What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

PAF was about to make final decision for FC-20 when Osama incident happened. It was requested to china on emergency basis . A $2.5 billion price tag was also decided for 58 jet fighters along with service and maintenance depots etc. But again PAF got double minded.
Kiyani shb was eager with Suleman Rafiq for the purchase. Later dropped again as new Air cheif had to come and finalize it.
Fifth generation FC-31 is not a stop gap solution. Here we need is a duplicate of F-16 to fill the gap and war assurance for parts. Its only FC-20.
Specially when Modi shb is there PAF must fill the gap asap . Modi's tenure is like 60-40 chance of any conflict.
file (23).jpeg

Extremely unlikely that the JF-17 Block III will see any significant structural redesign - at best we might see increased use of composite materials.

Structural changes resulting in increased hard-points and/or wing-loads will be tied to the availability of improved (higher thrust) Russian or Chinese engines.

Realistically, any significant changes will probably occur in aircraft avionics and the integration of new/improved weapons, and that is really where the focus of the JF-17 team should be, given Pakistan's limited resources.

You are right, Jf-17 will not see an extensive change in design, probably more composite, better radar, more powerful engine and better avionics package for Jf-17 block 3.

Pakistan does need something for stop gap purpose, used F-16 might be a good idea.

30+ F-7PG and 40+ Mirage III/V might still be in service until 2020, but rest will need to be retired as soon as possible.

Decision to ayse li , like if 18 , 5th generation jets were parked out side of the Mr Chairman's office , oh nahi yar we want 5th generation

Flying 1970's planes and not taking brand new J10B jets

Wo bhi kiya din the , when Mushraf Sahib was incharge anything was possible

We were getting BRAND NEW planes , 36 plane and finally get rid of 1970s stuff

131873112_41n.jpg

Hath KHALI ... aur kuwab , bare bare dekh raha hai , Cheif sahib

It was such a iconic DEAL imagine Pakistan only 1 of 2 nations flying this BEAST plane

Nahi Hum ne to apne Mirage urane hain ....

December 2014 was the arrival date of 36 Jets .... !!!! What an opportunity Missed

Last edited:
He kicked PAF in the balls!
why say so?

if Musharaf was still on stage, I think the delivery for 36 J10b had been completed. to be honest , Mushraf is the most favorite PAK leader of mine kind.

I think PAF will eventually go with J10c, cause you have bunches of old jets waited to be retired before year 2020. 5th gen fighter like J31 is too expensive to buy at large bulks. I still believe PAF will fly J10 derivatives in the future, it depends on your economy and stability.

why Musharaf kicked out of the thrown? murder Bhutto family?

why say so?

He gave no procurement money to PAF from 2007-2013.

if Musharaf was still on stage, I think the delivery for 36 J10b had been completed. to be honest , Mushraf is the most favorite PAK leader of mine kind.

Musharraf had planned for 150 MRCA jets including 70 F-16 Block-52+ and rest J-10Bs by 2018.

I think PAF will eventually go with J10c, cause you have bunches of old jets waited to be retired before year 2020. 5th gen fighter like J31 is too expensive to buy at large bulks. I still believe PAF will fly J10 derivatives in the future, it depends on your economy and stability.

That again depends on how govt treats PAF. J-10s won't come to PAF, i think we have gone past that window since Rafale is delayed in a big way. PAKFA is also late by a good 4 years. For PAF its much better to partner with SAC and do the development of J-31 over the next decade. We also need a replacement for our F-16s by 2030 which J-31 can fit the bill for.

why Musharaf kicked out of the thrown? murder Bhutto family?

He was not kicked out. He was stupid who got duped in by neo conservative Republicans i.e Bush into allowing Bhutto and Sharif to return.

now with the landmark Russia-PK defence co-operation agreement whereby the russians have agreed to supply the RD-93 directly to PK for the JFT, there could be a possibility to convince the russians to also supply the AL-31 engine which is fitted on the J-10A-B-C versions. if this is successful as this was the only hurdle previously (no export licence) then the J-10/FC-20 project can be revived.

we are talking USD$ 1.5B for 2 squadrons.

now with the landmark Russia-PK defence co-operation agreement whereby the russians have agreed to supply the RD-93 directly to PK for the JFT, there could be a possibility to convince the russians to also supply the AL-31 engine which is fitted on the J-10A-B-C versions. if this is successful as this was the only hurdle previously (no export licence) then the J-10/FC-20 project can be revived.

we are talking USD$ 1.5B for 2 squadrons.
Sir.
There is another problem and that is the reliability of AL31 engine itself. The Indian MKI fleet is sufferring from problems and the recent J10 crash has been attributed to engine failure. My feeling is that rather than convincing the Russians it is more a case of PAF getting cold feet in view of limited gains from a lot of investment and also due to engine problems . Even on this forum or on the sister forum there have been posts regarding serious flame outs of J10s observed by PAF on recent exercise with PLAAF. I think the PAF decision to not go down the J10 route is the most pragmatic decision that it could have taken under the current circumstances of severe austerity due to a crippling economic crunch. The RD93 ROUTE seems to suit us as it is a rough and ready engine with reasonable thrust. As confidence builds up, I suspect we may see an offering for J31 as well from a later iteration of this family. Although the offer would be towards the Chinese or the joint Sino Pak team, It should tell us how serious PAF is about inducting J31. So our priority should be in my humble opinion should be RD93 overhaul and some offset and minor parts building facilities with a view to getting the later iteration of "la familia de RD93" as the need arises and a written undertaking from the russkies to support and upgrade our facilities as required
araz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom