What's new

No flat for her in Mumbai because she is Muslim

Those who are interested to know the reason for such issues should visit a thread opened by asking Indians will they rent house to muslims....by the way I have been rejected by several colonies 2 year back...

If you are here to troll... Njoy!!!!

refuse to rent house or flat due to any logical reason is not an issue but refusing someone due to her of his religion is bigotry no matter done by anyone

Millions of Muslims live in Mumbai. They have lived there for generations. Some localities are completely Muslim dominated..

refuse to rent house or flat due to any logical reason is not an issue but refusing someone due to her of his religion is bigotry no matter done by anyone

I am not justifying any such rejection, But the reason given is logical or not logical is left to the land lord to decide.

I was rejected house by several, because i consume Non Veg.....Now in my logic, what i eat inside the house is not the concern of anyone, But according to the land lord, No non veg should be cooked inside his house.....I was about to live in that house along with my family..... and You know what none of those land lords are going to accommodate a Muslim, Because muslims are assumed to be nonveg eaters......

I wont shy away from telling you that, there is certain amount of prejudice in our society.....Most of them reject such tenants not because they have anything against their religion, but simply dont want to take any risk of getting in to trouble......

I am not justifying any such rejection, But the reason given is logical or not logical is left to the land lord to decide.

I was rejected house by several, because i consume Non Veg.....Now in my logic, what i eat inside the house is not the concern of anyone, But according to the land lord, No non veg should be cooked inside his house.....I was about to live in that house along with my family..... and You know what none of those land lords are going to accommodate a Muslim, Because muslims are assumed to be nonveg eaters......

I wont shy away from telling you that, there is certain amount of prejudice in our society.....Most of them reject such tenants not because they have anything against their religion, but simply dont want to take any risk of getting in to trouble......

Getting in trouble at the hands of Hindu extremist organized groups :)

So GoI needs to implement its "secular" Constitution in spirit

Those who are interested to know the reason for such issues should visit a thread opened by asking Indians will they rent house to muslims....by the way I have been rejected by several colonies 2 year back...

Let me tell you my story.

After completing my I.Sc. I enrolled into a college at Bhubaneswar to study graduation. As I and my 2 friends did not want to stay in hostel, so we looked for rented house nearby my college. We were rejected by people because 2-3 top rated gangsters(Titto, Haider, Suleman) of Odisha happen to be from my district. It took us good 1 and half month to found a rented house for us. This is news of 2007. Now that perception has changed, so no one rejecting because of you are from a certain district.

@thesolar65

well it's true that there is sometimes discrimination in not letting out houses to muslims, but it's not restricted to just muslims, people from north east, single men, unmarried couples etc also face these issues.

so while there is some bigotry, in the end everyone can find a decent place to live, no need to make a mountain of it.

No, You got me wrong..... I wasn't referring to that, In a city like Mumbai, for a landlord it is very difficult to verify the documents of a person.......

Secular????? Tell me one country which is 100% secular???? Tell one country with a population above 1 billion, having believers from every religion around the world in millions living together???? Tell you what none of the countries could have even survived, forget being secular......

But i wont say India is heaven for minorities...... It is not heaven for even majority too..... so?

My father rented our houses many times to muslims. Nothing new.

I have a story too, how the 2000-2002 was worst years in Delhi to rent out house to Muslims,and how my father survived from becoming a criminal, but maybe later.

But i wont say India is heaven for minorities...... It is not heaven for even majority too..... so?
Pakistan is not heaven for majority either. But thats a different case. :P

Let me tell you my story.

After completing my I.Sc. I enrolled into a college at Bhubaneswar to study graduation. As I and my 2 friends did not want to stay in hostel, so we looked for rented house nearby my college. We were rejected by people because 2-3 top rated gangsters(Titto, Haider, Suleman) of Odisha happen to be from my district. It took us good 1 and half month to found a rented house for us. This is news of 2007. Now that perception has changed, so no one rejecting because of you are from a certain district.

@thesolar65

I lived in Bangalore mysore as a bachelor.... and never had an issue finding a place...... Once i was transferred to Kerala (back in 2005) I had tough time finding a house to rent...... The house i was rented had to be vacated because of irritation from my neighbor, just because i was living there as a bachelor......

Bachelor is understandable but other reasons are unjustified

Some people dont rent to Bengalis even though they are hindus only because they eat fish and they dont like the smell of fish. It is not just India where problems like this exist. Some Indians are denied flats/not preferred because people dont like the smell of our food etc. It is racism indeed but just silly not something out of hatred.

Their country their rules downscaled to Their homes their rules. Private property need not respect India's Sickularism. Actually it's freedom to live the way one likes.

Indian Hindus are awakening , say thanks to terrorist organisations . It's muslims themselves to blame.

Anyway , India as a country is constitutionally secular but it's people are not.

Since Sickularism was forced down India' s throat during onset of emergency . While actually in spirit it was done away with in 1947.Say thank to Jinnah as he murdered secularism in our collective sub conscious minds.

The most important reason for not getting flats is Non-veg. A hindu flat cant accept beef being cooked in his kitchen!

1. This part above clearly states that she was already living in a rented flat in Mumbai, so the title of the thread is utterly misleading.

True..... I also felt the same while reading OP

a muslim has every right to refuse to give his house to hindus(sometimes they do).. not sure how this forced secularization will work when it goes against wish of everybody.
This cannot be solved by law.

Back
Top Bottom