What's new

No military in the world can match up to Pakistan Army: Gen Raheel

US never committed itself fully to Afghanistan; it opened new fronts during the course of WoT and diverted precious resources to those fronts. Nonetheless, reforming Afghanistan is a far greater challenge then curbing militancy in some parts of Pakistan. A comparison is not feasible due to these variables.

Pakistan army have suffered much more casualties then the US forces in Afghanistan during battles with Taliban. More importantly, casualties do not tell us anything about the situation on the ground and who has performed better in combat roles.

Taliban are no match for the US forces in a battle, but they are an ideological force and therefore would not run out of recruits and continue to disrupt peace in Afghanistan.

But the weapons they supplied were instrumental in turning the tide of that war.

Actually, this is a misconception.

US forces have conducted operations in Taliban-dominated areas as well and occupied their southern stronghold Kandahar for a long time. Taliban may look formidable in maps but those maps don't tell you the big picture.

Taliban is an ideological force so it will retain its influence and reach in some parts of Afghanistan irrespective of military operations against them. Reason is that Taliban continues to get new recruits from the public sympathetic to their cause.

Pakistan army has also cleared the Taliban dominated areas with much less firepower than US

If you are talking of Conventional warfare then there are MANY Armies
more powerful than Pakistan Army INCLUDING Indian Army

Indian Army's performance in Kargil and Siachen has been BETTER than Pakistan Army

And as far non conventional war is concerned
Indian Army has Never used heavy artillery or Air power while fighting insurgents in Kashmir
and North East

We used IAF Only once in 1966 in the North East state of Manipur

Its not about the conventional power at all . one cal easily know that there are many conventionally superior armies than PA.
Kargil and siachen are wron examples. in siachen IA captured are by bluffing not by war.
In kargil, insurgents with very light weapons were fighting and Indian army did use bofors but failed to recapture then they called airforce and gunships as well.

Doesn't matter what an enemy thinks. Only thing that matters is that Pakistan preserves our unique beautiful race and way of life.

Any thinking person would realise that spitting in the wind will only make the person's face wet. Making an enemy of everyone in sight is not the best way to preserve your unique beautiful race (or races) and way (or ways) of life.

Hey Joe! Why do you even bother to reply to half wits? I don't know where you get the time to do so! Don't feed the trolls. They'll always try and pull you down to their pathetic levels of idiocy.

Can't I do this at least once a week? I love half-wits!! They make me feel so wise, so clever.

Pakistan army has also cleared the Taliban dominated areas with much less firepower than US
Bro,

Pakistani military used a large number of assets at its disposal to kill/rout militants including Tanks, Armored Vehicles, Artillery, Helicopter Gunships, Drones and Jet Fighters. This was never an easy fight.

There were some setbacks initially but Pakistani military learned from its experiences. There were reversals even during Operation Zarb-e-Azab. However, Pakistani troops fought bravely and did well.

Any thinking person would realise that spitting in the wind will only make the person's face wet. Making an enemy of everyone in sight is not the best way to preserve your unique beautiful race (or races) and way (or ways) of life.

Can't I do this at least once a week? I love half-wits!! They make me feel so wise, so clever.

Lol....

The USSR was on the verge of modernizing Afghan society when mullahs rose up against them.
The Russians were not modrenizing Afghanistan per se, they were shoving communism and athiesm down the throats of the Afghans. The USSR backed Afghan govt was opressing it's political and ideological rivals, but then I guess, someone is "evil" only if he is a mullah. Just take a look at the Soviet backed bloody coups and violent uprisings, not just in Afghanistan but throughout the globe. The USSR was not doing it out of love of the Afghans but because it wanted to exploit the natural resources of Afghanistan and establish a military presence in that country. If you have any doubt then go and check the history of that athiest empire from Siberia to Gulags to opression and to the expansion of it's geographical boundaries. I don't know why some people think of USSR as some angel.

And for the Pak -India comparison in your post, I would like to say that apples are not oranges, or what fighter pilots say, no two air combat situations are ever the same. The example of Afghanistan and Russian involvment in that country and it's fallout should have been an eyeopener.

The Russians were not modrenizing Afghanistan per se, they were shoving communism and athiesm down the throats of the Afghans. The USSR backed Afghan govt was opressing it's political and ideological rivals, but then I guess, someone is "evil" only if he is a mullah. Just take a look at the Soviet backed bloody coups and violent uprisings, not just in Afghanistan but throughout the globe. The USSR was not doing it out of love of the Afghans but because it wanted to exploit the natural resources of Afghanistan and establish a military presence in that country. If you have any doubt then go and check the history of that athiest empire from Siberia to Gulags to opression and to the expansion of it's geographical boundaries. I don't know why some people think of USSR as some angel.

And for the Pak -India comparison in your post, I would like to say that apples are not oranges, or what fighter pilots say, no two air combat situations are ever the same. The example of Afghanistan and Russian involvment in that country and it's fallout should have been an eyeopener.

The thing is if they completely took Afghanistan, Pakistan was next (due to our rich natural resources). And it was clear that India would have been inclined if such an invasion occurred. Pakistan could not fight a two front war especially with the USSR on the other side. At the time it was absolutely necessary for our survival to back the mujahideen.

If you give Lion's teeth to a monkey they will still remain the Monkey, same is the case with India. They cannot fight...

The thing is if they completely took Afghanistan, Pakistan was next (due to our rich natural resources). And it was clear that India would have been inclined if such an invasion occurred. Pakistan could not fight a two front war especially with the USSR on the other side. At the time it was absolutely necessary for our survival to back the mujahideen.

We had much better leadership back then, we were supporting our Muslim Brothers and being a Muslim country we have to do it without fear of any "Super power"

When it comes to fighting terrorism or defending the country against a four times larger enemy, of course, he is absolutely right.

Last edited:
After 1971, there was no excuse to remain quiet over the Russuan invasion of Afghanistan.

When it is comes fighting terrorism or defending the country against a four times larger enemy, of course, he is absolutely right.

if it was Indian Army instead of Pakistan army performing Zarb E Azab, then half of the india must have been occupied by TTP

The performance of Indian army...... wait... hahahahaha......

Still waiting.

Your post was four hours ago. Not thought of anything yet?

This Saturday I'm dining out, so hurry up. The grill's ready.

Hey Joe! Why do you even bother to reply to half wits? I don't know where you get the time to do so! Don't feed the trolls. They'll always try and pull you down to their pathetic levels of idiocy.

I have two other half-wits in my striking range. Be a sport and look the other way. It's the weekend, after all. @OrionHunter

Are you a Sikh?

Forget about what fighter pilots say, unless you are, or were, one yourself. What do you say? In particular, why did you say that @haviZsultan was apples and oranges? Any serious thought behind it, or an offended self-image?

Are you a Sikh?

No, sadly.

And then they'd have conquered India, and made the Russian President Emperor of India, before going on to conquer Burma, and moving into south China, with one wing of their all-conquering Army sweeping out over Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.....so naturally you had to fight off the Russians, vicariously, fighting them to the last Afghan. Naturally.

If you give Lion's teeth to a monkey they will still remain the Monkey, same is the case with India. They cannot fight...

We had much better leadership back then, we were supporting our Muslim Brothers and being a Muslim country we have to do it without fear of any "Super power"

Mmmm. And that's why, because all the brave-hearts fell asleep at the same time, and their engines were running and they didn't know it, their tanks ran dry, and the Indians, who cannot fight, came and took over with offers of a windscreen wipe along with the discounted petrol.

Please - come back when you've grown up to be less of a cartoon. Do you know anything at all about any of the Indo-Pak encounters, or are you busy impressing your baby sister?

Did you forget that giving an Army donkey's tails means that they are magically transformed into donkeys? And that if you had not had Stingers jammed up your backside in a line about a 100 miles long, your much better leadership would still have been gnawing its knuckles wondering what to do? It was Stingers from a Super power, btw, O Lion's Teeth.

When it comes to fighting terrorism or defending the country against a four times larger enemy, of course, he is absolutely right.

Get your figures right, it's eight times larger (seven times during Ramzan).

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom