What's new

MRCA conteders narrowed to Eurofighter and Rafael: IAF

I think India should go with Rafale and also buy the UAE M2K-9 and Quatari Mirages too. With over 125 upgraded Mirages and 125-200 Rafales the IAF can kick some serious a$$. Also there is a lot of platform similarity between the 2 aircraft and hence will be able to share maintenance infrastructure.

But politically this may not happen. USA wont let this deal go so easy.

I knew this question will be raised..
Bhai saab this is not my speculation..someone in other forum had this thought and i found it a probable option....
Ok, I got it. lets see what Obama does when he comes.

More On TimesNOW's Post On The MMRCA Selection

Spoke last evening to my friend and colleague on the beat Srinjoy Chowdhry about his report on Times NOW to get a better sense of what it was all about, and to clarify some of the stuff left tantalizingly unsaid. Srinjoy's sources tell him the air force has based its trial evaluation report (submitted on August 1) on the overarching and unstated directive that it needs select a "modern western combat aircraft". Read those first two words carefully, because they mean different things to different people in the air force, government and aircraft-manufacturer campaign offices. Anyway, by this frame of reference, according to Srinjoy's sources, the MiG-35 is out because it isn't western or modern -- the IAF definitely doesn't want to squander this opportunity buying more Russian hardware. The F-16 is out because it isn't a modern platform with promising developing latitude ahead of it, they say. Interestingly, the F/A-18 is a "borderline case" according to his sources, who indicated to him that the Gripen is out because it's too much like the Tejas, and buying the Gripen would be to preempt and make redundant the Tejas programme. Significantly, according to Srinjoy's report, the IAF has cleared all six fighters for the next level, but clearly indicated its preference in an order of merit. In other words, a green light for the Rafale and Eurofighter, a yellow light for the F/A-18, and big red for the Gripen, F-16 and MiG-35. Also, it is almost certain that the final order for aircraft will be closer to 200 airplanes.

LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: More On TimesNOW's Post On The MMRCA Selection

Another AROOR classic..

Trident beat me in posting..

^^ I know ...these guys are just brain farting ....and coming up with inovative ideas on how to increase hits ,how to increase TRP's, etc.

Anyways if Srinjoy is to believed -- then just a hunch...Maybe IAF leaked this...they maybe favouring european ...but i guess they know that government might go for American !!

God help us indians ! ..

WTF man i am getting tired and tired with this daily drama.

I guess they lack confidence, some are stuck in the past in a time when the Indian economy was not intertwined with world economies and sanctions on India had limited global impact. They lack confidence in the ability of Indo/Israeli lobby to protect their interest in Washington. They lack confidence in their own global stature and capability.

And many foolishly believe European offerings have no American content and are immune to sanctions :disagree:

You are absolutely right DBC...but what to do? That's our psyche....and thats not going to change anytime soon.

The alternate engine which was being proposed by GE...rest you can google..
I think US will be pacified with some nuclear deal or some other secondary defense deal. putting 1/5th of our fighter fleet at the risk of an unreliable government like US is foolish and even our babus should know that.

If they don't want to take in Russian stuff, there's always a middle choice: EF and Rafale.

I just hope that either of these two is the winner and not F/A-18 or F-16IN.

I think US will be pacified with some nuclear deal or some other secondary defense deal. putting 1/5th of our fighter fleet at the risk of an unreliable government like US is foolish and even our babus should know that.

If they don't want to take in Russian stuff, there's always a middle choice: EF and Rafale.

X2

I don't care who wins out of EFT or Rafale as long as F-xx doesn't win.

If so much of trouble then bloddy mass produce LCA...LOL

best solution of all, buy only MKIs....

I think India should go with Rafale and also buy the UAE M2K-9 and Quatari Mirages too. With over 125 upgraded Mirages and 125-200 Rafales the IAF can kick some serious a$$. Also there is a lot of platform similarity between the 2 aircraft and hence will be able to share maintenance infrastructure.

But politically this may not happen. USA wont let this deal go so easy.
i think intead of upgrading miraage2000 IAF should go for 51 additional rafale's(replacing miraage 2000)..........i mean it will put us on better bargain position.................result can be 100% TOT(we can get spectra also) and better price{may be between 65-70 million$ per aircraft(i think price of used miraage 2000 will b around 7-10 million$)}............french will b more thn happy to get this order...............

i think spending 2.1 billion$ on 51miraage 2000 is total waste of money

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom