What's new

Myths about the Urdu language

Rekhta is the pure form of Urdu, and current form of Urdu is far from it.

Urdu is an Indian language...

Oh my God !! Pakistanis are speaking an Indian language...

Ouch !!! I said too much !!!

Why do you call yourselves "Indians" when the Indus River isn't over there?

You should call yourselves gangian ram-dravidians

Bengali language is beautiful to you more than any other languages, not because it is really more melodious than French or more advanced than German or English, but because it is your very own, it is your pride and your identity, and these reasons count more than any thing else. If your intellectuals like Rabindranath Tagore had chosen to pen down his thoughts in any other language then Bengali, just as their intellectuals like Iqbal did, then your language would not be enjoying the same status in your own eyes. It is a matter of pride and identity and unfortunately not all people have been bestowed upon these qualities by mother nature.

At the same time though, we can certainly objectively state that some languages are more melodious than others. Telugu for example sounds amazing.

The Hindu-stanis have their panties tangled up again.

Guys just look at the alphabets, they are the same as Arabic.
Anyone who knows Urdu will understand a reasonable amount of Persian because a lot of the words are the same.
Like i said before Urdu and Persian are to Arabic what English and french are to Latin.

Now as for Urdu being from North India NO !
Urdu has more to do from Hyderabad Deccan because that was the area most highly influenced by Foreigners.

Languages of the courts were Persian and Arabic because the masters were not bothered by local languages.

The local Hindu-stani languages had to adapt to accommodate the language of the Masters and comply with Master's courts.

urdu also has some sanskrit origin words in it as i pointed out earlier....script used to write urdu is perso-arabic but that does not mean that urdu has nothing to do with india...

eg:

Barkha (rain): Varsha
Praa (brother): Bratha
Suraj (sun): Surya
Chand (moon): Chandrama
Haath (hand): Hasth
Kaam (work): karm
Kauwa(crow): kaaga
jeeb (tongue): jeeviya
Raat (night): Raatri
Din (day): Dinak
Aik (one): aikam
Do (two): Dwi
Teen (3): Tre
Char, 4: Chatur
Paanch,5 : Pancham
Chhe,6: Shash
Saat,7: Sapta
Aaath,8: Ashtam
Nau,9: Navam
Das,10: Dasham
Gaay (cow): Gau
Log (People): Lok'a
Dood (milk): Dugdha
Bahen (sister): Baghini
Nayaa (new): Naveen
Patta (leaf): Patra
Kaan (ear): Karn
Naakh (Nose): Naasika
Baazu (arm): Bujha/Baahu
Daud (run): Druta
Kandha (Shoulder): Skhandha
Gardhan (Neck): Kandhara
Ungli (finger): Anguli
Som (Monday): Somavar
Mangal (Tuesday): Mangalvar
Budh (Wednesday): Budhvar
Khaana (to eat): Khaadati (Khaad)
Tyarna (to swim): Tarati
Peena (to drink): Pibati
Panchi (bird): Pakshi
-------
and many many more...in sanskrit and marahi,hindi we write these words in devnagari....

urdu also has some sanskrit origin words in it as i pointed out earlier....script used to write urdu is perso-arabic but that does not mean that urdu has nothing to do with india...

eg:

Barkha (rain): Varsha
Praa (brother): Bratha
Suraj (sun): Surya
Chand (moon): Chandrama
Haath (hand): Hasth
Kaam (work): karm
Kauwa(crow): kaaga
jeeb (tongue): jeeviya
Raat (night): Raatri
Din (day): Dinak
Aik (one): aikam
Do (two): Dwi
Teen (3): Tre
Char, 4: Chatur
Paanch,5 : Pancham
Chhe,6: Shash
Saat,7: Sapta
Aaath,8: Ashtam
Nau,9: Navam
Das,10: Dasham
Gaay (cow): Gau
Log (People): Lok'a
Dood (milk): Dugdha
Bahen (sister): Baghini
Nayaa (new): Naveen
Patta (leaf): Patra
Kaan (ear): Karn
Naakh (Nose): Naasika
Baazu (arm): Bujha/Baahu
Daud (run): Druta
Kandha (Shoulder): Skhandha
Gardhan (Neck): Kandhara
Ungli (finger): Anguli
Som (Monday): Somavar
Mangal (Tuesday): Mangalvar
Budh (Wednesday): Budhvar
Khaana (to eat): Khaadati (Khaad)
Tyarna (to swim): Tarati
Peena (to drink): Pibati
Panchi (bird): Pakshi
-------
and many many more...in sanskrit and marahi,hindi we write these words in devnagari....

I don't think anyone can deny that Urdu's origins are from sanskrit.
It,after all, belongs to the Indian part of the Indo-European language.

I don't think anyone can deny that Urdu's origins are from sanskrit.
It,after all, belongs to the Indian part of the Indo-European language.

urdu has mixture of persian,arabic,turkic,sanskrit although persian and arabic influence is prominent...

urdu has mixture of persian,arabic,turkic,sanskrit although persian and arabic influence is prominent...
And another fact - all these languages are ancient and were developed by people long before Islam came into existence.. Urdu was just an experiment of mixing many ancient languages that happened in the lands of Ganges..

That means an ancient Arab, Persian and Bharatvarshi as developers of original languages which contributed to Urdu has more claim on the language than any one else..

As a native speaker of URDU language, I find it very sad that we Indians and Pakistanis are just looking for an excuse to put each other down. My Mughal ancesters moved from Dehli to Pakistan in 1947 and I was born in Pakistan, so I know a little bit about Urdu language. We native speakers of Urdu language refer to it as a LASHKARI language because it was refined in the Mughal court because the Mughal Army had Turkish, Arab , Persian and Hindustani soldiers. Consequently, due to the mixing of these various nationalities; Sanskrit, Arabic, Persian and Turkish influenced the local dialect and Urdu was born. Very few people know that URDU is a Turkish word which means ARMY. Even today, if you go to turkey, you will see the word ORDU written ( that is how the Turks spell it ) outside their Barracks.

As a native speaker of Urdu, it is a matter of great pride and honor for me that many in India and Pakistan express their love and devotion towards Urdu language and claim ownership of this beautiful language. In Pakistan, Urdu is our national language and their is no animosity towards Urdu by any ethnic group of Pakistan. Infact, most Urdu poets in Pakistan are from Punjab and other ethnic areas ( Faiz Ahmed Faiz, Ahmed Faraz etc ). Even the all time greats like Allama Muhammad Iqbal was from Sialkot and his fathers family was Kashmiri Brahmin).

Urdu language belongs to whoever claims love for this language and enjoys its simplicity and beauty, whether they are from India or pakistan or anywhere else. Period.

No one is saying Urdu did not originate in Hindu-stan

We are saying it originated there, but it evolved from Arabic and persian. Both of which were the languages spoken by the Masters of Hindu-stan.

Present day hindi has several Urdu / Arabic words
But it is much much closer to Indian languages than Arabic and Persian
You talk to any Hindi speaking north Indian he will easily get the most even if he has never studied Urdu anywhere
Now go to an Arab or Persian and do the same
Only alphabets are Arabic but the feel of language is Indian

most of the nouns,adjectives and adverbs in urdu are persian but the verbs,pronouns,preposition and conjunction are mostly from sanskrit.

Again Bharatis come and try to claim ours as theirs. Piss off. You cannot even understand Urdu, yet make these outrageous claims.

Indian muslims speak this !!!
And this language was developed in present india, just cos it was less talked in india, doesnt means, URDU is the intellectual property of pakistan alone !!
If urdu is the national language of pakistan, so is urdu in india !!!
Its not yours alone dude !!!

But it is much much closer to Indian languages than Arabic and Persian
You talk to any Hindi speaking north Indian he will easily get the most even if he has never studied Urdu anywhere
Now go to an Arab or Persian and do the same
Only alphabets are Arabic but the feel of language is Indian

you didn't bother to read the thread before posting !
All north Indians speak an Arabic influenced language which you called Hindi.

Back
Top Bottom