What's new

More Saudi Arabians pursue studies in US

Which large parts? Your map (which is far from being accurate I just proved it) is the EXACT same like in all the other ME region.

LOL. He has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia. He looks like your ordinary South Asian. He would be called an Indian or Pakistani (wait that's exactly what he is) in KSA and the entire Arab world and ME. Don't fool yourself, please.

That's utter nonsense once again. Turks and Kurds are significantly darker on average than your average Spaniard, Portuguese and Italian. Saying anything else cannot even be taken serious.

Those people are Africans. Black. Of course you don't know this.

I am not dark-skinned my South Asian inferiority ridden friend.

He is right (even though nobody likes him)...the only Arabs who are lighter are from the countries on the Mediterranean Sea.. And as far as skin is concerned nobody cares but unless this shit is serious .. One can just visit the Saudi n Pak military multimedia threads .. Unless Saudi army comprises of only Afro Arabs or beduins .. Turks are the lightest ppl in the M.E..

All in all we are all brown by western standards..:)

Aaah racism at its finest, "educated debate".
Brown ppl fighting over skin color..:lol:

He is right (even though nobody likes him)...the only Arabs who are lighter are from the countries on the Mediterranean Sea.. And as far as skin is concerned nobody cares but unless this shit is serious .. One can just visit the Saudi n Pak military multimedia threads .. Unless Saudi army comprises of only Afro Arabs or beduins .. Turks are the lightest ppl in the M.E..

All in all we are all brown by western standards..:)

Brown ppl fighting over skin color..:lol:

Mate, there is no way than the average Pakistani is lighter than the average Saudi Arabian of Arab descent. They are similar. In any case both are Caucasian people. Arabs and Saudi Arabians of Arab descent (Afro-Arabs excluded and migrants) are mostly olive skinned and Mediterranean while a minority are outright pale that color-wise could easily pass as your average redneck in some cases.

They can never be considered "dark". Dark people are Black people, Dravidians, Papuans, Aboriginals etc.

Anyway Arabs and people from the ME always praised their own skin tone as it was neither pale nor too dark. Foreigners did the same too as historical descriptions show. From Chinese to Romans. There is no reason for ME people to have any inferiority complexes on that front. I believe the same is the case for Pakistanis.

Yet as you say none of them are considered "white" as in European which there is no reason for either and this would be strange too.

Actually there is no major difference between any Arab groups.;)

P.S: I did not start that discussion. That troll did and even his compatriots took my side as he was clearly bullshitting.
P.P.S: We are quite off-topic but that troll is to thank for that.

Mate, there is no way than the average Pakistani is lighter than the average Saudi Arabian of Arab descent. They are similar. In any case both are Caucasian people. Arabs and Saudi Arabians of Arab descent (Afro-Arabs excluded and migrants) are mostly olive skinned and Mediterranean while a minority are outright pale that color-wise could easily pass as your average redneck in some cases.

They can never be considered "dark". Dark people are Black people, Dravidians, Papuans, Aboriginal.

Anyway Arabs and people from the ME always praised their own skin tone as it was neither pale nor too dark. There is no reason for ME people to have any inferiority complexes on that front.

Yet as you say none of them are considered "white" as in European which there is no reason for either and this would be strange too.

Actually there is no major difference between any Arab groups.;)
Offcourse all of us are brown and not black ..but no doubt the ppl of med countries are good looking.. But I you think tht an average Saudi is lighter than an average Pakistani than what can I say .. Unless that Pakistani isn't a Christian or a labourer working under 45c .. Or just dark .. I doubt you are right.. Anyways who fukin cares.. Brown is beautiful lol..(not as in indian brown.. Thts a whole new shade of brown).

Offcourse all of us are brown and not black ..but no doubt the ppl of med countries are good looking.. But I you think tht an average Saudi is lighter than an average Pakistani than what can I say .. Unless that Pakistani isn't a Christian or a labourer working under 45c .. Or just dark .. I doubt you are right.. Anyways who fukin cares.. Brown is beautiful lol..(not as in indian brown.. Thts a whole new shade of brown).

Damn, brutal.

Offcourse all of us are brown and not black .. But I you think tht an average Saudi is lighter than an average Pakistani than what can I say .. Unless that Pakistani isn't a Christian or a labourer working under 45c .. Or just dark .. I doubt you are right.. Anyways who fukin cares.. Brown is beautiful lol..(not as in indian brown.. Thts a whole new shade of brown).

It depends on the region of KSA as the country is huge and the ethnic origin and whether people are mixed. Overall they are similar. Some are lighter and some are darker. The point is that the vast majority have olive skin (what some call brown - itself a diverse description as there are different shades too and some of it is just due to exposure in the sun) or a Mediterranean complexion as especially non-mixed natives of Northern KSA and some regions of Hijaz have.

I just countered all his nonsense and some of his lies and his compatriots also took my side and called his nonsense out.

People from the ME look Middle Eastern and most have absolutely no problem with that nor should they. Their skin color is attractive by most standards.

But when people talk nonsense from their *** you have to call them out. That's all.

As I said I consider olive skinned/brown people very attractive be it Latin Americans or some Mulattos. To that troll they are "dark" apparently so let him call those people and us Middle Easterners for "dark" if that makes his life better.

Damn, brutal.
Thts true unless you are a punjabi or a Kashmiri you are lighter .. If you are from other North Indian states you are "tht" shade.. If you are from South .. Well you are black or a shade of it..

Thts true unless you are a punjabi or a Kashmiri you are lighter .. If you are from other North Indian states you are "tht" shade.. If you are from South .. Well you are black or a shade of it..

Yeah somewhat true, my mallu friends are well a bit dark. Delhi and Northern India friends are lighter. More or less close to us.

I'll humor you the Northerners dislike southerners with a passion and vice versa. Dont really know why but it is what it is.

Anyway let us get back to the topic. Will start by posting fellow dark Africans of mine.:lol:

12,500 Saudi Arabians graduate in United States

18zpe1.jpg

JEDDAH: P.K. ABDUL GHAFOUR

Published — Tuesday 27 May 2014

Last update 28 May 2014 1:08 pm

A total of 12,500 Saudi students who graduated from American universities this year were honored during a special convocation ceremony organized by the Saudi cultural attaché in Washington on Sunday. The graduates included 5,669 women and 124 medical fellowship holders.
Higher Education Minister Khaled Al-Anqari, who attended the ceremony, said the King Abdullah Foreign Education Scholarship Program was a big success in enabling Saudis to gain higher education at reputable international universities in the US and other countries.
“We are now reaping the fruit of this program,” the minister said while praising Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah’s long-term vision.
During the past nine years, the number of scholarship students grew from 5,000 to 151,228, with their dependents reaching 81,617 persons.
Saudi women accounted for 27.94 percent of the total scholarship students in foreign countries, Al-Anqari said. “This program will bring about an educational and cultural renaissance in the Kingdom,” he added.
Among the graduates, 5,117 received bachelor degrees and 5,062 master’s degrees.
“We have not only seen an increase in the number of graduates every year, but also an improvement in the quality of education they receive,” the minister pointed out.
Mohammed Al-Eissa, Saudi cultural attaché in Washington, said the graduates included 80 doctors and 600 dentists, while 92 received doctorate degrees and 30 others master degrees. Among the female graduates, 275 have received doctorate degrees and 2,345 master’s degrees, he said.
Dr. Abdul Aziz Al-Sherif of King Abdulaziz University was all praise for King Abdullah for introducing the scholarship program, saying it would have a significant impact on the Kingdom’s future.
Speaking with Arab News, he said foreign education would bring about considerable change in the attitude of Saudis and their lifestyle and help them learn conducive skills practiced in advanced countries and how to engage in good planning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's very beautiful and encouraging to see deaf Saudi Arabian (last video) and other students excelling. Disabled students succeeding in general. Very motivating and pleasing.

Overall great news.
@Arabian Legend @JUBA @Yzd Khalifa @Bubblegum Crisis @Full Moon @Hadbani @Awadd etc.

Is thread pe, kya padne aaya aur kya pad ke jaa raha hoon. Ab koi saudi photo doonde :P

@al-Hasani can you please post photos of beautiful Saudi women on this thread. I think all of us tharkis can be judge of beauties :P @Mercenary you please post beautiful syrian and lebanese women.

What say @Armstrong @waz ? If the photos are nice we can call more tharkis to this thread.

It depends on the region of KSA as the country is huge and the ethnic origin and whether people are mixed. Overall they are similar. Some are lighter and some are darker. The point is that the vast majority have olive skin (what some call brown - itself a diverse description as there are different shades too and some of it is just due to exposure in the sun) or a Mediterranean complexion as especially non-mixed natives of Northern KSA and some regions of Hijaz have.

I just countered all his nonsense and some of his lies and his compatriots also took my side and called his nonsense out.

People from the ME look Middle Eastern and most have absolutely no problem with that nor should they. Their skin color is attractive by most standards.

But when people talk nonsense from their *** you have to call them out. That's all.

As I said I consider olive skinned/brown people very attractive be it Latin Americans or some Mulattos. To that troll they are "dark" apparently.

Bro do you think our country isn't diverse ? Fk we have over 185 million ppl .. With 5 provinces or administrative units...the darker (I'll bite my tongue) are Karachis urduspeakers(as in North Indian brown) the low caste Christian converts(they look like a little lighter Dravidians).. And Hindus of Sindh who work for feuds..
The lightest ppl are from KPK,Gilgit baltistan,Baluchistan,Kashmir n upper Punjab.. Central punjabis are kinda mixed .. But again it also depends on the weather .. When you get a 49/50 degree sun is burning your flesh .. The women are much lighter even in those areas coz they stay at home... In the end only ski color doesn't make you beautiful.. But screw tht.. The thread is abt Saudis on scholarship .. Not a friggin beauty contest.

More fellow dark ordinary Africans graduating in the US:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the great pleasure to photograph a graduation celebration for Saudi Arabian nationals. They participated in the nation’s American foreign study program, earning advanced degrees with the idea being they take their skills and knowledge back to their homeland to become the next generation of Saudi Arabia’s leaders. I lived in Bahrain- Saudi Arabia’s island neighbor- for two years in the mid-90s, and this assignment made me nearly swoon with flashback after flashback. I decided I really needed to get back to the Middle East, ASAP. Read the article here.

The ceremony was hosted in a gigantic room at a gigantic hotel at National Harbor. I must have walked 5 miles over the course of the assignment. Indoors.

There were very few thobes to be seen. Besides graduation garb, it was mostly western business attire. This one kid was a great standout though.

Friends and family.

There were a handful of women who covered their faces and one or two who wore no scarf at all and let their hair fly free, but most chose the middle ground with a rainbow sea of brightly colored headscarves.

This married couple (above and below images) was quite interesting. They both went to St. Mary’s College where the wife received her M.S. in engineering and the husband got his M.P.A. Their daughter was a little dynamo.

This scene was staged for a Saudi news station (that’s the anchor in center left, looking up and smiling) but it worked nicely for me. Just have to make sure the caption is clear about the setup. Yay ethics.

There was a job fair going on downstairs which many graduates attended. In America, the women are more at liberty to mix and mingle with men, but these signs served as a reminder of the strict traditional ways back home.

Is thread pe, kya padne aaya aur kya pad ke jaa raha hoon. Ab koi saudi photo doonde :P

@al-Hasani can you please post photos of beautiful Saudi women on this thread. I think all of us tharkis can be judge of beauties :P @Mercenary you please post beautiful syrian and lebanese women.

What say @Armstrong @waz ? If the photos are nice we can call more tharkis to this thread.
Yeah somewhat true, my mallu friends are well a bit dark. Delhi and Northern India friends are lighter. More or less close to us.

I'll humor you the Northerners dislike southerners with a passion and vice versa. Dont really know why but it is what it is.

You are a Urdu speaker right ?

Bro, stop trying to humour the Pakistanis. We know that part from Baloch and Pashtuns, none look anything close to Arab. I'm of Nepali descent. Please compare the Nepal and Pakistan cricket team and tell me how many Pakistanis can pass in Arabia?
View attachment 40184 View attachment 40185
ab tu kyun yahan ghus raha hain be? Saudi aur Pakistani jagad rahey hain. Tamasha dekh na :P Aur photo post karne bol

You are a Urdu speaker right ?

Are you asking me, kind sir?

Back
Top Bottom