What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

Would not constitute a shrewd decision to rely on past laurels all the time.. It is of paramount importance that Pakistan acquires a greater number of J-10b's and there is a growing need to shift from this defensiveness, 'minimum deterrence' doctrine. Sure india will likely keep a significant level of fighters for China, but doesn't appease the need for Pakistan to balance the offset.

Future Air Force: (In my opinion, this should be the target, of course not being overly ambitious).

150 JF-17 block 2/3
Current F-16 fleet fully upgraded.
60/70 J-10b
36 J-31

I would say that is phase1, phase 2 will be phase1 plus:
100 JF-17 Block 3
36/40 used but potent F-16s
another 36 J-31s
72 J-10 B or C can be acquired for the price of 36, since the first 36 batch was offered for free to Pakistan not long ago.
I will take this one out of phase 1, waiting to see if the Rafale deal with India will go through...
J-10 B or C has some edge over the Rafale in BVR distance as well as in top flight ceiling with a look down shoot down advantage.going to the J-10s...

The sc

Stop making rubbish up.

The chinease are nit giving you free fighters .

Abd the j10 is way inferior to the rafale. And even the block 52,f16..

*paf air force itself acknowledged the USA falcons are better than the j10 anddecided to get more used fslcon s

The sc

Stop making rubbish up.

The chinease are nit giving you free fighters .

Abd the j10 is way inferior to the rafale. And even the block 52,f16..

*paf air force itself acknowledged the USA falcons are better than the j10 anddecided to get more used fslcon s

Shut up and listen.

Firstly, if you think that we only rely on fighter jets to counter aggression i.e. threats think again. The air force is merely a tiny component of the total military spectrum.

Secondly, the PAF has adequate means at its disposal to counter aggressive manoeuvres within its borders. The PAF isn't designed with the intent to invade and occupy the airspace of another nation. The PAF with its limited budget resources is primarily entrusted with a defensive role. The current fleet along with future acquisitions suffice to carry out the defensive tasks. Therefore, the PAF doesn't even need F-22s or F-35s to safeguard its skies. Get that through your thick skull.

Last edited:
In a recent interview with JF-17 Thunder's deputy project director, Air Commodore Khalid Mehmood by Air Force Monthly, a question was brought up regarding J-10B/FC-20 acquisition proposal. He stated the reasons why Pakistan doesn't need/can't afford another 4+ generation fighter when we are developing JF-17s in advanced blocks and our F-16 MLU-MIII upgrade is coming along well with the new Block-52+ squadron. He also suggested that our analysts and strategic planners should think about 5th generation acquisition in the future instead of buying up another 4+ generation aircraft. Please note that this doesn't mean to imply that the J-10B is somehow 'inferior'. The hypothesis is that PAF doesn't need capabilities it already has, it needs to look ahead.

10300088_10152179664817663_240174515430454477_n.jpg

maybe China does not want to sell it to the PAF ?
China needs to keep its military secrets

maybe China does not want to sell it to the PAF ?
China needs to keep its military secrets

Wrong, China has never objected on handing technology..

The J-10 was supposed to take over PAFs frontline role from the F-16s which was why they were working with China for a customized version named the FC-20. Once PAF got the F-16 upgrades and additional Block-52s, their urgency decreased. They were still under consideration as a counter to India's Rafale acquisition. But since thats delayed and the JF-17s have turned out much better than expected in terms of new capabilities. PAF can now delay acquiring a new aircraft and wait for the J-31, Chinese sources and experts already talking of PAF being the first customer once its ready.

Wrong, China has never objected on handing technology..

The J-10 was supposed to take over PAFs frontline role from the F-16s which was why they were working with China for a customized version named the FC-20. Once PAF got the F-16 upgrades and additional Block-52s, their urgency decreased. They were still under consideration as a counter to India's Rafale acquisition. But since thats delayed and the JF-17s have turned out much better than expected in terms of new capabilities. PAF can now delay acquiring a new aircraft and wait for the J-31, Chinese sources and experts already talking of PAF being the first customer once its ready.

Look at it this way - China has potential military rivals in Japan, Taiwan and USA. If they keep the latest aircraft within China they can protect the military secrets of J-10 a lot better. if they sell it the PAF the probability of the secrets leaking to America increases a lot.

i dunno how good the J-10 is

America is not offering the f-22 to any one of its closest friends. a lot of critical f-35 technologies are not being shared with close allies

Look at it this way - China has potential military rivals in Japan, Taiwan and USA. If they keep the latest aircraft within China they can protect the military secrets of J-10 a lot better. if they sell it the PAF the probability of the secrets leaking to America increases a lot.

i dunno how good the J-10 is

America is not offering the f-22 to any one of its closest friends. a lot of critical f-35 technologies are not being shared with close allies
Well you can have your opinion...
But thats not the dynamics of Pak and China relations.

When it comes to Chinese tech, Pakistan has unrestricted access. You need to do some reading up, its PAF which has refused to induct J-10s.

When it comes to Chinese tech, Pakistan has unrestricted access. You need to do some reading up, its PAF which has refused to induct J-10s.

China has its own national interests

I think your logic is flawed, J-10 is not F-22..... And China has a lot more potent fighters based on the SU series that it can protect and keep as secrets, compared to J-10, which is an Israeli design. Just by looking at it, you can make a lot of good estimation on its capabilities. I classify it as better that Mirage 2000-5, but slightly inferior to the Rafale.

In a recent interview with JF-17 Thunder's deputy project director, Air Commodore Khalid Mehmood by Air Force Monthly, a question was brought up regarding J-10B/FC-20 acquisition proposal. He stated the reasons why Pakistan doesn't need/can't afford another 4+ generation fighter when we are developing JF-17s in advanced blocks and our F-16 MLU-MIII upgrade is coming along well with the new Block-52+ squadron. He also suggested that our analysts and strategic planners should think about 5th generation acquisition in the future instead of buying up another 4+ generation aircraft. Please note that this doesn't mean to imply that the J-10B is somehow 'inferior'. The hypothesis is that PAF doesn't need capabilities it already has, it needs to look ahead.

10300088_10152179664817663_240174515430454477_n.jpg
what about j31...are we going to purchase them or to make them at PAC ? A new variant with single and more powerful engine can be a good idea...is there any progress in this area ?

I think your logic is flawed, J-10 is not F-22..... And China has a lot more potent fighters based on the SU series that it can protect and keep as secrets, compared to J-10, which is an Israeli design. Just by looking at it, you can make a lot of good estimation on its capabilities. I classify it as better that Mirage 2000-5, but slightly inferior to the Rafale.

J-10 is most advanced indigenious fighter in PLAAF inventory
People's Liberation Army Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the rest are copies of Su-27 and Su-30

J-10 is most advanced indigenious fighter in PLAAF inventory
People's Liberation Army Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the rest are copies of Su-27 and Su-30

Did you just tell me that the J-10 is the most "advanced" jet the Chinese have.....the J-11, the J-15, J-16, J-20,J-31 are all names of single propeller planes from WW1 then, I guess??!

So the rest are SU-30 and SU-27 copies....so those aren't capable enough??? So what about your SU-30? How's that super advanced with a few nicer avionics and the ones the Chinese have are crap??? I am super confused....propaganda is one thing but don't stupidfy (my word), an entire discussion......

Actually there are plenty of restrictions. China tends to make two different aircraft types, one for domestic use and one for export. The FC-20 would have had some fundamental changes to it, if it was exported to Pakistan. A newer example of this Chinese practice is the FC-31 and the J-20 fighters; The FC-31 is meant for export, thus it will not include vital tech that is included in the J-20. This reality won't change simply because their first customer is Pakistan.

Pakistan tends to get better deals, and has an easier time getting custom orders, but that is about it.

Back
Top Bottom