No flat for her in Mumbai because she is Muslim

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

• GUJARAT_RIOTS_2418359g.jpg

The Hindu
    In this March 4, 2012 picture, a visitor have a close look at the debris and photographs of Gujarat riots during a convention on 10 years of Gujarat 2002 in New Delhi. Photo: R.V. Moorthy

TOPICS
India
Maharashtra

Growing up in Gujarat post-2002 riots exposed her to religious prejudice and forced ghettoisation.
Growing up in Gujarat post-2002 riots exposed her to religious prejudice and forced ghettoisation. So when Misbah Quadri moved to Mumbai, she hoped the city, known for its cosmopolitan culture, would treat her better.

However, the 25-year-old communications professional is today knocking on the doors of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) after she was denied a flat in the city just because she is a Muslim. After a hard search, Ms. Quadri found a tidy 3-BHK apartment at Sanghvi Heights in Wadala. Her new flatmates — two working women, in their early twenties and Hindu — found her on Facebook.

However, a day before Ms. Quadri was to shift, the apartment’s broker warned that the housing society did not accept Muslim tenants. Even if something worked out, the broker told her, she would have to sign a “no-objection certificate” declaring that if she faced any harassment from her neighbours because of her religion, the builder, the owner and the broker “would not be legally responsible.” She was also asked to submit her resume. Though she disagreed with the terms, she moved in because the notice period at her previous flat expired and her flatmates supported her and she hoped for a compromise later.

But within a week, the agent contacted her again. “He threatened to call the cops and throw me out of the flat. It got very ugly.” When she approached the representative of the builder, she was told that it was “a policy” of the company not to have Muslim tenants. She was then served an ultimatum to vacate the house. Ultimately, she was forced to leave the flat. Incidentally, the other women had to pay a price for sheltering a Muslim; they have vacated the house unwillingly.

Keywords: Gujarat riots, 2002 Gujarat riots, religious sentiments, post-Godhra riots, Misbah Quadri
No flat for her in Mumbai because she is Muslim - The Hindu
@Horus @Oscar @Jango @Umair Nawaz @HRK @PWFI @SpArK @OrionHunter @GURU DUTT @Skull and Bones @nair @WebMaster @Areesh @AUz @Slav Defence @Pakistanisage @Abu Zolfiqar @Spring Onion @engineer saad

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to prevent Shias from getting slaughtered in Pakistan.

So I take it multi tasking is not their strongest point? o_O

India has a large may be at number 3 or 4 the largest shia population after Muslim countries (am NOT sure but this is i think is the case) so yeh Iran can step in :P

If Pakistan had not been made we would have been living in slumdog ghettos in India like rats.

Funny how others self proclaim as champions of Islam when we got together and caused one of the biggest migrations in history of man to escape persecution.

ISIS and Taliban want to target Pakistan for being unislamic when we have our resident Hindu baniyas having free for all with their Muslim pets. Oh the hypocrisy.

Its a question of prioritization. The first priority gets most of the resources.
Then ofcourse there is prevention of spreading of Saudi terror ideology to other nations in ME, ISIS and whatnot.

If Pakistan had not been made we would have been living in slumdog ghettos in India like rats.

Funny how others self proclaim as champions of Islam when we got together and caused one of the biggest migrations in history of man to escape persecution.

ISIS and Taliban want to target Pakistan for being unislamic when we have our resident Hindu baniyas having free for all with their Muslim pets. Oh the hypocrisy.
Actually amongst the Muslims, Shias the most liked by the rest of us in India.

They are most progressive of the Muslims and are the most educated and have good jobs. The difference between the Shias and Sunnis is stark here. They are almost never involved in any terror activities.

Its a case of Sunnis tarnishing the entire Muslim community why this girl got discriminated against.

Its a question of prioritization. The first priority gets most of the resources.
Then ofcourse there is prevention of spreading of Saudi terror ideology to other nations in ME, ISIS and whatnot.

Actually amongst the Muslims, Shias the most liked by the rest of us.

They are considered most progressive and are the most educated and have good jobs. The difference between the Shias and Sunnis is stark here.

ddea4928c72aabef6151ba2b0566520252eee8717a38a30ec01f1153c873e0e8.jpg

Those who are interested to know the reason for such issues should visit a thread opened by asking Indians will they rent house to muslims....by the way I have been rejected by several colonies 2 year back...

If you are here to troll... Njoy!!!!

Feel free to ask any Indian about this.

Lets admit we are most racist in the world. Only when we admit, we can move forward. I have muslims in my complex but I know they are not as welcomed in other complexes and flats. I don't buy the non-vegitarian bull shit. First my landlady said that I should not cook meat in her flat then I told her I will not lie that I eat meat. Maybe because of my honesty she let me have the flat and also the fact that I am paying premium for the flat.(the flat was not occupied for almost 6 months because of her insistence that her tenants not eat meat). So, sometimes the economics play into this.

Though she disagreed with the terms, she moved in because the notice period at her previous flat expired and her flatmates supported her and she hoped for a compromise later.

1. This part above clearly states that she was already living in a rented flat in Mumbai, so the title of the thread is utterly misleading.

2. There are exclusive private housing societies for vegetarians, Gujratis, Jains, even for Muslims, or for something like Chartered Accountants! It's perfectly legal, though silly.

3. Even non-vegetarian Hindus like me can't get accomodations in many places, it's better to look for alternative suitable accomodation instead of forcing in unwanted, there are plenty of options.

4. It has become a fashion to act like a religious victim, even celebrities like Shahrukh Khan and Mohd. Azharuddin have used this religious victim card.

Back
Top Bottom