What's new

New US warships will prompt PLA to play catch-up

The only funny thing is blind chearleading,just saying doesn't make it so you should really read other military sites.
Copying the technology of today will bring you the technology of today tommorow while the others allready have the tech of tommorow and so on .
But hey,if thinking these things makes you happy...go for it :))

Again, the West would have won the Turkish SAM competition if their technology was so
much more superior to China's.

Believe what you like but like a lot of others you will burn with resentment as China
gets more and more powerful over the next couple of decades.

A powerful China is very good for the mass of humanity and that is why I warmly welcome it.

While the US Navy's most intimidating creation yet,the Zumwalt "DDG-1000" Guided Missile Destroyer (costs $7.6b a piece), just hit the water, ten of millions of US people suffer as a result of food stamp cuts.

What a country!?

Lacking long range SAMs, I don't see the point of Zumwalt. What is its intended role?

Day dreaming,they'll be lucky if it can be comparable with today's Arleigh Burke and that's a big "if".

To be honest, Type 052D is superior to Arleigh Burke Flight IIA, in terms of radar, sonar, weaponry. I mean come ON, Flight IIA still uses outdated small PESAs from the 80s.

Type 052D compared to Arleigh Burke Flight IIA is like Chang'e 3 rover compared to Spirit / Opportunity rover. The difference in technology is phenomenal.

Last edited:
To be honest, Type 052D is superior to Arleigh Burke Flight IIA, in terms of radar, sonar, weaponry. I mean come ON, Flight IIA still uses outdated small PESAs from the 80s.

Type 052D compared to Arleigh Burke Flight IIA is like Chang'e 3 rover compared to Spirit / Opportunity rover. The difference in technology is phenomenal.

That is a very straight forward declaration without backing it up with some technical specifications.
The SPY-1D(V) is still a fairly potent radar and coupled with the SM series of missiles a very potent weapons system. Then there is the AN/SQQ-89 which is regarded still as some of the best ASW systems on a ship today. So, you seem to be brining in more jingoism than actual knowledge into this declaration.

Lacking long range SAMs, I don't see the point of Zumwalt. What is its intended role?

Maybe you should study about USS Zumwalt before you ask whats its intended role. Theres Google.

Maybe you should study about USS Zumwalt before you ask whats its intended role. Theres Google.

What's its intended role? A test platform for submunition artillery shells? A stealth testbed to see if 500t fishing boat shows up on radar? SPY3 carrier? Oh wait, doesn't take a 14thousandton ship to haul a 6 meter radar....

A 3.5billion dollar gun ship that doesn't even have a working gun. If they ended up using rocket assisted ER rounds it'd make the biggest joke of the century., bigger waste of money than those 350 million dollar minesweepers (LCS).

That's if nothing horrible happens. Wait till one of these sinks on its own...

That is a very straight forward declaration without backing it up with some technical specifications.
The SPY-1D(V) is still a fairly potent radar and coupled with the SM series of missiles a very potent weapons system. Then there is the AN/SQQ-89 which is regarded still as some of the best ASW systems on a ship today. So, you seem to be brining in more jingoism than actual knowledge into this declaration.

You seem to be brining more Yankee propaganda than actual facts.

Again, prove the actual facts before hiding behind semantics. Use range, coverage, response time, target discrimination etc.

What's the point when you have a closed mind and your mind already made up. You just shift the debate.

What's the point when you have a closed mind and your mind already made up. You just shift the debate.
I have no closed mind at all. How did you get that impression, if you are not shy of debate.. convince me.

I have no closed mind at all. How did you get that impression, if you are not shy of debate.. convince me.

In your mind, everything the white man does is automatically superior to anyone else. You come across as that type of person.

No point debating with you, I've seen others do it and you always come back to the 'white man's stuff is superior because they are white' mentality. You do it without actually saying it. It's ingrained in your mind.

In your mind, everything the white man does is automatically superior to anyone else. You come across as that type of person.

No point debating with you, I've seen others do it and you always come back to the 'white man's stuff is superior because they are white' mentality. You do it without actually saying it. It's ingrained in your mind.
Don't know how is this relevant to the topic. Well, you just lost the argument.

Why don't you convince the man with some technical data of your equipment? It's just like you are having a job interview and you are convincing the person of your technical capabilities. Does rants and emotional outbursts do you better at interview?

Why don't you convince the man with some technical data of your equipment? It's just like you are having a job interview and you are convincing the person of your technical capabilities. Does rants and emotional outbursts do you better at interview?

As I've said, I've read other members have done it on numerous occasions but unfortunately it's the same old story.

No point dude, just leave it.

White man is superior, they are god.
Happy now?

What's its intended role? A test platform for submunition artillery shells? A stealth testbed to see if 500t fishing boat shows up on radar? SPY3 carrier? Oh wait, doesn't take a 14thousandton ship to haul a 6 meter radar....

A 3.5billion dollar gun ship that doesn't even have a working gun. If they ended up using rocket assisted ER rounds it'd make the biggest joke of the century., bigger waste of money than those 350 million dollar minesweepers (LCS).

That's if nothing horrible happens. Wait till one of these sinks on its own...

LOL that be like saying all the cons of having an aircraft carrier and no pros. Stop complaining and let us build it. Zumwalt is already in the water.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom