What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Pakistan should throw in some incentives, like unadulterated access to CA, unadulterated access to Kashmir for all Kashmiris, and shutdown of all groups let, ssp, etc. Pass a law which prevents any party from advocating violence in another nation, they don't even have to mention India just generalize it and the mullah will have nothing to complain about since India was never mentioned. Boost trades from all borders and India should also be given an opportunity to invest in gwadar, if it means China not getting a naval base in exchange for the little valley plus trade profits through the route it would sweeten the deal. Plus neither side declare victory and you got the total end of conflict. If you want to do one last exchange of populations throw that in there and live in peace.

I hope you stick with these views as you go up in US politics:) lol

We discussed it so many times earlier, I am very hostile to any such idea. Not out of ideology or morality but purely based on self preservation.
I think kashmir is really important for India, and a for brining nearly 500 people out of poverty we need stability in south asia.
India provides that anchor currently.

I have been to valey, they are nice people, all they wanted was to sell carpet to me, which is much nobler objective than killing me... I have nothing against them and hope they see a better tomorrow and all their wishes are fulfilled.
I also did not like security presence even a bit(imagine them living for 10 years, horrible). We should start with demiliterization and less security presence (less visible J&K police too).

See , the super human fortitude here @Dillinger is referring to ... :D Self-preservation , that is at the moment ! Well , important in what sense , I mean the current part you administer ? Stability in South Asia is tied to the solution of Kashmir problem , how long would you take to realize it ?

Course they are nice ! Why would they want to kill a tourist ? They are hostile against the troops and the security personnel stationed there and they aren't fond of Indian rule ( talking of the valley - I do not know much about the people in Jammu-Ladakh haven't studied the situation there yet ) , that is why the protest/demonstration happen ! ...

Well we can start with demilitarization , that is Musharraf's idea on which he was very close to implementing with his Indian counterparts but negotiations came to a roadblock - the political instability in Pakistan ...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the thing sir, it all comes down to territory changing hands- which is a strict no no for both sides. At the end of the day even the people with the most extremist positions know that the bone of contention will be the valley. Honestly, on that specific point I can't even begin to try and form an opinion. I agree on the clause of discretion though- no declaration of victory by either side- not even a darned mutual declaration of victory- too many fools who'll nitpick. If it was just you and me- I'd trade you part of the valley for a life long supply of sajji from the baloch people and a chance to talk to Hoodbhoy. But its not just you and me.

So then there is not much that can be done.

I hope you stick with these views as you go up in US politics:) lol

Yeah but these are perhaps naive views of mine but I honestly believe this is the only option for real peace. However it is more likely that both states kill each other than what I have just described happening. :fie:

Why do you think we're stuck- neither side can let go. Its like a death struggle- India's got the casket of gold and Pakistan has got India's waist in a hold- its a story of ours- neither of the pehelwans can win this one. But I guess we can always go to war- IF WE fellows win I get the sajji, IF YOU guys win one of you gives me the sajji.

I get the impression ZYXW is Indian.

She seems well versed in Indian politics, and I don't believe she knows anything in regards to Pakistani politics.

Yeah but these are perhaps naive views of mine but I honestly believe this is the only option for real peace. However it is more likely that both states kill each other than what I have just described happening. :fie:

nope see now i don't think this is naive. i agree though very unlikely!

Why do you think we're stuck- neither side can let go. Its like a death struggle- India's got the casket of gold and Pakistan has got India's waist in a hold- its a story of ours- neither of the pehelwans can win this one. But I guess we can always go to war- IF WE fellows win I get the sajji, IF YOU guys win one of you gives me the sajji.

If they go to war, India will eventually over power Pak army and all of Kashmir will be on the verge of loss. The nukes will have to fly and everyone knows it. Nobody wins and all is lost. You don't get that sajji after all. :undecided:

That's the thing yaara- this issue brings out super human fortitude in the awaam on both sides. Do you honestly see either side letting go of the territory itself. Land will never change hands- that much we've ensured over the last 65 years much to snickering of every foreign power known to the lord. But will officially holding a territory and showing it on our maps- or certain people having to apply for our respective visas really kill he other side if the people are at peace, resources are shared equitably and in a mutually agreed manner, prosperity is enhanced by free trade. Dunno yaar, if you can convince one single VHP fellow for this I'll try and parley with Haffiz Saeed himself.

This was, allegedly, already a done deal so we can pick up from where we left once this Government is out !

I get the impression ZYXW is Indian.

She seems well versed in Indian politics, and I don't believe she knows anything in regards to Pakistani politics.

sweetheart ask your question?
You went to NYU, you should know that here in college you learn about every country, not just one:)

If they go to war, India will eventually over power Pak army and all of Kashmir will be on the verge of loss. The nukes will have to fly and everyone knows it.

Do you know what sajji is- its roast goat. If that happens then I'll be the sajji.

About my proposal though, would it be something you would accept?? Or you think it is a bad proposal regardless of the political situation in both countries?

Do you know what sajji is- its roast goat. If that happens then I'll be the sajji.

Nah I did not know, I figured it had to be something good. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom