What's new

Myths about the Urdu language

Its good to see that Pakistanis believe that Urdu is a Pakistani language developed by them.

What they seem to forget ALWAYS is that there was nothing known as Pakistan as that time.
The land that you occupy at this time was dominated by Punjabi, Sindhi and Balochi Languages. Urdu did not have any presence there.

At that time, Urdu was spoken mostly around the Delhi area as mentioned by most of the Indian posters here.
Now, unless you consider Delhi to be in Pakistan, Urdu developed in Hindustan.

For proof, go check and website where Languages are categorized. To your surprise, Urdu is called Hindustani (not Pakistani).
On your face PAKISTANIS.....

No wonder when I was listening to a bollywood song on youtube which used some urdu words , a pakistani had commented that your movies are successful because you use our language urdu .:lol: Needless to say the Indians there were having a good laugh .

I found out on this forum that they are told that Urdu originates from Pakistani punjab when in reality it originates from north India somewhere in or around Uttar Pradesh .
Now facing the facts after being fed lies all through childhood becomes very difficult and this gives rise to the world famous Pakistani denial .

What utter nonsense ? Nobody in Punjab claims URDU originated in Punjab. Everybody knows Urdu originated in Dehli and spread to Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Please don't tell us where Urdu came from. I am a native speaker of Urdu language and my ancesters are Mughals from Dehli ( yes Dehli and not Delhi as some DYSLEXIC British probably misspelled it and Indians still use the wrong spelling). Urdu was the language of Mughal Army ( The word Urdu is a Turkish word which means ARMY, spelled as ORDU in Turkish ). In its present form, Urdu was a language developed in the Mughal army because of the interaction of Indians, Turks, Persians and Arabs who served in the Mughal army.

Having said this let me further educate you about Punjab's service to URDU. In the Twientieth century Punjab has served Urdu language more than any other territory of the Subcontinent. Most of the famous poets of Urdu language were Punjabis ( Muhammad Iqbal, Faiz ahmed Faiz, Ahmed Faraz etc.)

What utter nonsense ? Nobody in Punjab claims URDU originated in Punjab. Everybody knows Urdu originated in Dehli and spread to Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Please don't tell us where Urdu came from. I am a native speaker of Urdu language and my ancesters are Mughals from Dehli ( yes Dehli and not Delhi as some DYSLEXIC British probably misspelled it and Indians still use the wrong spelling). Urdu was the language of Mughal Army ( The word Urdu is a Turkish word which means ARMY, spelled as ORDU in Turkish ). In its present form, Urdu was a language developed in the Mughal army because of the interaction of Indians, Turks, Persians and Arabs who served in the Mughal army.

Having said this let me further educate you about Punjab's service to URDU. In the Twientieth century Punjab has served Urdu language more than any other territory of the Subcontinent. Most of the famous poets of Urdu language were Punjabis ( Muhammad Iqbal, Faiz ahmed Faiz, Ahmed Faraz etc.)

Bulk of the Booker Prize winners are non-British doesn't make English as our language. Urdu is the Heritage of North-India, not Punjabi. The heritage of Punjabi is Bulleh Shah and they have no claim on Mirza Ghalib.

Actually Urdu originated as the language of market place to interact with Local population of North India(Not Punjabisor Sindhis or Bengalis or Pashtun or Tamils), otherwise Mughal spoke Persian.

you didn't bother to read the thread before posting !
All north Indians speak an Arabic influenced language which you called Hindi.

What? Is that the same language developed during the barbaric Muslims rules? I thought they hated them? :what:

What they seem to forget ALWAYS is that there was nothing known as Pakistan as that time.
The land that you occupy at this time was dominated by Punjabi, Sindhi and Balochi Languages. Urdu did not have any presence there.

But was India there? O wait...Mughal Empire :rolleyes:

Have you heard of a language called Sanskrit?

The same language which first came about during the times of the Indus Valley Civilisation (modern day Pakistan)? What about it?

What? Is that the same language during the barbaric Muslims rules? I thought they hated them? :what:

Even Arabic predates Muslims/Islam.. So much for it being Muslim.. Even Quaran was written in Classical Arabic, the language of Pre-Islamic Arabia..

Bottom line - There is nothing Muslim/Islamic in Arabic, Persian, Hindi, Urdu.. Muslim could not develop a language of their own to speak in so they end up learning the languages of the lands where ever they end up.. I got no problems with that but then you should respect the fact and stop claiming languages as yours..

The same language which first came about during the times of the Indus Valley Civilisation (modern day Pakistan)? What about it?

So you are telling us that the script written below is Sanskrit. right?

images

:lol:

There is nothing Muslim/Islamic in Arabic, Persian, Hindi, Urdu.. Muslim could not develop a language of their own to speak in so they end up learning the languages of the lands where ever they end up..

Rather -- the people who spoke those languages converted to Islam and kept speaking their ancestors language. Besides, not only Urdu, but Hindi was also developed under the evil Muslims you people hate so much.

Rather -- the people who spoke those languages converted to Islam and kept speaking their ancestors language. Besides, not only Urdu, but Hindi was also developed under the evil Muslims you people hate so much.

Point is, Arabic is as much Non-Muslim as Urdu.. That's the important fact I am trying hard to pass.. Learn it and deal with it..

Point is, Arabic is as much Non-Muslim as Urdu.. That's the important fact I am trying hard to pass.. Learn it and deal with it..

No one's got a problem with that; languages are not living beings and don't have a religion. But one can't deny languages such as Urdu and Arabic are associated with Islam; with the grand majority of the speakers of those languages being Muslim.
Sanskrit, although born in modern day Pakistan is associated with Hinduism, and generally Hindi is also associated with Hinduism. Punjabi with Sikhism, even though most speakers of this last language are Muslim.

Let me add Persian to the list; the 'language of Zoroastrianism' in ancent times; today of the most important languages for Muslims, especially the Shia Muslims. And most speakers of Persian also happen to be Muslim themselves.

Its good to see that Pakistanis believe that Urdu is a Pakistani language developed by them.

At that time, Urdu was spoken mostly around the Delhi area as mentioned by most of the Indian posters here.
Now, unless you consider Delhi to be in Pakistan, Urdu developed in Hindustan.

For proof, go check and website where Languages are categorized. To your surprise, Urdu is called Hindustani (not Pakistani).
On your face PAKISTANIS.....

:lol: :rofl:

The argument of where Urdu developed and you trying to prove its hindustani is as much stupid argument as British telling Americans you dont have any language you are speaking our language......

Urdu is a wonderful language and we are proud that we chose urdu as our national language. Case closed.

Whoever developed it, Punjabi Sindhis have no claim over Urdu, your heritage is bulleh shah, not Mirza Ghalib or Amir Khusro.

Back
Top Bottom