What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The importance of parent language should never be lost and should not be undermined. But narrowing it to establishing an identity amounts to losing the large number of people who do have a blood line linked to the identity. This is narrow thinking. In my opinion the large Pathan Diaspora who do not speak Pushto language should not be lost because of their inability to speak the language. Infact, efforts may be made to take this beautiful language to them so that they are brought back within its fold, rather than cutting them off permanently due to their inability to converse in the same.

Just imagine, the advantages accrued when such a large number of these left out people is brought within this fold and the strengths that they bring with them. This would not only enhance the diversity of the existing people but will help in its further preserving the cultural homogenization.

A culture which does not infuse fresh blood and thinking, ultimately dies out in itself.

Its not narrow thinking, it is a natural process. A Pashtun family settled in Punjab would ultimately lose pashto and would adopt punjabi language and culture after few generations. Same would happen to a Punjabi family in KPK after few generations. It doesnt make any sense to tell these people with pathan ancestry to learn language of their forefathers, replace their mother tongue (punjabi, hindko, seraiki, urdu or any other langauge) with pashto and adopt pashtun culture. Forexample Niazis love their seraiki langauge, they sing in seraiki and do poetry in seraiki, its their mother tongue. They wont discard their beloved langauge for langauge which they used to speak few hundreds years ago. Same is case iwth hindko speaking pathan tribes jadoons, tareens, tanolis of hazara, they love their hindko. My neighbours are chughtais, would i be sound normal if i advise him to learn and adopt langauge and culture of his turkic chaughtai ancestors of central asia?
Ethnic and cultural identites are continously evolving, same is case with Pashtuns. You on the other hand want it to be rigid, limiting it to blood lines, which are not significant as we are not horses, we are homo sapiens...The things which needs to be preserved are heritage, culture, traditions and language.

Its not narrow thinking, it is a natural process. A Pashtun family settled in Punjab would ultimately lose pashto and would adopt punjabi language and culture after few generations. Same would happen to a Punjabi family in KPK after few generations. It doesnt make any sense to tell these people with pathan ancestry to learn language of their forefathers, replace their mother tongue (punjabi, hindko, seraiki, urdu or any other langauge) with pashto and adopt pashtun culture. Forexample Niazis love their seraiki langauge, they sing in seraiki and do poetry in seraiki, its their mother tongue. They wont discard their beloved langauge for langauge which they used to speak few hundreds years ago. Same is case iwth hindko speaking pathan tribes jadoons, tareens, tanolis of hazara, they love their hindko. My neighbours are chughtais, would i be sound normal if i advise him to learn and adopt langauge and culture of his turkic chaughtai ancestors of central asia?
Ethnic and cultural identites are continously evolving, same is case with Pashtuns. You on the other hand want it to be rigid, limiting it to blood lines, which are not significant as we are not horses, we are homo sapiens...The things which needs to be preserved are heritage, culture, traditions and language.

Oyee jiii Khan Sahib ! On one hand you're talking about the need to preserve 'heritage, culture, language etc.' & yet on the other you're saying that 'ethnic & cultural identities' are forever evolving ! Khanum :-)smitten:), zabaan, culture, heritage - logoon seh hoteiii hain ! You tell me honestly who were the Pukhtoons only 2-3000 years ago ? Certainly not the Pashtuns ot today...they were 'a race' born out of another race & Pashto was a language born out of 'another language or a bunch of languages' - Hence one of the reasons I find 'ethno-linguistic nationalism' as being ludicrous because there wasn't a Pathan 4000 years ago & there won't be a Punjabi 4000 years hence forth !

Oyee jiii Khan Sahib ! On one hand you're talking about the need to preserve 'heritage, culture, language etc.' & yet on the other you're saying that 'ethnic & cultural identities' are forever evolving ! Khanum :-)smitten:), zabaan, culture, heritage - logoon seh hoteiii hain ! You tell me honestly who were the Pukhtoons only 2-3000 years ago ? Certainly not the Pashtuns ot today...they were 'a race' born out of another race & Pashto was a language born out of 'another language or a bunch of languages' - Hence one of the reasons I find 'ethno-linguistic nationalism' as being ludicrous because there wasn't a Pathan 4000 years ago & there won't be a Punjabi 4000 years hence forth !

They are slowly and naturally evolving, you ruin it when you abruptly modify/alter it. a good example would be state-sponsored russification of central asian muslim turks...

No you get me wrong. What I am saying is that the Pathan must be an all inclusive race and not only Pushto speaking one. The blood line should also be inclusive. It is you who are limiting it to language only restricted geneticism. All I am saying is that this homo sapiens reality should not be tongue tied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom