What's new

Muslims invented alcohol

Ahh! Found it!

Distillation, the means of separating liquids through differences in their boiling points, was invented around the year 800 by Islam's foremost scientist, Jabir ibn Hayyan, who transformed alchemy into chemistry, inventing many of the basic processes and apparatus still in use today - liquefaction, crystallisation, distillation, purification, oxidisation, evaporation and filtration. As well as discovering sulphuric and nitric acid, he invented the alembic still, giving the world intense rosewater and other perfumes and alcoholic spirits (although drinking them is haram, or forbidden, in Islam). Ibn Hayyan emphasised systematic experimentation and was the founder of modern chemistry.

I think the thread was meant to say this

Discovered the use of ' alcohol in medicine and was the first to prepare sulfuric acid

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/182788-muslims-invented-alcohol-21.html#ixzz26xOtim7P

Ar-Razi was the first person to introduce the use of alcohol (Arabic Al-Kuhl) for medical purposes. He was also an expert surgeon and was the first to use opium for anaesthesia.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/182788-muslims-invented-alcohol.html#ixzz26v8IJbcd

Not sure how the topic changed to Muslims INVENTED alcohol?! :flame:

If i'm not mistaken, Muslims used Alcohol as medicine. I think you can consider marijuana and cocaine in the same league.
I suppose when the West began colonialism and discovered resources, they misused it and made them into illegal/dangerous businesses

Please tell me you are joking right now. You honestly believe that alcohol was not invented until the 1600's by the colonists?!?

Matti pao ji!

Instigate / Comment -> -> Fall Back -> Relax... Who cares what the other thinks? More they sizzle in virtual environment, the better....

Sit on the sidelines and watch them burn their hearts out! :azn:

Want a lesson in "Trolling 101"?

Ay lo g...Matti pa di! :D

*Netwah:

O, new generation, as long as you consume super chilled beer @lunch and one glass of red wine @dinner. It's all ok. :whistle:

*Netwah = Internet Fatwah

Well if Zarvan can do it, anyone can.:toast_sign:

btw have you trolled him since? Last time was fun.:chilli:

Well if Zarvan can do it, anyone can.:toast_sign:

btw have you trolled him since? Last time was fun.:chilli:
Dude, my field of interest is Iranians, nowadays :D

Their love of all latest Iranian "inventions," and subpar comprehension is a delight! :P

Please tell me you are joking right now. You honestly believe that alcohol was not invented until the 1600's by the colonists?!?

I didn't say anything about 'invention'. You are a Jew and this is your topic at best. When you 'discover' something 'more' in demand what the heck do you think the colonists will do with it? No sh!t they will make a huge business out of it. The other day, i read that the British in the 1920s stole so many resources in Bangladesh that it created a wide spread famine...

Back
Top Bottom