What's new

Navy confirms INS Vishal Going Nuclear

You should counter a reasoning with reasonable counterpoint .

I simply asked you having large area to cover for nuclear plant is that all matters . Unable to counter the same with logical answer you come up with ' thou are not naval engineer and thou must not ask engineering questions ' kind of argument .

and then you descend to the level and grade of stupidity .

is that all you have to counter with ?

that was pretty fast climb-down to ' You are stupid- I have nothing more to say ' kind of argument that one comes across very often .

and how is that no one really cared to question the very title of the thread ?

" Navy confirms INS Vishal going nuclear "

Isn't that a blatant lie ?

There's si many hints there dude.

More than 65000 tons - a nuke core is ideal.
A catobar configuration with EMALS.

One that can accommodate flights of AWACs, refuelled a and large jets -EMALS is the best option.

EMALS and nuke powered acc go hand in hand.

Dude. Chill out.
This 'A Person stupid enough to think that that was a paradox can't think at all.' was an example of paradox and an (fail) attempt at humour by me. So relax.

As far as size of nuclear of nuclear plant, obviously I have no clue (and neither do yoo) but for arguments sake, do tell exactly what other things would obstruct making the ship nuclear powered in some far out computer in the Naval Design bureau. Remember, it can also be so that they have multiple teams working on different approaches ( basically nuclear vs diesel-electric) and all that's left now is some finishing touches and eventual selection of the design.

One does not have to be naval engineer to imagine possible complexity added by nuclear reactor . It's just not about space but much about everything else. Think yourself what a nuclear power plant will require that diesel - electric based engine will or won't ?

a air craft carrier design with nuclear power plant or with conventional power plant can't be just variations of same design but different designs altogether .

as far as your attempt to turn a comment about stupidity into an attempt at humor is concerned- one would be indeed stupid not to understand the intention ! I hardly take it seriously anyway ..I just was pointing at desperation to use such phrases ..

One does not have to be naval engineer to imagine possible complexity added by nuclear reactor . It's just not about space but much about everything else. Think yourself what a nuclear power plant will require that diesel - electric based engine will or won't ?

a air craft carrier design with nuclear power plant or with conventional power plant can't be just variations of same design but different designs altogether .

as far as your attempt to turn a comment about stupidity into an attempt at humor is concerned- one would be indeed stupid not to understand the intention ! I hardly take it seriously anyway ..I just was pointing at desperation to use such phrases ..
Fine, Your Majesty,
Due to the abject failure of my imaginative power, do tell us what you imagine to be potentially disruptive problems in converting Diesel to Nuclear.

There's si many hints there dude.

More than 65000 tons - a nuke core is ideal.
A catobar configuration with EMALS.

One that can accommodate flights of AWACs, refuelled a and large jets -EMALS is the best option.

EMALS and nuke powered acc go hand in hand.

what a lame way to defend by taking discussion totally different level !

did I say that nuke core is not ideal ?

did I say Nuke plant will or will not come with all those goodies ?

was that ever the point of contention ?

I am simply saying whole discussion and chest thumping of INS Vishal going nuclear is much ado about nothing .

what the hell - the naval design bureau has just indicated that it may consider nuclear plant -

Does that translates as INS Vishal is going nuclear ?

when somebody goes to restaurant everything on menu card is on the table - and under consideration .

Does that mean you will end up eating all that is there on offer ?

Last edited:
Fine, Your Majesty,
Due to the abject failure of my imaginative power, do tell us what you imagine to be potentially disruptive problems in converting Diesel to Nuclear.

why don't you understand that similarities between fishes and fish like looking " aquatic mammals '" ends at very external appearance ?

don't you think that the need for exhausts ,ducts , fuel cargo and necessary auxillary machinery and all that needs to be eliminated in nuclear powered ACC because it's not required for the nuclear power plant .

In stead whole new set of engineering solutions are required for housing and containment of nuclear plant-= that needs to be handled with ease with least manpower , far away with little external technical support .

the sorts of solutions and design changes it will entail in internal structures of aircraft carrier while switching from Conventional to nuclear power plant will be just too overwhelming .

I am just trying to tell you - it's not just having enough space to house nuclear plant - in fact space is the least of the issues here . it is the wholly different systems required that makes the whole thing ( I mean 'conventional' design with 'nuclear' alternative ) untenable .

Lol don't forget the viki saga. EMALS offer from the US looks like a fair deal.

Fair deal for how long?
Western block is screwing a country like Russia (with their sanctions) which is P-5 and has more nukes stockpile than the US. India is not even close here. If they do it with Russia, India is nobody for them. And looking at the history (Sea King), they would repeat such ..

waste of money.....it will atleast 5 bn $ ...rather go for subs and asw which is need of an hour
P75i is no where to be seen .........we need more p8is more kamorta cls and its follow ons

Same shit if they wanna block your spare parts....

what a lame way to defend by taking discussion totally different level !

did I say that nuke core is not ideal ?

did I say Nuke plant will or will not come with all those goodies ?

was that ever the point of contention ?

I am simply saying whole discussion and chest thumping of INS Vishal going nuclear is much ado about nothing .

what the hell - the naval design bureau has just indicated that it may consider nuclear plant -

Does that translates as INS Vishal is going nuclear ?

when somebody goes to restaurant everything on menu card is on the table - and under consideration .

Does that mean you will end up eating all that is there on offer ?

What a lame post...you don't even have an argument there to respond to.

Dude. Chill out.
This 'A Person stupid enough to think that that was a paradox can't think at all.' was an example of paradox and an (fail) attempt at humour by me. So relax.

As far as size of nuclear of nuclear plant, obviously I have no clue (and neither do yoo) but for arguments sake, do tell exactly what other things would obstruct making the ship nuclear powered in some far out computer in the Naval Design bureau. Remember, it can also be so that they have multiple teams working on different approaches ( basically nuclear vs diesel-electric) and all that's left now is some finishing touches and eventual selection of the design.

Its not that simple.

Assume you have a steam based catapult. Then you need something which produces steam. This can come from a CODAG or CODOG or nuclear reactor.

If you have EMALS, you need electricity, not steam.

Now, think. If it was in the final stages this would have been finalised. Both are very different and require hell of a lot of internal wiring, piping, mechanices. Going by what's written in the article, I would say only the hull has been finalised. Else, we are going the way of the Gorshkov.

What say @Capt.Popeye @Penguin

What a lame post...you don't even have an argument there to respond to.

do you ever think about what you reply and how and what for ?

do you think by righting 'anything' which is remotely related to the point of contention makes your point valid ?

Go back and check what I am talking about and what you posted .

do you ever think about what you reply and how and what for ?

do you think by righting 'anything' which is remotely related to the point of contention makes your point valid ?

Go back and check what I am talking about and what you posted .

I just got a lot if hot steam from your post nothing else.

Nobody is chest thumping other than you jumping on hot coal.

I was deciphering the article nothing else.

I think, the navy should look more towards acquiring new Subs and New Mine sweepers
as well as modern ASW helis
rest of the fleet is in good shape

I just got a lot if hot steam from your post nothing else.

Nobody is chest thumping other than you jumping on hot coal.

I was deciphering the article nothing else.

Navy confirms that INS Vishal going Nuclear

Does not that sound like chest thumping to you ?

and the accompanying ' likes ' what does that tell you ?

Those people who liked the post - did they see the disparity between title of thread and the content of article accompanying ?

and I am the one who is jumping on hot coal just because I refused to appreciate " Naked king's new clothes " ?

Nuke carrier is good but it should also get same support. I believe Indian navy will only recieve go ahead for nuke carrier when government is confident and on board that we will recieve our capable destroyers frigates and SSNs before nuke carrier goes in operation. Thank you.

Navy confirms that INS Vishal going Nuclear

Does not that sound like chest thumping to you ?

and the accompanying ' likes ' what does that tell you ?

Those people who liked the post - did they see the disparity between title of thread and the content of article accompanying ?

and I am the one who is jumping on hot coal just because I refused to appreciate " Naked king's new clothes " ?

DamN, you measure worth of your post by the thanks you get?..honestly I didn't get anything from your post other than a long whine about God knows what. I am not discussing the title BTW. I was highlighting the points in the article.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom