What's new

New US warships will prompt PLA to play catch-up

... China will make sure US currency status will change.

Sure, they'll manipulate their currency to keep it artificially low. Been doing it for years and I don't expect them to stop.

Sure, they'll manipulate their currency to keep it artificially low. Been doing it for years and I don't expect them to stop.

Countries should do whats beneficial to them, but this is nothing to do with relieving the US dollar as world currency. for the most part, it is self inflicted,.

If it was a failed project, it wouldn't even be in the water. The reason is that it cost so much with all the new technology requirements that they ordered down to 3.
Agreed on price issue, but i think that is a justification for US taxpayers they don't want to show the real picture of this failed project to the general public , after spending billions of Dollars 2 or 3 are not justified.

Borrow 1 trillion bucks and build more Zumwalts. There are only 7 billion bucks each. :bounce: Oh, and if a yuan = 1,000 US dollars, China would be the world's biggest economy overnight. :bounce:

Borrow 1 trillion bucks and build more Zumwalts. There are only 7 billion bucks each. :bounce: Oh, and if a yuan = 1,000 US dollars, China would be the world's biggest economy overnight. :bounce:

This is the reason why China will catch up with the US sooner rather than later.

China's technological levels will soon approach the US's and I can see the Chinese building a similar vessel
for around half the cost.

No Arleigh Burke Flight III is scheduled to start construct till 2016 at the earliest. By then Type 055 would be at least partially constructed. The US would be 1 step behind China.

^^^ Type-55 should be "comparable" to Arleigh Burke Flight III in technology and performance.

^^^ Type-55 should be "comparable" to Arleigh Burke Flight III in technology and performance.

Maybe will be comparable in technology and performance, but surely will be a heck of a lot bigger in size. :welcome::bounce:

Incorrect. :rofl:

ooX8o32.jpg

Day dreaming,they'll be lucky if it can be comparable with today's Arleigh Burke and that's a big "if".

Day dreaming,they'll be lucky if it can be comparable with today's Arleigh Burke and that's a big "if".

HQ-9 beat Western SAMs recently.

Chinese destroyers will use similar technology for their sensors and missiles.

Funny to see the burning going on the hearts of certain people:lol:

HQ-9 beat Western SAMs recently.

Chinese destroyers will use similar technology for their sensors and missiles.

Funny to see the burning going on the hearts of certain people:lol:

The only funny thing is blind chearleading,just saying doesn't make it so you should really read other military sites.
Copying the technology of today will bring you the technology of today tommorow while the others allready have the tech of tommorow and so on .
But hey,if thinking these things makes you happy...go for it :))

While the US Navy's most intimidating creation yet,the Zumwalt "DDG-1000" Guided Missile Destroyer (costs $7.6b a piece), just hit the water, ten of millions of US people suffer as a result of food stamp cuts.

What a country!?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom