What's new

Night-blind army tank falls into ditch, 2 troopers dead

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
t72_l7.jpg

Two army personnel were killed when a tank tumbled into a 20-ft-deep water-logged ditch during a military exercise near Phagwara in Punjab, police said on Wednesday.

The incident took place near Nasirabad and Malikpur villages, 15 km from Phagwara, on Tuesday night.

Subedar R Anandan and havildar Mohammed Sayem of 46th Armed Unit Jammu died on the spot in the incident, Panshat police incharge Ashok Kumar said.However, the tank’s driver, Brijesh Kumar, jumped to safety through the vehicle’s emergency window.

The bodies were sent to the local civil hospital for postmortem before being handed over to the Army, Kumar said.

While Anandan hailed from Tamil Nadu, Sayem was from Uttar Pradesh , he said, adding the bodies would be sent to the respective states for cremation.A case has been registered in connection with the incident.

This is so fcuked up.... IA is pathetic when it comes to upgrading systems..

RIP to dead.

I think this news headline should also contain the names of IA general and specially Defence Minister.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......................those good for nothing ministers!!!:angry:......RIP to the dead!!

Rip to dead.........

btw what tank was it...... T90 or Arjun.

i think it is most probably the T90's............

Let me get this straight... a tank tumbled into a ditch... I think you should retire some of your tanks then...

Anyways, RIP TO DEAD

Let me get this straight... a tank tumbled into a ditch... I think you should retire some of your tanks then...

Anyways, RIP TO DEAD

Understatement of the year. RIp to the dead. IA needs to replace these tanks already!!!

This is 2nd such incident
Churu, Apr 8 (PTI) :

An army lieutenant was killed and two personnel were injured when their tank fell into a well during a military exercise in Rajasthan's Churu district, police said today.

The mishap occurred at Teterwal ki Rohi village in the wee hours on Tuesday.

Lieutenant Nishant Karol, who hails from Chandigarh, received serious head injuries.

He was immediately rushed to hospital where he succumbed to injuries, they said.

According to sources, the military exercise was going on for last few days.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/55241-indian-tank-falls-into-well.html

Back
Top Bottom