What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am a village boy yaar!! Yea we have a well.. Its kinda better na having a bath from the water from well than a tap water ;)

I in Pakistan live in village surrounded by greenery and trees all around but we don't have a well, we have tubewells they pump water like hell fast and cold water even in hot day afternoon!

sounds funny :D

Another thing I found funny:

Ohh I thought you find it weird to have well in Firangi Mahal..

Okayy!! How many of you guys believe in this Qadri uncle?

I in Pakistan live in village surrounded by greenery and trees all around but we don't have a well, we have tubewells they pump water like hell fast and cold water even in hot day afternoon!

Here, greenary is there and every house have their own wells.. But the situation here is worsening.. Rivers are dried up and there is some acute shortage of water now a days..

Ohh I thought you find it weird to have well in Firangi Mahal..
Oooo..is that a place?

Okayy!! How many of you guys believe in this Qadri uncle?

Leave Qadri to other threads! I have read only about the march...rising of prices and load shedding! My beautiful Pakistan...Ghadhoun kay haath lag giyea!

Was that a joke?

No... we are originally Ansaris from one side... from there. Its an ancestral place named after a gora who once lived there. It was a huge piece of land once gifted by governor of Lucknow who served under Emperor Aurungzeb to an ancestor. Thats how we ended up in Lucknow and the nearby areas.

42270302_38effeb6d6.jpg

Ours looked very much like this, no wierdo hindi markings on nearby walls around though because it was within our area. Basically all the houses we have in Karachi are like really new and shiny... a friend sent me pictures when he was inviting me to come to his ancestral house in Bannu for chillin'. Was very much like the one in Lucknow we had. All open, khula khula sa. A little old with chipped paint and stuff. But a nice place carrying years and years of heritage and giving that story of an entire life from childhood to old age vibe... and the best thing was it had a courtyard right in the middle just like the one we had in Lucknow and there was a charpai there.

Now one of the best things is lying on a Charpai and looking at the stars above... makes you feel so tiny in this big big world... I had an ahem ahem... friend... said it was quite peaceful. I did find it peaceful but at the same time believed there was just something depressing about it at the same time. Still loved being under the stars.

Btw those takhats and charpais fast disappearing. You have one at home Rafay?

If you feel any comfort, India also have these two issues:D

Hahahahah....No comfort just annoyance!

No... we are originally Ansaris from one side... from there. Its an ancestral place named after a gora who once lived there. It was a huge piece of land once gifted by governor of Lucknow who served under Emperor Aurungzeb to an ancestor. Thats how we ended up in Lucknow and the nearby areas.

But your flag is Pak?

We had a pump in 1 of our 2nd cousin's home back in the early 90s! Man it takes some strength!!!

We have charpais too...Both at my mom's place and my dad's....used to sleep on the chath in garmian! Only spent 1 June in Pak and I was really really annoyed with the heat!!

But your flag is Pak?

:what: How can I be Indian? I thought you said you moved from there too, you don't know families moved from there? :D

Our parents moved from our ancestral regions a little late and I kept going back there so I maintained a link with the Ansari clan. I am 100% Pakistani. We call Lucknow and Firangi mahal Chota Pakistan because it is the ancestral place where Muslim League meetings and debates were held. Hasrat Mohani lived and died there unfortunately before he had the chance to move to newly born Pakistan. Not everyone back there likes us calling it chota Pakistan. :P

We live in Karachi, all Pakistani citizens now. You won't understand. :D
Those links to ancestral places are always a cause of a lot of confusion for us. Its basically one of the reasons the word muhajir our families maintained because we still had a link to family members back there. It was wrong and short-sighted and as we see now resulted in issues in our home Pakistan. Perhaps its the cause of my identity crisis-or its that the term stuck. I hope to merge as a Pashtun now and call myself Pashtun.

We had a pump in 1 of our 2nd cousin's home back in the early 90s! Man it takes some strength!!!

We have charpais too...Both at my mom's place and my dad's....used to sleep on the chath in garmian! Only spent 1 June in Pak and I was really really annoyed with the heat!!

Yeah, it takes getting used to... but I was a moron. In Dubai I shut off AC completely. I bought this tiny pathetic little electric fan and resolved to live with it. Now never feel hot or cold. Cold is cauz of Canada... hot cauz of Dubai and avoiding AC's. Whats your ancestral place? You lived in Karachi?

@Talon
I went to the Uk once! I was equaly annoyed by the cold there!

Don't worry even the locals are! :P

:what: How can I be Indian? I thought you said you moved from there too, you don't know families moved from there? :D

Our parents moved from our ancestral regions a little late and I kept going back there so I maintained a link with the Ansari clan. I am 100% Pakistani. We call Lucknow and Firangi mahal Chota Pakistan because it is the ancestral place where Muslim League meetings and debates were held. Hasrat Mohani lived and died there unfortunately before he had the chance to move to newly born Pakistan. Not everyone back there likes us calling it chota Pakistan. :P

We live in Karachi, all Pakistani citizens now. You won't understand. :D
Those links to ancestral places are always a cause of a lot of confusion for us. Its basically one of the reasons the word muhajir our families maintained because we still had a link to family members back there. It was wrong and short-sighted and as we see now resulted in issues in our home Pakistan. Perhaps its the cause of my identity crisis-or its that the term stuck. I hope to merge as a Pashtun now and call myself Pashtun.

Yeah, it takes getting used to... but I was a moron. In Dubai I shut off AC completely. I bought this tiny pathetic little electric fan and resolved to live with it. Now never feel hot or cold. Cold is cauz of Canada... hot cauz of Dubai and avoiding AC's. Whats your ancestral place? You lived in Karachi?

Yea, we came from there BUT it was my great grandparents who made the migration along with their siblings and cousins so we kinda don't have any family which my generation would know of!...My parents were born in Pakistan and hence, am 2nd generation Pakistani :P

Yea, I was born in Karachi coz dad had a job there and mom lived there after marriage for a while and we (my siblings and I) were born :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, you from Luckhnow? Are you a Zaidi? The ex-Nawab's family are very close friends of my parents. I am also on very good speaking terms with the ones who are in the US. If you are from that family, then I'm sure I know you! :D

Last I knew, they had very limited family members in Karachi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom