What's new

Nerve control

EyanKhan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
@Armstrong (since you gave them as well) and others
So i have exams starting from 7th my preparation is good/great but not as much i would have wanted it to be.
Everyone in my family is a topper or a top scorer basically and that pressure is seriously bringing me down!
this is probably the first time I am having such a nervous spike. Any remedies over how to get rid of this depression? :(:(

So i have exams starting from 7th my preparation is good/great but not as much i would have wanted it to be.
Everyone in my family is a topper or a top scorer basically and that pressure is seriously bringing me down!
this is probably the first time I am having such a nervous spike. Any remedies over how to get rid of this depression? :(:(
dont worry yar, all desi families are like that, not only your own. Let them say whatever they want, just ignore advice of anybody who is 10 years older than you.

Any remedies over how to get rid of this depression? :(:(
Yep! Jump off a plane at 10,000ft without a parachute! The journey down will be so exhilarating, you'll forget all about your depression. :P :lol:

Usually to calm yourself you need to divert your mind to something that brings you peace for me it is prayer and Quran when that fails my friend and me clean the toilet for a few hrs the "work out" helps make you tired enough to sleep well before the exam...good sleep is necessary

For you it may be soccer for some it may be cooking...

There is no remedy for it; I remember that I was on the verge of tears before my O'Level Exams thinking to myself 'Eik bhi A nahin aaiii gaaa - I won't get a single A' ! :lol:

I simply breathed in a couple of breaths and took it one question at a time - You'd be surprised how easier it becomes after you've been through that once and you're sitting for your next exam (the next day or the day after) ! :)

The invigilators don't seem like the Nazis I'd made them out to be nor does the Exam seem as hard as I thought it was; its usually well balanced - Gora jaisaa bhii haiiii....he is fair !

There is no remedy for it; I remember that I was on the verge of tears before my O'Level Exams thinking to myself 'Eik bhi A nahin aaiii gaaa - I won't get a single A' ! :lol:

I simply breathed in a couple of breaths and took it one question at a time - You'd be surprised how easier it becomes after you've been through that once and you're sitting for your next exam (the next day or the day after) ! :)

The invigilators don't seem like the Nazis I'd made them out to be nor does the Exam seem as hard as I thought it was; its usually well balanced - Gora jaisaa bhii haiiii....he is fair !
the way to take care of this is to not do good in normal exams while doing well in final.. that will take care of parent's expectations.. if you continuously do well, your parents will get addicted to success.

the way to take care of this is to not do good in normal exams while doing well in final.. that will take care of parent's expectations.. if you continuously do well, your parents will get addicted to success.

:lol:

Why did i not think of that before :(

:(

Dude, I'm still studying for my exam which is on the 7th as well; and you've finished your preparation already!!

That is just horrible advice :rolleyes1:

Dude, I'm still studying for my exam which is on the 7th as well; and you've finished your preparation already!!

That is just horrible advice :rolleyes1:
Haven't finished yet , Math is still left Which i kinda suck at :ashamed:
Any advice for math and especially urdu ?
A few tips on english would be nice too
And does handwriting count in urdu?

Any advice for math and especially urdu ?

My maths was never that good because I'd always mess up the question due to some silly mistake during the performance of calculations so I usually took a deep breath to clear my mind, read the question carefully, re-read it, performed the calculations and then rechecked what I had done - Usually this did the trick but don't overdo with the checking and the re-reading because the clock is ticking !

So far as Urdu is concerned - I confess that my Urdu vocabulary was and is atrocious so I learnt about a 100 difficult words of choice and used them as and when the opportunity arose ! :ashamed:

A few tips on english would be nice too

Just keep your calm and it'll be fine ! :)

And does handwriting count in urdu?

The hand-writing counts in everything - If the Examiner can't read then he can't Mark !

So far as I know there aren't any extra-marks for Handwriting or anything of the sort; that said, hand-writing counts in everything - If the Examiner can't read then he can't Mark !

Back
Top Bottom