What's new

No military in the world can match up to Pakistan Army: Gen Raheel

Forget about what fighter pilots say, unless you are, or were, one yourself. What do you say? In particular, why did you say that @haviZsultan was apples and oranges? Any serious thought behind it, or an offended self-image?
He gave the example of India, I can give the example of Afghanistan. This debate is subjective.
Perhaps I would talk about it in detail sometime later.

Okay...I welcome this info as it further consolidates his claim.

Of course it does. Everyone knows it, including the US. Why do you think they keep coming back to Pakistan for help? Smart of you to have spotted it, though.

He gave the example of India, I can give the example of Afghanistan. This debate is subjective.
Perhaps I would talk about it in detail sometime later.

Preferably on a week-end. On week-days, I tend to be a little serious. The cabaret turns are nicest during weekends.

Forget about what fighter pilots say, unless you are, or were, one yourself. What do you say? In particular, why did you say that @haviZsultan was apples and oranges? Any serious thought behind it, or an offended self-image?

No, sadly.

And then they'd have conquered India, and made the Russian President Emperor of India, before going on to conquer Burma, and moving into south China, with one wing of their all-conquering Army sweeping out over Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.....so naturally you had to fight off the Russians, vicariously, fighting them to the last Afghan. Naturally.

Mmmm. And that's why, because all the brave-hearts fell asleep at the same time, and their engines were running and they didn't know it, their tanks ran dry, and the Indians, who cannot fight, came and took over with offers of a windscreen wipe along with the discounted petrol.

Please - come back when you've grown up to be less of a cartoon. Do you know anything at all about any of the Indo-Pak encounters, or are you busy impressing your baby sister?

Did you forget that giving an Army donkey's tails means that they are magically transformed into donkeys? And that if you had not had Stingers jammed up your backside in a line about a 100 miles long, your much better leadership would still have been gnawing its knuckles wondering what to do? It was Stingers from a Super power, btw, O Lion's Teeth.

Get your figures right, it's eight times larger (seven times during Ramzan).

lol why would the USSR conquer their partner India? India is their biggest arms export nation. Use logic.

Yes I think he is smoking a cocktail of all Afghani drugs followed by 21 Year scotch of muree bewery

The Russians were not modrenizing Afghanistan per se, they were shoving communism and athiesm down the throats of the Afghans. The USSR backed Afghan govt was opressing it's political and ideological rivals, but then I guess, someone is "evil" only if he is a mullah. Just take a look at the Soviet backed bloody coups and violent uprisings, not just in Afghanistan but throughout the globe. The USSR was not doing it out of love of the Afghans but because it wanted to exploit the natural resources of Afghanistan and establish a military presence in that country. If you have any doubt then go and check the history of that athiest empire from Siberia to Gulags to opression and to the expansion of it's geographical boundaries. I don't know why some people think of USSR as some angel.

And for the Pak -India comparison in your post, I would like to say that apples are not oranges, or what fighter pilots say, no two air combat situations are ever the same. The example of Afghanistan and Russian involvment in that country and it's fallout should have been an eyeopener.
I honestly believe that the fear of Russian involvement in Afghanistan was blown out of proportion by our traitorous ally only to build up momentum for a war and convince brainless mullahs to fight the Soviets. There was no fear for Pakistan at all I must say. US uses mullahs like Pacha Khan Zadran and Haqqanis (who reagan sat with and called the fathers of Afghanistan) when it fits their purpose and abandons them when they are not needed, unlike the Soviets.

Having been fed on rubbish from Zia Ul Haq many Pakistanis are led to believe our war in Afghanistan was valid and necessary. I do not agree with this one bit. America is a far worse ally than the Soviets. A recent example is India became the largest buyer of US weapons recently. With all this rivalry between US and Soviets the Russians still have not downgraded relations with India.

What we needed was a steadfast ally. We found a Presler amendment slamming bully of an ally in the US. We need to rehash our history if we are going to ever pull out of America's vice like grip. Accepting that we were used in the Soviet war by our emotionalism and religious chauvinism is the first step for this. I think even an apology should be made to the Russians. All problems of Jihadi terrorism began at that point of time. America happily used it as long as the victim was Russia. When terrorism is directed against themselves however they raise every hue and cry.

I honestly believe that the fear of Russian involvement in Afghanistan was blown out of proportion by our traitorous ally only to build up momentum for a war and convince brainless mullahs to fight the Soviets. There was no fear for Pakistan at all I must say. US uses mullahs like Pacha Khan Zadran and Haqqanis (who reagan sat with and called the fathers of Afghanistan) when it fits their purpose and abandons them when they are not needed, unlike the Soviets.

Having been fed on rubbish from Zia Ul Haq many Pakistanis are led to believe our war in Afghanistan was valid and necessary. I do not agree with this one bit. America is a far worse ally than the Soviets. A recent example is India became the largest buyer of US weapons recently. With all this rivalry between US and Soviets the Russians still have not downgraded relations with India.

What we needed was a steadfast ally. We found a Presler amendment slamming bully of an ally in the US. We need to rehash our history if we are going to ever pull out of America's vice like grip. Accepting that we were used in the Soviet war by our emotionalism and religious chauvinism is the first step for this. I think even an apology should be made to the Russians. All problems of Jihadi terrorism began at that point of time. America happily used it as long as the victim was Russia. When terrorism is directed against themselves however they raise every hue and cry.
Totally concur, the USSR had no interest in invading Pakistan, this is a narrative that gets promoted by Jamatis and on this forum by an Afghan member A-team.

Pakistan army has also cleared the Taliban dominated areas with much less firepower than US

Its not about the conventional power at all . one cal easily know that there are many conventionally superior armies than PA.
Kargil and siachen are wron examples. in siachen IA captured are by bluffing not by war.
In kargil, insurgents with very light weapons were fighting and Indian army did use bofors but failed to recapture then they called airforce and gunships as well.

Every week, every month, some fresh egg comes on board and immediately starts teaching everybody else basic strategy and basic analysis of former military campaigns, and the best part is that we are supposed to sit and listen to these idiots patiently. Don't they stop to think that there are very experienced people from Pakistan who have gone through military situations themselves and have engaged in discussions on these same subjects? Don't they ever feel the need to look up old discussions on the subject?

Siachen was not captured by bluff, but by pre-emptive action: the Indian Army got to the commanding heights first. Where was the bluff?

In Kargil, there were no insurgents, it was, by the Pakistan Army's own admission (months after the events) the Northern Light Infantry; the gallant among them were awarded the highest military honours of Pakistan, on one occasion on the report of the Indian Army regarding the gallantry (at one time, years ago, I had done a count: the Indian Army informed the Pakistan Army around a dozen times about the gallantry of a soldier, sailor or airman, and the act of gallantry was rewarded; I am not aware that this was ever reciprocated).

The soldiers in their bunkers were 'lightly' armed (what they should have put in their bunkers according to this latest military expert is not very clear) by their own choice; they were part of a team which included heavy artillery which shelled the key connecting road between Srinagar and Leh. Hardly lightly armed.

The posts were captured one by one, by infantry action. The Bofors howitzers played an interdicting role; this word can be found easily in any dictionary. The air force was used but was effective only after the supply of guided (smart) bombs, the gunships were not useful and were stood down.

Next time, please do some reading before rushing to post.

lol why would the USSR conquer their partner India? India is their biggest arms export nation. Use logic.

I did.

It's called reductio ad absurdum. Look it up.

No one owns the country like COAS does. Massive respect. (Please don't attack me & tell me that's 'hero worshiping').

This statement is not just a statement to let the world know how best this army is, but also is a motivation to foot soliders. That's another quality of a great leader.
Under his leadership, Pakistan restored its lost peace. Peace in Karachi is another great achievement.

But I want armed force to clean the soil from any kind of Taliban or extremists, wether good Taliban or bad, we don't want their existance in Pakistan.

We should take Gen. Raheel's statement in terms of defending Pakistan so no other army can serve better than our own Pakistan army. Sure we have no match for US, China or many others but if someone thinks they can breach our defense our army is the most capable to defend our homeland from any aggressor.

Sure we have no match for US, China

Agree but, Pakistan is a 3rd world country and fighting with the odds of terrorism, fighting with corruption, and with the system as well. But despite all the tensions in country, Pakistan armed force is still consider as one of the best if not 'the best' military in the world. So I guess there's no even need of comparison.

Agree but, Pakistan is a 3rd world country and fighting with the odds of terrorism, fighting with corruption, and with the system as well. But despite all the tensions in country, Pakistan armed force is still consider as one of the best if not 'the best' military in the world. So I guess there's no even need of comparison.
Thats what i want to say, for our needs of defense our armed forces are quite capable.

The Red Army was crippled by Stalin's Great Purge which led to over 30,000 officers either killed or imprisoned in 1937. By 1939 when the Red Army attacked Finland it's senior and middle ranking officers were inexperianced and not up to the job. This crippled the Red Army.

The war began in winter which suited the defenders who had done a good job of securing the thickly forested region which was covered in deep snow and frozen ice. The Russian offensive was ill prepared and the lack of proper leadership at command level showed. It took some time before the Russians broke through.

Britain and Germany were almost equal. There was no 1:6 disadvantage in play. Belguim and Germany were about 1:6 like Pakistan(Belguim) and India(Germany). We know Belgians did not last more than week against German attack.

Wrong comparison. Israel was in fact a European country mutated in Middle East. It had the technology and US support that ensured it came out the winner against what were Third World countries. Whereas Pakistan and India are more or less on the same point on the development curve.

And as regards what Raheel said treat that as blowing own trumpets. All Generals say things like this although this is more common in our part of the world. So take with big bag of salt.

The Red Army was crippled by Stalin's Great Purge which led to over 30,000 officers either killed or imprisoned in 1937. By 1939 when the Red Army attacked Finland it's senior and middle ranking officers were inexperianced and not up to the job. This crippled the Red Army.

The war began in winter which suited the defenders who had done a good job of securing the thickly forested region which was covered in deep snow and frozen ice. The Russian offensive was ill prepared and the lack of proper leadership at command level showed. It took some time before the Russians broke through.

Britain and Germany were almost equal. There was no 1:6 disadvantage in play. Belguim and Germany were about 1:6 like Pakistan(Belguim) and India(Germany). We know Belgians did not last more than week against German attack.

Wrong comparison. Israel was in fact a European country mutated in Middle East. It had the technology and US support that ensured it came out the winner against what were Third World countries. Whereas Pakistan and India are more or less on the same point on the development curve.

And as regards what Raheel said treat that as blowing own trumpets. All Generals say things like this although this is more common in our part of the world. So take with big bag of salt.
Not agreed with you, may be you are unaware of military strength and Jazba or just looking at numbers of troops and jets but my Dear Friend again i would like to say for defending Pakistan our armed forces and quite capable.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom