What's new

Navy confirms INS Vishal Going Nuclear

we don't NEED to go nuclear just as of now..the submarine arm is decaying with no visible respite.

Rather than a nuclear AC, i would take a fleet of soryu class subs more urgently. along with an fully armed fleet of surface combatants capable of carrying out ASW, a set of quiet attack submarines will truely let us reach the SCS and the gulf the same way a nuclear AC would. plus the mobility of such a fleet is more lethal and easy to operate. they will ensure sea control just fine. who else is there right now ? the PLAN. We should match responses after deliberate consideration only. not go for glory. we yet do not have the money to match china.
We ain't GETTING a nuclear powered ACC now. It's design isn't even finalized. With the pace of development of these things in India, expect it no sooner than 2025-2030 at best. It will certainly serve uptill 2050 and beyond. Future requirements will be of primary importance in any design philosophy and not just present needs.

Eye on dragon my *** they dont exist. get a life first

Hypocrisy in everything leads to confusion on all

d3c3d7f0e0c27f01dc296f2e7956d65d.jpg

We build to safeguards our waters

Eye on the dragon, the elephant will build Asia's first nuclear carrier!

Eye on dragon my *** they dont exist. get a life first
Hypocrisy in everything leads to confusion on all
d3c3d7f0e0c27f01dc296f2e7956d65d.jpg

We build to safe guard our seas

Indian Navy has finally has confirmed that design of the second indigenous aircraft carrier is in final stage and Director General of Naval Design Bureau Rear Admiral Atul Saxena only confirmed that navy is considering using nuclear-powered engine for it.

INS Vishal aka IAC-II will be over 65,000 tonnes in weight and will have CATOBAR Configuration system to launch heavier aircraft like larger fighters, AEW (airborne early-warning) aircraft and mid-air refueling tankers. General Atomics briefed Indian Navy on Electro-Magnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS). EMALS is new-generation catapult that the Indian Navy is evaluating which uses a powerful electro-magnetic field instead of steam.

first EMALS-equipped carrier, the USS Gerald R Ford, will enter service by 2016. While Indian Navy is still debating merits of Nuclear Powered carrier over Conventional Carrier, Going Nuclear with INS Vishal will not only throw out complex challenges to Indian shipbuilders but also cost India much more ,

According to estimate put out by Indian navy for Conventional Aircraft carrier of 65,000 tonnes in weight will cost close to 2.5 billion dollars but going Nuclear will add more to R&D in developing new reactors for the carrier . India has successfully developed a 83 MW Nuclear power plant for Indigenous developed Nuclear Submarines but an aircraft carrier over 65,000 tonnes in weight will require 4 times more power and development of bigger Nuclear reactors . Larger Aircraft carrier provides abundant space for bigger Reactor but will require few more years to develop and mature which could have direct effect on schedule and launch of INS Vishal .

Nuclear Aircraft carrier will not only be most expensive weapons system in its arsenal but also requires lot of investment in maintaining them , Nuclear carriers requires higher labor hours to maintain reactor and other complex systems. it also requires investment in Shipyards to train manpower to handle nuclear carriers , While China plans to build 3 to 4 Nuclear Aircraft carrier,

which will justify such Investment but Indian Navy always wanted to maintain 3 Aircraft carriers and plans to build only one Nuclear powered Aircraft carrier will not justify the cost and will limit Shipyard repairs to one or two docks . Nuclear Aircraft carrier doesn’t require nuclear refueling for 20 to 30 years but according countries who operate Nuclear aircraft carrier major overhaul and change of core of reactor and refueling is expensive and costs 58% more in life cycle cost of an conventional carrier after 2 or 3 decades in service. Even Inactive Nuclear Aircraft carrier cost money to decommission, and extensive work is necessary to remove spent nuclear fuel from the reactor plant and remove and dispose of the radio logically contaminated reactor plant and other system components. Some Experts argue that Instead of going Nuclear with INS Vishal , If India sticks to conventional carrier, we can actually be able to save enough money to work on smaller aircraft carrier in size of INS Vikrant class .
Flexibility of INS Vishal Going Nuclear | idrw.org

Director General of Naval Design Bureau Rear Admiral Atul Saxena only confirmed that navy is considering using nuclear-powered engine for it.

This is a great example of " Oxymoron "

Director General of Naval Design Bureau Rear Admiral Atul Saxena only confirmed that navy is considering using nuclear-powered engine for it.

This is a great example of " Oxymoron "

If so then assume it is sonly. You missed the part about the design already in its final stage.

If so then assume it is sonly. You missed the part about the design already in its final stage.

the article is absolutely unbelievable !
If the design is in final stage then why are they still ' considering ' nuclear reactor ?

that means the design is not finalized . right ?

Or you are trying to say ...everything else except the energy plant - whether conventional or nuclear is not finalized ..?

in any case the statements are self-contradictory. and therefore it raises several questions regarding its reliability and validity !

I was just pointing out the paradox !

If the design is in final stage then why are they still ' considering ' nuclear reactor ?

Or you are trying to say ...everything else except the energy plant - whether conventional or nuclear is not finalized ..?

in any case the statements are self-contradictory. and therefore it raises several questions regarding its reliability and validity !

:flame::flame:
There is no paradox. He has confirmed that they are considering nuclear option. He hasn't confirmed the nuclear powerplant.:sick::sick:

my opinion is better stick with Conventional carriers but with larger carrier with EMALS

nuclear carriers would cost india a lot plus we dont need such costly platforms plus time taking to build such carriers

even china do built nuclear carrier let them built

lets spend money on nuke submarines rather

CHEERS

Design options come with a couple of variations. You missed one more part in the article. The design incorporates a large enough area to incorporate a nuclear core.

The design is in "final stage" means it is still in progress, something that can be modified.
However, India is inviting itself to US Blackmail if they have not forgotten the sordid saga of Sea king...
Senior Modi is not all that adroit in this case...

Design options come with a couple of variations. You missed one more part in the article. The design incorporates a large enough area to incorporate a nuclear core.

I know that . however you can't say that design is in final stage when something as crucial as energy plant is not finalized yet !

I am just pointing at obvious paradox ...what is the need to boast that the design is in final stage ?

are you saying that having large enough area for nuclear plant is all that matters to change from conventional to nuclear One ?

tell me ...is that all simple ?

just replace conventional plant with nuclear plant ???

:flame::flame:
There is no paradox. He has confirmed that they are considering nuclear option. He hasn't confirmed the nuclear powerplant.:sick::sick:

I was just pointing at the ' literal ' paradox conveyed by the words " confirmed " and " considering "

I do understand what is being said .

what is new about it ?

It was under consideration for long time - as far I remember reading from Mr Prasun Sen's blog last year !

The design is in "final stage" means it is still in progress, something that can be modified.
However, India is inviting itself to US Blackmail if they have not forgotten the sordid saga of Sea king...
Senior Modi is not all that adroit in this case...

Lol don't forget the viki saga. EMALS offer from the US looks like a fair deal.

I know that . however you can't say that design is in final stage when something as crucial as energy plant is not finalized yet !

I am just pointing at obvious paradox ...what is the need to boast that the design is in final stage ?

are you saying that having large enough area for nuclear plant is all that matters to change from conventional to nuclear One ?

tell me ...is that all simple ?

just replace conventional plant with nuclear plant ???
Unless you are some sort of a naval engineer with extensive experience in designing nuclear powered Aircraft Carriers, you should let this one go. I believe the Directorate Gen of Naval design bureau 'Rear Admiral'(wtf :lol:) should know more than us keyboard warriors.

I was just pointing at the ' literal ' paradox conveyed by the words " confirmed " and " considering "

I do understand what is being said .

what is new about it ?

It was under consideration for long time - as far I remember reading from Mr Prasun Sen's blog last year !
:flame::flame::flame:
There is nothing paradoxical about that. Nothing. Nada
A Person stupid enough to think that that was a paradox can't think at all.;)

Unless you are some sort of a naval engineer with extensive experience in designing nuclear powered Aircraft Carriers, you should let this one go. I believe the Directorate Gen of Naval design bureau 'Rear Admiral'(wtf :lol:) should know more than us keyboard warriors.

:flame::flame::flame:
There is nothing paradoxical about that. Nothing. Nada
A Person stupid enough to think that that was a paradox can't think at all.;)

You should counter a reasoning with reasonable counterpoint .

I simply asked you having large area to cover for nuclear plant is that all matters . Unable to counter the same with logical answer you come up with ' thou are not naval engineer and thou must not ask engineering questions ' kind of argument .

and then you descend to the level and grade of stupidity .

is that all you have to counter with ?

that was pretty fast climb-down to ' You are stupid- I have nothing more to say ' kind of argument that one comes across very often .

and how is that no one really cared to question the very title of the thread ?

" Navy confirms INS Vishal going nuclear "

Isn't that a blatant lie ?

You should counter a reasoning with reasonable counterpoint .

I simply asked you having large area to cover for nuclear plant is that all matters . Unable to counter the same with logical answer you come up with ' thou are not naval engineer and thou must not ask engineering questions ' kind of argument .

and then you descend to the level and grade of stupidity .

is that all you have to counter with ?

that was pretty fast climb-down to ' You are stupid- I have nothing more to say ' kind of argument that one comes across very often .

and how is that no one really cared to question the very title of the thread ?

" Navy confirms INS Vishal going nuclear "

Isn't that a blatant lie ?
Dude. Chill out.
This 'A Person stupid enough to think that that was a paradox can't think at all.' was an example of paradox and an (fail) attempt at humour by me. So relax.

As far as size of nuclear of nuclear plant, obviously I have no clue (and neither do yoo) but for arguments sake, do tell exactly what other things would obstruct making the ship nuclear powered in some far out computer in the Naval Design bureau. Remember, it can also be so that they have multiple teams working on different approaches ( basically nuclear vs diesel-electric) and all that's left now is some finishing touches and eventual selection of the design.

waste of money.....it will atleast 5 bn $ ...rather go for subs and asw which is need of an hour
P75i is no where to be seen .........we need more p8is more kamorta cls and its follow ons

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom