What's new

Myanmar-Bangladesh relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within 2 days of 'imaginary bd-myanmar war', bd has gone from 'we will run over them', to 'we will hold onto our defensive line'.
Stay tuned for latest war report.
Are you that guy who wrote 'bombing' of Burmese 'Mig29' On Coxbazar airbase???

Sorry it was banana

Are you that guy who wrote 'bombing' of Burmese 'Mig29' On Coxbazar airbase???

Sorry it was banana
I am no military expert, I am mere observer. I dont even know the comparative military strength of both sides.
Can anybody give such a stat.

Our glorious armies will march back into Chittagong, Chiang Mai, Assam and Kunming. Für der Tausendjähriges Burmese Empire!!!!!!!!!! RAH!!!!!!

image110.gif

:rofl:

Hmm... better point out this is sarcasm for the benefit of the simpler posters on here. :azn:

Our glorious armies will march back into Chittagong, Chiang Mai, Assam and Kunming. Für der Tausendjähriges Burmese Empire!!!!!!!!!! RAH!!!!!!

image110.gif

Hmm... better point out this is sarcasm for the benefit of the simpler posters on here. :azn:

You better elevate your Akyub to the level of Cox's Bazar than think of Chittagong. Chittagong will be too big to handle for Myanmar and out of Burmese league.

image110.gif

You are an epic fail. The post above me certifies that. lol .:)

Someone also needs to teach him the difference between 'alleviate' and 'elevate'. :azn:

I used to frequent bd cricket forums, before every bd India cricket match, Bangladeshis would create a victory thread in advance, where they would speculate how mortaja is baap of sachin and how India is afraid of bd so it doesn't invite bd to India for a test series.

Now I'm seeing the same trend here wrt bd Burma war.

image110.gif

Alles für Deutschland thukku Myanmar :alcoholic: ...kiddo it's not Alaungphaya era, it's 21st century and your Burma is collapsing soon from all sides. You better get a rest before trolling.

image110.gif

Well, can't win 'em all.

Alles für Deutschland thukku Myanmar :alcoholic: ...kiddo it's not Alaungphaya era, it's 21st century and your Burma is collapsing soon from all sides. You better get a rest before trolling.

Better tell the international community quick!

1.The last time it was the Burmese commander of Arakan, Gen Bandoola who had felt so cocky. In Jan 1824 he marched from Arakan with 60,000 troops with his objective of capturing Calcuatta. King Bodawphaya had instructed the Gen to deliver the Governor General to him alive so that he could torture him to death.

2. The Burmese had miscalculated thinking the English would be tired after their protracted war with the Marathas. However, the Company had in the meanwhile raised ALI ( The Arakan Light Infantry). ALI was raised as a regiment of the Bengal Presidency Army with exiled Arakanese and some Monipuris. With ALI to spearhead their advance the completely mauled Bandoola's army causing huge casualty. Bandoola was among the dead.

3. It is interesting that after loosing the First Anglo Burma War, the Burmese king had no objection in signing away Arakan to the English. Similarly after the Second War more territory was signed away. However, after loosing the Third War King Thebaw flatly refused to sign away the Burman heartland. He said he could sign away what they had usurped from others but he had no authority to sign away core Burma itself. The GG therefore had to annex Burma through a proclamation.

4. In Suu Kyi's famous book The Freedom from Fear, she accepts candidly that whenever Burmans were strong they occupied surrounding territories. Again when weakened they withdrew into core Burma.

1.The last time it was the Burmese commander of Arakan, Gen Bandoola who had felt so cocky. In Jan 1824 he marched from Arakan with 60,000 troops with his objective of capturing Calcuatta. King Bodawphaya had instructed the Gen to deliver the Governor General to him alive so that he could torture him to death.

2. The Burmese had miscalculated thinking the English would be tired after their protracted war with the Marathas. However, the Company had in the meanwhile raised ALI ( The Arakan Light Infantry). ALI was raised as a regiment of the Bengal Presidency Army with exiled Arakanese and some Monipuris. With ALI to spearhead their advance the completely mauled Bandoola's army causing huge casualty. Bandoola was among the dead.

3. It is interesting that after loosing the First Anglo Burma War, the Burmese king had no objection in signing away Arakan to the English. Similarly after the Second War more territory was signed away. However, after loosing the Third War King Thebaw flatly refused to sign away the Burman heartland. He said he could sign away what they had usurped from others but he had no authority to sign away core Burma itself. The GG therefore had to annex Burma through a proclamation.

4. In Suu Kyi's famous book The Freedom from Fear, she accepts candidly that whenever Burmans were strong they occupied surrounding territories. Again when weakened they withdrew into core Burma.

Wow. It's a good thing I'm here to point out the bullshit. Maha Bandoola was on the warpath towards Calcutta. He had surrounded Chittagong and thought that the threat of taking it would have been enough to deter the British from continuing the war. However, the British raised an army in India (Madras Rifles mainly) and with a bunch of British units made a naval attack on Yangon. Bandoola was forced to march all the way from Chittagong to Yangon where he died at the battle of Kemmedine. I don't know what the hell you're talking about with the Bengali army but I have a feeling believing things like this makes you feel better. Or atleast makes you more popular.

Wow. It's a good thing I'm here to point out the bullshit. Maha Bandoola was on the warpath towards Calcutta. He had surrounded Chittagong and thought that the threat of taking it would have been enough to deter the British from continuing the war. However, the British raised an army in India (Madras Rifles mainly) and with a bunch of British units made a naval attack on Yangon. Bandoola was forced to march all the way from Chittagong to Yangon where he died at the battle of Kemmedine. I don't know what the hell you're talking about with the Bengali army but I have a feeling believing things like this makes you feel better. Or atleast makes you more popular.

Wow! you are bullshitting yourself here. Bandoola came upto Ramu near Cox's Bazaar only to distract the British Bengal concentration from Manipur/Kachar. He did NOT surround Chittagong and he was not able to overstretch upto Calcutta. He had to fell back through a 3000 feet Yoma Mountain to resist the British Indian forces in Rangoon harbour. He was finally defeated and killed.

By a treaty Arakan was given to British Bengal Presidency sometime in 1826. So, Arakan was a part of Burma from 1786 to 1826, a mere 40 years of occupation. If the Burmese think the Rohingyas are Bangali, then note what our Founder Sk. Mujib told your leaders,' Bangladesh considers a region a part of Bangladesh where Bangalis live.'

Today or tomorrow the Rohingyas will make their country independent of Myanmar. Rohingyas are the citizens of Arakan since 1433. It is Myanmar which illegally occupying that land.

Someone also needs to teach him the difference between 'alleviate' and 'elevate'. :azn:

You do not have to be an English teacher in the PDF. People do mistakes while typing.

Your post clarifies why the Rohingya are persona non grata in Myanmar. Underneath it all, they don't just long for citizenship. They want to carve up their own piece of Arakan and turn it into a muslim caliphate. Bangladeshis would love that too because the idea of annexing any part of Arakan get's you excited. Well, as long as these people want an autonomous state, they will not be welcome and as long as they want an autonomous state, I will fully support their repatriation to Bangladesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom