What's new

Nawaz pens letter to Modi in attempt to thaw icy relations with India

Okay we can forge friendly ties after you do these few simple things.

1) Stop cross border terrorism
2) Act against groups in Pakistan which are fomenting terror in India.
3) Get over your obsessions with Kashmir-Jesus its been 60 years of trying to get Kashmir through
violence-its hasn't worked and it certainly is not going to work in the future. Just accept status quo.

Simple really-the ball is totally in Pakistan's court.

One wonders why this letter was exposed to the pakistani media...point scoring??. Though Modi would be appreciating the gesture.

To Mian sahab.

8.jpg

Last edited:
Goodness me, Nawaz Sharif needs to grow a pair. While Modi is completely belligerent and hostile to Pakistan, NS is doing everything to try and accommodate Modi. He needs to look over at Raheel Sharif and learn how a true Statesman operate. Look at how Raheel Sharif handled India when she was being belligerent, that's called true class. It shames me to even call Nawaz Sharif our PM :(

It is indeed extremely shameful now calling nawaz sharif as our PM.

PPP govt was bad but atleast they had ignored india.

well comparing nawaz sharif to Raheel sharif is no less than giving maa bahen ki galiya to Raheel Sharif.

Just because of the useless foreign policy of noora league,even if they bring more than 10% growth rate to Pakistan economy,i still wil never ever in my life vote for anyone even closely related to pmln

Felt it was harsh criticism but then realised not worth it, reversed it.... :p

:D

I see he mentions Modi as His 'Excellency'. The common Pakistani should follow their leader in this regard. Mutual respect is beneficial, even if its actually fake.

Very true. :agree:

Pakistanis need to wake up and smell the flowers.

We have the two superpowers firmly on our side. Russia is providing us with strategic assets like aircraft carriers, nuke subs and 5th generation aircraft and now US providing us with access to global civilian nuclear technology and in the future joint development and manufacture of advanced defence equipment such as EMALS and long range UAVs. We are on the way up...do you guys really want to stick your heads in the sand or finally come to an agreement which will be of immense benefit to the common Pakistani.

Use your brains for once instead of mindless jingoism and false patriotism.

If this is true, then NS is thinking with his brains this time!!

Arn't you guys sick of fighting the TTP, fighting the extremists, fighting sectarian groups..how many precious lives have been lost over the last decade 50,000? When are you guys going to finally realise that violence is not the way...when 1 million Pakistani's die? Insane.

Goodness me, Nawaz Sharif needs to grow a pair. While Modi is completely belligerent and hostile to Pakistan, NS is doing everything to try and accommodate Modi. He needs to look over at Raheel Sharif and learn how a true Statesman operate. Look at how Raheel Sharif handled India when she was being belligerent, that's called true class. It shames me to even call Nawaz Sharif our PM :(

Coming such a comment from an informed poster like you is very disappointing...Does Pakistan or India have any choice but to talk?? Modi showed a great heart by inviting Nawaz during the oath taking ceremony and Nawaz responded...that didn't made Modi small...similary there is a pause in the relationship and if Nawaz is making some moves then what is wrong in it??

Jeez!! sometimes the netizens need to shun their egos for a change, no??

Pakistanis need to wake up and smell the flowers.

We have the two superpowers firmly on our side. Russia is providing us with strategic assets like aircraft carriers, nuke subs and 5th generation aircraft and now US providing us with access to global civilian nuclear technology and in the future joint development and manufacture of advanced defence equipment such as EMALS and long range UAVs. We are on the way up...do you guys really want to stick your heads in the sand or finally come to an agreement which will be of immense benefit to the common Pakistani.

Use your brains for once instead of mindless jingoism and false patriotism.

this is true for both sides...Like it or not but Pakistan is out neighbour...America wouldn't have reached where they have had Canada was what Pak to us...

well comparing nawaz sharif to Raheel sharif is no less than giving maa bahen ki galiya to Raheel Sharif.

Just because of the useless foreign policy of noora league,even if they bring more than 10% growth rate to Pakistan economy,i still wil never ever in my life vote for anyone even closely related to pmln

And this is called as Extremism! Good for you.:D

It's the difference between being the PM & indulging wet dreams on an online forum. Prime Ministers have to live in the real world, Modi isn't going anywhere & Pakistan will have to deal with him. Better to use occasions like this to convey courtesies, not like things will improve on their own. At some point, NS will have to sit down with Modi, climbing up a flag pole won't serve any purpose.
bingo...wish gullible netizens can also rise above this false ego and bravado...i mean in last 6 decades nothing has changed yet both sides feel they can out-score each other...foolish!!

you are being foolish....your problems are inwards and any govt which can solve them is good for you...Judge Nawaz on that front and leave foreign policy to strategists...they know lot more than us...and in diplomacy using nice gestures doesn't mean bending backwards...

Also to those Pakistanis who think Nawaz Sharif is somehow "betraying" Pakistan, this is what your forces are doing......

India, Pakistan troops exchange sweets on Indian Republic Day
January 26, 2015, 8:44 pm
SHARE :
india-pakistan-troops-exchange-sweets-on-indian-republic-day-1422287051-6638.jpg

Srinagar- Indian and Pakistani troops along the Line of Control (LoC) today exchanged sweets at three places in Jammu and Kashmir, on the occasion of Indian Republic Day.

A unit of Indian 12 Infantry Brigade of the Army exchanged sweets with their Pakistan counterparts at Kaman Post in Uri sector on Srinagar-Muzaffarabad Road, defense sources said here.

They said sweets were also exchanged with Pakistani troops, at Teetwal in Tangdhar sector of Kashmir and at Chakan-da-Bagh in Poonch Sector of Jammu region.

Despite ceasefire violations, the exchange of sweets between army personnel of India and Pakistan along the LoC on their respective days of national importance has been a regular feature.

India, Pakistan troops exchange sweets on Indian Republic Day

While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straight...into the shining sun

David gilmore-Pink Floyd. Coming back to life.

Back
Top Bottom