What's new

Myanmar-Bangladesh relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of their language may have some similar roots to Chittagonian, but you may know better, as I think I remember seeing a post where you said that you are from Chittagong.

Yep, I am Chittagongian :D

You'd be surprised as to just how different the language is from Bengali. The same goes for Sylheti.

And yes, they speak the language, but it is a different dialect.

Moving 730,000 people or lets say close to a million people is a major operation. If the killing continues then there would not be a choice. Threatening them with military intervention might also make them take notice and stop the killing for the time being.

I am not sure if that small number of people is enough to justify military intervention. Let's just see how things go...

Why do you think presence of UN and ASEAN observers would add fuel to the fire. If anything, I would think it would protect their lives.

What if they can't keep things under control? I think it may be better to get the Myanmar military to do the job, but have UN observers.

Also, don't count on ASEAN too much. It's a rather pathetic organization as far as security matters are concerned. It is at best an economic forum, at which it is pretty good.

By the way, both Malaysia and Australia are working on the issue:
Refugee Population in Malaysia will have the freedom to get a new country | Malaysian Rohingya Refugees Sosaity (MRS)

Kudos to them. At least they are doing something unlike our pathetic government!
A $33 million United Nations joint initiative to regenerate the area where the refugees live was rejected by the Bangladesh government in April.
Stateless refugee mothers fall through the cracks in Bangladesh
Bangladesh government rejected a USD 33 million aid package Rohingya Refugees camps from the UN? | Malaysian Rohingya Refugees Sosaity (MRS)

lol...

Some of their language may have some similar roots to Chittagonian, but you may know better, as I think I remember seeing a post where you said that you are from Chittagong.

Moving 730,000 people or lets say close to a million people is a major operation. If the killing continues then there would not be a choice. Threatening them with military intervention might also make them take notice and stop the killing for the time being.

Why do you think presence of UN and ASEAN observers would add fuel to the fire. If anything, I would think it would protect their lives.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/165298-who-will-win-bd-myanmar-naval-war.html

Bangladeshi Troops and Cox Bazar Air Base would be Bombed by the Burmese Mig 29s and They may even create a Naval Blockade of Bangladesh, thus Starving the Bangladeshis along with Roghinyas.

Yep, I am Chittagongian :D

You'd be surprised as to just how different the language is from Bengali. The same goes for Sylheti.

And yes, they speak the language, but it is a different dialect.

I am not sure if that small number of people is enough to justify military intervention. Let's just see how things go...

What if they can't keep things under control? I think it may be better to get the Myanmar military to do the job, but have UN observers.

Also, don't count on ASEAN too much. It's a rather pathetic organization as far as security matters are concerned. It is at best an economic forum, at which it is pretty good.

By the way, both Malaysia and Australia are working on the issue:
Refugee Population in Malaysia will have the freedom to get a new country | Malaysian Rohingya Refugees Sosaity (MRS)

Kudos to them. At least they are doing something unlike our pathetic government!

Stateless refugee mothers fall through the cracks in Bangladesh
Bangladesh government rejected a USD 33 million aid package Rohingya Refugees camps from the UN? | Malaysian Rohingya Refugees Sosaity (MRS)

lol...

I lived in Chittagong, so I can understand it, yes both Sylheti and Chittagonian are different, as they are close to Assam and Arakan.

I think just troop movements and some fly past will be enough to scare them.

A Malaysian leader was talking about ASEAN getting involved in the third video in the OP of a thread I opened in world affairs.

Malaysia is a great brotherly nation. Please watch the video, I think they have some feeling for this persecuted people.

Thanks for the nice articles, they are informative.

This Hasina govt. is really a menace for Bangladesh.

He meant an international one. Not just a Bangladeshi one. Please, try to read before posting stupid comments.

No, I actually meant a Bangladeshi one. I would be glad if they attack us, then we will have the excuse to attack back.

He meant an international one. Not just a Bangladeshi one. Please, try to read before posting stupid comments.

Seems You got some Comprehension Problems?

Take from your own Countrymen:

No, I actually meant a Bangladeshi one. I would be glad if they attack us, then we will have the excuse to attack back.

Rohingyes is BD already are starving actually, these inhumane Bangladeshis making Rohingyes to live in prison camps.

It will be a Funny Scenario where Bangladeshis and Roghinya Muslim Brothers would be Braving up to Face BSF. :lol:

Ah...my bad. And yes, we can hold our line if they attack us. But assaulting them is a tricky one.

I personally wouldn't mind taking back Chittagong but I doubt anyone would wish to re-annex that flood plain of a country.

Within 2 days of 'imaginary bd-myanmar war', bd has gone from 'we will run over them', to 'we will hold onto our defensive line'.
Stay tuned for latest war report.

I personally wouldn't mind taking back Chittagong but I doubt anyone would wish to re-annex that flood plain of a country.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Your soldiers with few tinkers can mobilise against innocent civilians, but they don't stand a chance against a professional force such as BA.

I like your comments please keep it up. It amuses us really.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom