What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

More than 50%. Designing phase was mostly our initiative. I know a few people on the original team who were in China ( team of 30+ engineers) and have a very good understanding of our contribution. And the SD-10 BVR was active a solid year before it was disclosed. Quite a lot of tidbits that we dont release for a reason. Makes it fun when you guys guess or put it down.
Same case here,the design of MKI was also an Indian intiative,and now we make almost thd entire aircraft in India,including the engines. I just wanted to make things clear,peace.

j-10b is just at another level vs jf-17,,,,and thats the brutal truth.

but i can understand pakistan wanting a 5 gen fighter and not j-10,,,,but comparing jf-17 with j-10b is pure madness

I must commend you for stealth trolling.
you must be patting your back right now cheeky

but I welcome it nonetheless

as far as the first bit of your bolded sentence is concerned .. I would call it a point of view which I dont think is far off although some Chinese might take take offense that their pride which is a bigger class than J-17 is being put in the same scale but your saving grace is the key word "another level" .. so I commend you for soft troll comment done with style :azn::tup:

as far as the second part is concerned.. the trolling is not as classy as the first one on two counts

1. I have already used the word "future versions" in my opening paragraph of my post.
  2. the word "pure madness" is an over killed expression specially when my opening sentence actually qualifies my statement. you know it well that I am not comparing J-10B with current J&-17 blocks but what they were become in future.
@Informant please stop being baited into responding to off topic posts before @Aeronaut starts deleting them.

Not if you say JF17 block 3...
ya,,,even then

I must commend you for stealth trolling.
you must be patting your back right now cheeky

but I welcome it nonetheless

as far as the first bit of your bolded sentence is concerned .. I would call it a point of view which I dont think is far off although some Chinese might take take offense that their pride which is a bigger class than J-17 is being put in the same scale but your saving grace is the key word "another level" .. so I commend you for soft troll comment done with style :azn::tup:

as far as the second part is concerned.. the trolling is not as classy as the first one on two counts

1. I have already used the word "future versions" in my opening paragraph of my post.
  2. the word "pure madness" is an over killed expression specially when my opening sentence actually qualifies my statement. you know it well that I am not comparing J-10B with current J&-17 blocks but what they were become in future.
@Informant please stop being baited into responding to off topic posts before @Aeronaut starts deleting them.

i can rebut u point by point vs j-10b but i will just refrain in hurting ur feelings.
a point defence fighter will not suddenly become a multirole fighter with upgrades.

i can rebut u point by point vs j-10b but i will just refrain in hurting ur feelings.
a point defence fighter will not suddenly become a multirole fighter with upgrades.

dont worry about the feeling.
your alternate point of view is always welcome.
point defense is just one aspect. both planes are multirole

I agree with you last point. I am not referring to some game menu where you customize your plane "suddenly"

again... the key phrase was future blocks... future is something in the coming time.. which is the opposite of sudden... with upgrade and modifications otherwise its the same thing. ;)

please continue

Not if you say JF17 block 3...
problem is that our friend chose to ignore what I said in my original post he quoted.. I referred to future blocks

dont worry about the feeling.
your alternate point of view is always welcome.
point defense is just one aspect. both planes are multirole

I agree with you last point. I am not referring to some game menu where you customize your plane "suddenly"

again... the key phrase was future blocks... future is something in the coming time.. which is the opposite of sudden... with upgrade and modifications otherwise its the same thing. ;)

please continue

all right let me ask u some questions.

1)whats the radar used in block-2?
2)does block 2 has an irst??
3)is block 2 quadruple fly by wire??
4)does block 2 have canards?
5)does block 2 has rd-93 or al-31??
6)any chance of block 2 getting even a pesa??

when u answer all these questions seriously,,,u will know how huge is the difference between jf-17 and j-10B.

Analysis has to be objective so i expect u to counter accordingly,,,please don't bring awacs in this discussion

when u answer all these questions seriously,,,u will know how huge is the difference between jf-17 and j-10B.

Analysis has to be objective so i expect u to counter accordingly,,,please don't bring awacs in this discussion

Who talked about block 2... I mentioned block 3...

Well.....where exactly is the so called MMRCA that we have all been hearing about for the past 10 years?? We shall talk about J-10B/C when India actually inducts the Rafale!! The J-10X series was always going to be a response to Rafale......and well, no Rafale means no J-10X's!!

Besides, it is not like Pakistan & China will have to go through the decades long process of procurement in case India does actually acquire Rafale. Actually, I am quite confident that PAF will get her hands on the J-10's before IAF gets her hands on Rafale.

Point taken, I am pretty sure that Rafale will induct within 2-3 years soon, the current negotiation is difficult and complicated between France and India that will end soon before process. What will PAF do then? Our officers will run to China tomorrow to knock the door to seek more fourth generation jets along with more loans approval or call Uncle Sam for old F-16 A/B planes immediately.

Why we can't make own independence or own thinking instead monitor heavily on India's new acquisition? I am much disappointed and have no full confident in JF-17 Block II/III taking on Su-30MKIs or Rafale except only praise joint cooperation between China/Pakistan and latest air shows.

Please everyone say goodbye to J-10B awesome Beast..........

1010161_608813272476820_633893669_n.jpg

q86n.jpg

Last edited:
@Zarvan l We are looking at between 150-250 Thunders in III blocks plus more F-16s.

@asad71 - As far as i know, the Air Force is extremely pleased by Thunders so far.

I know someone who flies JF-17.He used to fly F-16s earlier. He is quite enthusiastic about JF-17. It would make sense if PAF continued to develop own aircraft.

The whole team of test pilots were previous senior f16 pilots. So in essence there is lots of input from f16 side into the JF17 project.

meri Jaan..seems like you are not reading my posts with full attention

all your questions are misplaced and irrelevant..and a little amusing sorry.
we are not comparing current JF-17 blocks with J10B.

had you noticed the word future blocks then you wont have asked that but it seems no matter how many times I say that you will keep playing the same record.
I will let @Munir or @Windjammer @Informant to make it obvious for you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom