What's new

Mythical soldiering

i think that years of dictatorship is responsible for the holy cow status of pakistani army which has resulted in nothing but being a liability for pakistan as a whole.

army is no holy cow,corrupt are there too(indian army too) but in pakistan ppl just can't believe that army can do any wrong

Yes Yes Yes...but the problem is mindset in the army, they neither admit nor learn from mistakes.. its in culture of the organization, which is inherited from the colonial mindset.

if I were to change anything, that would be the army's culture & rip off their colonial past from their memories, all else will follow..
I think Gen Kiyani tenure was best for Pak Army except OBL scene, i seriously hope best for coming generals. First the mindset that Pak Army is "Being used" by civilians should be decreased than go for your stated reasoning :pakistan:

I think Gen Kiyani tenure was best for Pak Army except OBL scene, i seriously hope best for coming generals. First the mindset that Pak Army is "Being used" by civilians should be decreased than go for your stated reasoning :pakistan:

@VCheng :lol:

The Army being "used" by civilians? Funny. Whoever pays the rent can use the Army any way they want! :D
@Leader : Yes. Gen Musharaf states in his book than army took dismissal of Gen Jahangir Karamat very seriously. So they made a contingency plan that whenever PM dismiss another COAS, they will carry coup d'etat. And it happened!! He also stated that during Kargil war PM destroyed army plan and ordered withdrawl etc.
You can get my point from the above statements.

@Leader : Yes. Gen Musharaf states in his book than army took dismissal of Gen Jahangir Karamat very seriously. So they made a contingency plan that whenever PM dismiss another COAS, they will carry coup d'etat. And it happened!! He also stated that during Kargil war PM destroyed army plan and ordered withdrawl etc.

If true, this is a clear cut evidence that must be presented in high treason case. @VCheng

The Army being "used" by civilians? Funny. Whoever pays the rent can use the Army any way they want! :D

ouch... !! yalla ya habibi ! :D

Its because they are fooled enough already... I would never fight a corporate world's war, nor of religio-fanatic's !!
You are just chicken, you would rather have your country (and home) taken over by fanatics than picking up arms to defend your home and your country..... :coffee:

if I were to change anything, that would be the army's culture & rip off their colonial past from their memories, all else will follow..
fortunately you are no one to change anything....:lol::lol::lol:

You are just chicken, you would rather have your country (and home) taken over by fanatics than picking up arms to defend your home and your country..... :coffee:

Defending your country is fine. But his point was that there is nothing noble abou going to war to satisfy corporate or religious interests.

The book does not state anything of this sort.

Its because they are fooled enough already... I would never fight a corporate world's war, nor of religio-fanatic's !!

Yaar seedha bolo aap ki phatti hai. :D

As @Xeric said every was was has a corporate and religious aspect, even the wars during Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) time. You just want everything to be perfect. No it can't be perfect. You just need to protect what you have in this imperfect world and that's why wars. Anyways you can't understand it.

Defending your country is fine. But his point was that there is nothing noble abou going to war to satisfy corporate or religious interests.

Tell that to Indian troops in IOK.

Last edited:
They are there to defend our land from the barbaric bearded hordes from the west. There are no corporate or religious interests for our troops, unlike yours.

They are there to oppress innocents and to kill kids. They are dying for corporate interest of a state like India whose occupation of that region is completely illegitimate.

The book does not state anything of this sort.

General Shahid Aziz in his book claimed, the coup d'etat was planned before musharraf went to Sri Lanka. Plane hijacking was an excuse to over throw the government

Back
Top Bottom