if North Korea Launched ICBM

The US military has confirmed that North Korea fired a projectile on Sunday, but fell short of confirming it was an intercontinental ballistic missile, saying only that the launch did not pose a threat to North America.
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The US Pacific Command detected and tracked the latest missile launch by North Korea, however, there is no confirmation that it was an intercontinental ballistic missile, and it did not threaten the security of North America, the Command said in a statement on Sunday.

"U.S. Pacific Command detected and tracked a North Korean missile launch at approximately 10:30 a.m. (Hawaii time) May 13, 2017… The type of missile is being assessed and the flight was not consistent with an intercontinental ballistic missile… The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) determined the missile launch from North Korea did not pose a threat to North America," the statement said.

According to the statement, the US has expressed full commitment to working closely with its South Korean and Japanese allies to maintain security in the region.

Earlier in the day, media reported citing the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff that Pyongyang had launched an unidentified missile, presumably a ballistic one, on Sunday in the vicinity of Kusong, North Pyongan Province, which flew about 430 miles and fell in the Sea of Japan.

Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said that the missile presumably flew for 30 minutes not reaching the Japanese exclusive economic zone.

Following the launch, the Japanese and South Korean governments convened meetings of national security councils.

https://sputniknews.com/us/201705141053595175-us-military-dprk-missile-test/

1053543865.jpg

Pyongyang May Have Test-Fired Missile of New Type - Reports
North Korea may have fired a missile of a new type, Japanese experts suggested after analyzing the trajectory of the projectile's flight, local media reported.

TOKYO (Sputnik) — Japanese experts do not rule out the possibility that North Korea could test a missile of a new type, as the missile reached a very high altitude, Japanese media reported on Sunday citing government sources.

According to the Kyodo news agency, such an assumption was made on the basis of the analysis of the trajectory of the missile's flight. There is a high probability that the missile launch was carried out at a steep trajectory, and it means that the missile flew at a high altitude, the media outlet said.

The maximum flight altitude of the North Korean missile, launched earlier on Sunday, amounted to over 1,000 kilometers (621 miles), the media outlet said earlier citing government sources.

Earlier in the day, media reported citing the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff that Pyongyang had launched an unidentified missile, presumably a ballistic one, on Sunday in the vicinity of Kusong, North Pyongan Province, which flew about 430 miles and fell in the Sea of Japan.

Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said that the missile presumably flew for 30 minutes not reaching the Japanese exclusive economic zone.

Following the launch, the Japanese and South Korean governments convened meetings of national security councils.

https://sputniknews.com/asia/201705141053595500-north-korea-missile-new-type/

As always Kim gives the Yankees the middle finger and keeps on testing. US can only stand there and repeat the same old line "more sanctions". And some members here actually believe it's boiling for China as if US is gonna launch an attack anytime soon. Nonsense, the US knows how to restrain herself from firing tomahawks at DPRK :lol:
With the new SK president at helm tension could be lowered lets wait and see how it goes.

i think nkorea will get df41 icbm technology secretly and u.s will do nothing

This idiot, by $20 billion GDP he develops atomic bomb, ICBM, submarine, satelite rocket, 1 million troops...

This idiot, by $20 billion GDP he develops atomic bomb, ICBM, submarine, satelite rocket, 1 million troops...
Imagine what this "idiot" can do if he had $600 billion usd...i say he probably conquer half the world

Back
Top Bottom