Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
US 'unlikely' to sell F-16 fighter jets to Taiwan
By Phil Stewart in Washington
Wednesday, 17 August 2011
The sale of 66 American F-16 fighter jets to Taiwan, which would cause fury in Beijing, now appears unlikely to go through, according to sources. Taiwan has repeatedly asked Washington to agree to sell it the advanced fighters, citing the need to counter the growing military strength of China, which views the island as a breakaway province.

China cut off ties with the United States military for most of last year to protest against an American arms package for Taiwan. Sources following the issue said Washington would probably opt against the F-16 sale.

"If the Obama administration goes this way, it's a political decision," Rupert Hammond-Chambers, president of the US-Taiwan Business Council, said

Seems America Has Buckled Under Chinese Pressure. !!

US 'unlikely' to sell F-16 fighter jets to Taiwan - Americas, World - The Independent

With the current economic state of US, they have no option but to accede to Chinese demands.

Its a shame, India couldnt do the same as China is doing right now with the F-16.

Why are you wanting the thread to go off topic you troll. ?? :hitwall:. Get a life and consider the facts. India is nowhere near important to US as China is.

Can't wait for Obama to get out of the office. Then we will see the arms sales go through.

Can't wait for Obama to get out of the office. Then we will see the arms sales go through.

Does not matter you can sell $20 billion worth arms to taiwan it only will haunt them more with the massive Armed Forces of China get modernized.

They can't keep up with the pace of purchase and modernization.

Keep up with the Wars it'll take you to stone age once US used to tell others sadly it came right back at you people.

So US avoided a potential problem for herself, or is it just being prolonged?! I would like to know what other options Taiwan has to purchase same class fighters? Like Russian or European?

So US avoided a potential problem for herself, or is it just being prolonged?! I would like to know what other options Taiwan has to purchase same class fighters? Like Russian or European?

Russian equipment would be good for them.

thats nice Taiwan can see now whats taste US real friendship damn .

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Actually the Drama Queens did make an effort, but I guess it was a case of crying Wolf once too often.

he think his country some thing which can do every thing on earth let him show links when big baby cry 100 times daily for stop block-52

Pakistan could export it's 50 JF-17s .... good way to convert them to much needed cash.

Pakistan could export it's 50 JF-17s .... good way to convert them to much needed cash.

I don't think the JF-17s that are produced in Pakistan are meant for export. By the way, FC-1 is Chinese :lol:

Back
Top Bottom