What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

WC Nishan. :D

Goodbye Nishan. :lol:

@Aeronaut @Jungibaaz @Manticore
i think nishan should be allowed with original user name. even if it funny reading his new posts

real question is will this cancellation lead to increase no. of thunders from 150 to 250 or not?
if not than PAF will be in serious trouble facing full 40 squardons of IAF.
i think if the purpose was to pour more money into thunder than it was a good decision.
but thunder needs some gadgets like IRST and AESA.
it will be interesting whether ws-13 joins thunder or not and how much thrust will it add to thunder.
i wounder why PAF didnt explored rd-93Ma or its upgradation with the russsians

Last edited:
meri Jaan..seems like you are not reading my posts with full attention

all your questions are misplaced and irrelevant..and a little amusing sorry.
we are not comparing current JF-17 blocks with J10B.

had you noticed the word future blocks then you wont have asked that but it seems no matter how many times I say that you will keep playing the same record.
I will let @Munir or @Windjammer to make it obvious for you

then u are speculating and world dosen't move on speculation

j31 is better, but takes more time.
j10b is available right after the engine problem solved.
j31 needs extra tail part modifications for TVC, and j20 too.

China is all good but fail to produce good engine. That's the reason predicted long time ago , Pakistan won't be able to get J10, because Russia is not compromising its most latest engine for Pakistan-China J10 pact. Plus India will never accept the delivery of such a top of the line Russian engine to Pakistan . Now Pakistan has to jump from JF17 to directly 5th generation .But engine is still a big question mark for Pakistani production line.

Its clear that the J-10B doesn't offer us any added capability to what we already have with JF-17s and F-16 fleet. Pakistan doesn't have a large defense budget, therefore it makes sense that we take a decade long nap, save up cash and go for a fifth generation aircraft to add a new capability to our air force. It could be the J-31, some other Chinese project, F-35s or other jets on the market.

Some misconceptions there no such thing as the J-31 or J-21 it's project 310. Your incorrect on the J-10B, first batches will be using AL-31 after that WS-10, the WS-10 is also reaching full maturity.
You will be seeing the 310 project flying with the WS-13 engines soon and there is the rumored WS-17 which is said to have 2D TVC.

Its clear that the J-10B doesn't offer us any added capability to what we already have with JF-17s and F-16 fleet. Pakistan doesn't have a large defense budget, therefore it makes sense that we take a decade long nap, save up cash and go for a fifth generation aircraft to add a new capability to our air force. It could be the J-31, some other Chinese project, F-35s or other jets on the market.

Our 5th Gen procurement in future could be similar to F-16 procurements time to time small batches spread over years PAF can have a solid number, the door for F-35s are closed but we would still be blessed with a number of F-16s at low cost against fulcrums, jaguars, lca, -5s that would strongly balance everything in our favor. PAF would still invest in F-16 purchases along with modernization to Thunders.

Our 5th Gen procurement in future could be similar to F-16 procurements time to time small batches spread over years PAF can have a solid number, the door for F-35s are closed but we would still be blessed with a number of F-16s at low cost against fulcrums, jaguars, lca, -5s that would strongly balance everything in our favor. PAF would still invest in F-16 purchases along with modernization to Thunders.
Sir if we are not going for J-10B than we need to increase production of JF-17 and also get F-16 and tell USA if they are not ready to sell us F-16 than they should not cry if the future war with India turns out to be really disastrous for the whole world

Sir if we are not going for J-10B than we need to increase production of JF-17 and also get F-16 and tell USA if they are not ready to sell us F-16 than they should not cry if the future war with India turns out to be really disastrous for the whole world

So in essence you are putting the gun on your head and threatening that unless I get more bullets, I'm gonna shoot myself clean. Pretty neat trick to get something....

Do tell us if it does succeed. We do have the bigger guns. Should get us quite a bit more.

i think nishan should be allowed with original user name. even if it funny reading his new posts

real question is will this cancellation lead to increase no. of thunders from 150 to 250 or not?
if not than PAF will be in serious trouble facing full 40 squardons of IAF.
i think if the purpose was to pour more money into thunder than it was a good decision.
but thunder needs some gadgets like IRST and AESA.
it will be interesting whether ws-13 joins thunder or not and how much thrust will it add to thunder.
i wounder why PAF didnt explored rd-93Ma or its upgradation with the russsians
You definitly won't have to worry about facing 40 squadrons of IAF,as we are facing crunching numbers ourselves. But yeah,there is numerical superiority.

J-10 at the moment not seing in PAF colour but do see extra ordinary condition will lead to extra ordinary decision/procurements.I think J-10 is pretty much on the table its like maturing/available any time .Consider 1965 F-6 China coming all of sudden to support Sabres .So Chillax all J-10 fans ,improtant thing is it will be available to us when we need this .In the mean time develop two platforms F-16/JF-17 .It might be goo idea to procure as many F-16 as we can from any 3rd country do our own upgrades like (Rose) and J17 wow what an adventurous platform we got all plug and play (even engine/ammunition/Radars) you name it so much there to work on.Only needed technolgy visionarie (F-16 Sufa) Israel is an example.

dude we are realistic people.

first talk about block -2,,,,when time for 3 comes we will discuss

You were talking about Rafale and PAKFA just a couple of pages back. Now you have suddenly become a realist?

People who know about upcoming developments are not at liberty to disclose them. You challenges would go unanswered. You would receive a response when PAF actually inducts upgraded assets, and even then their full capability would not be disclosed. That is the way it should be. It eventually all comes down to trusting institutions for making the right decisions and safeguarding national security and interests. Getting and inducting Jordanian F-16s is a case in example.

If you were smart enough to read between the lines, there is plenty of information here. But I think you are here to troll, so nitpicking is all that you would do.

I must say, I expected better of you.

You were talking about Rafale and PAKFA just a couple of pages back. Now you have suddenly become a realist?

People who know about upcoming developments are not at liberty to disclose them. You challenges would go unanswered. You would receive a response when PAF actually inducts upgraded assets, and even then their full capability would not be disclosed. That is the way it should be. It eventually all comes down to trusting institutions for making the right decisions and safeguarding national security and interests. Getting and inducting Jordanian F-16s is a case in example.

If you were smart enough to read between the lines, there is plenty of information here. But I think you are here to troll, so nitpicking is all that you would do.

I must say, I expected better of you.
When are we expected to see first BLOCK II Jet officially ?

When are we expected to see first BLOCK II Jet officially ?

Already coming out. JF-17 with refueling probe, no big changes. Let's see September this year if any huge modifications otherwise we will be more disappointed.

JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+Jets+Fitted+with+Fixed+In-Flight+Refuelling+%28IFR%29+Probe+pakistan+air+force+paf+il-78+tanker+blcok+I+II+III+IV%281%29.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom