What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you are suggesting would make it seem like India gave up sir, what you mentioned of Pakistani politics applies on this issue to Indian politics too- it would be political suicide. Well this is our blessed sub-continent. Like I told ZYXW, in this region of the world- you have to own your flag- coz we are the two nations who seize our destinies rather than wait for them- for better or for worse.

Well Pakistan should throw in some incentives, like unadulterated access to CA, unadulterated access to Kashmir for all Kashmiris, and shutdown of all groups let, ssp, etc. Pass a law which prevents any party from advocating violence in another nation, they don't even have to mention India just generalize it and the mullah will have nothing to complain about since India was never mentioned. Boost trades from all borders and India should also be given an opportunity to invest in gwadar, if it means China not getting a naval base in exchange for the little valley plus trade profits through the route it would sweeten the deal. Plus neither side declare victory and you got the total end of conflict. If you want to do one last exchange of populations throw that in there and live in peace.

ok people its 2am here and I have to be in office at around 10 am tomorrow...Night night!!

good night @Alpha1

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dillinger @hinduguy

Are you aware that Pakistani Govt has often displayed a stance that they are in favor of an independent Kashmir ? What do you guys think of it ?
We discussed it so many times earlier, I am very hostile to any such idea. Not out of ideology or morality but purely based on self preservation.(yes, I am a bit selfish)
I think kashmir is really important for India, and a for brining nearly 500 million people out of poverty we need stability in south asia.
India provides that anchor currently.

I have been to valey, they are nice people, all they wanted was to sell carpet to me, which is much nobler objective than killing me... I have nothing against them and hope they see a better tomorrow and all their wishes are fulfilled.
I also did not like security presence even a bit(imagine them living for 10 years, horrible). We should start with demiliterization and less security presence (less visible J&K police too).

Thats why I said I liked it ! :tup:

As far as I understand that Mushy's Plan was :

(a) phased withdrawal

(b) granting self-governance to the State of Jammu & Kashmir (IOK+AJK) with Indian & Pakistani representatives.

(c) making the borders irrelevant but not erased

(d) this would be revisited then at a later date

That's the thing yaara- this issue brings out super human fortitude in the awaam on both sides. Do you honestly see either side letting go of the territory itself. Land will never change hands- that much we've ensured over the last 65 years much to snickering of every foreign power known to the lord. But will officially holding a territory and showing it on our maps- or certain people having to apply for our respective visas really kill he other side if the people are at peace, resources are shared equitably and in a mutually agreed manner, prosperity is enhanced by free trade. Dunno yaar, if you can convince one single VHP fellow for this I'll try and parley with Haffiz Saeed himself.

What you are suggesting would make it seem like India gave up sir, what you mentioned of Pakistani politics applies on this issue to Indian politics too- it would be political suicide. Well this is our blessed sub-continent. Like I told ZYXW, in this region of the world- you have to own your flag- coz we are the two nations who seize our destinies rather than wait for them- for better or for worse.

maybe Rahul can help :omghaha:

Don't get mad guys, I am joking guys haha!! I know his views on this! LOLOL

@Dillinger tommorow il tell something abt hafiz saeed

Well Pakistan should throw in some incentives, like unadulterated access to CA, unadulterated access to Kashmir for all Kashmiris, and shutdown of all groups let, ssp, etc. Pass a law which prevents any party from advocating violence in another nation, they don't even have to mention India just generalize it and the mullah will have nothing to complain about since India was never mentioned. Boost trades from all borders and India should also be given an opportunity to invest in gwadar, if it means China not getting a naval base in exchange for the little valley plus trade profits through the route it would sweeten the deal. Plus neither side declare victory and you got the total end of conflict. If you want to do one last exchange of populations throw that in there and live in peace.

That's the thing sir, it all comes down to territory changing hands- which is a strict no no for both sides. At the end of the day even the people with the most extremist positions know that the bone of contention will be the valley. Honestly, on that specific point I can't even begin to try and form an opinion. I agree on the clause of discretion though- no declaration of victory by either side- not even a darned mutual declaration of victory- too many fools who'll nitpick. If it was just you and me- I'd trade you part of the valley for a life long supply of sajji from the baloch people and a chance to talk to Hoodbhoy. But its not just you and me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom