What's new

More Innocent Child Victims

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
New Delhi: If you think, Falak and Afreen were the rare glaring examples of the cruelty meted out to baby girls in India, think again! Shamefully, a spate of such spine chilling incidents seems to be routine affair now. Here are two more incidents that highlight how the crimes against new-born baby girls are increasing every day.

Haryana: Father beats daughter to death

In a shocking case of parental brutality, a 30-year-old man allegedly tried to kill his three minor daughters by hanging them from a ceiling fan and later thrashing them with a stick, leading to the death of one, following a quarrel with his wife in Haryana's Jhajjar district.

While Jiya (4) succumbed to her injuries, the condition of her sisters Payal (7) and Varsha (3) is stated to be critical at PGIMS, Rohtak.

Mukesh, a resident of Bahu village, had a quarrel with his wife Suman over a domestic issue last evening following which he first started beating his daughters. He then tied them together with a piece of cloth from the neck and hanged them with a ceiling fan, police said on Tuesday.

Having failed to kill them, he began thrashing them again with bamboo sticks, police said, adding, hearing their cries Mukesh's father Om Prakash rushed to the spot and took the injured girls to a civil hospital.

Mukesh was arrested Tuesday morning, Somveer, Salhavaas Police SHO, said, adding, statements of Suman, Om Prakash and some others are being recorded.

Punjab: Husband kills wife in want of baby boy

In another incident which reflects the apathy for bearing a girl child, a labourer from Punjab killed his wife after she gave birth to a girl.

Nishan Singh fled after killing his wife Paramjit Kaur. The couple hails from Bhucchar Kallan village in Tarn Taran district of west Punjab.

It is being reported that Nishan wanted a son as he already had two daughters.

And these are just the cases that are being reported. Who knows, how many Falaks and Afreens are dying while we just frown and sulk at such stories.

Girl child unwanted: Babies, mothers being killed

New-born girl killed in Jharkhand, woman blames husband

Ranchi, April 18, 2012, (IANS) :
A newborn girl was allegedly murdered by her father near this Jharkhand capital city Tuesday, police said. The man, a resident of Damari village near the city, is now on the run.

Shanti, the girl's mother, told Chutia police station officials that her husband, Anand, killed their new-born baby while they were on way to Ranchi on a motorcycle.

When they reached the Taimara Valley, Anand pushed her off the motorbike and she lost her consciousness when she fell, Shanti told police. When she regained consciousness, she found that the body of their 12-day-old baby lying by the roadside, she said.

Anand then took her back to the village and fled, she said. After the incident, Shanti said, she called her sister in Ranchi and together they lodged a police complaint. She also told the police that her husband was unhappy about the birth of a girl.

The baby's body has been sent for a post-mortem examination and the report is awaited.

New-born girl killed in Jharkhand, woman blames husband

When there are thousands of childless unfortunate couples in world, these bastards kill their own children.

These parents should be hanged till death.

These bastards' sons wont have a girl left to marry if this nonsense continues.. Mofo's need to be hanged...

The tragedy is, this is just the tip of the iceberg, while some cases have just come into light, there must be numerous that go unreported. How can parents who nourish these children for several months, can then kill them with their own hands.

The tragedy is, this is just the tip of the iceberg, while some cases have just come into light, there must be numerous that go unreported. How can parents who nourish these children for several months, can then kill them with their own hands.

Nah! Tip of the iceberg is incorrect analogy.. Its much bigger under the surface.. If I have to find 1 reason that can make me feel ashamed of being an Indian, its this...You cant imagine my plight when my 6 year old daughter asked me to explain this when a similar news item came up on the TV a few months back while we were watching tv over dinner ... :angry:

Some retards just don't deserve to be parents, they are not fit for the society. :tdown:

Its mind blowing that these people can stoop so low. In any society its simply is a disgraceful act. Lets hope these are rare occurrences and society eradicates these scumbags and puts them out of their misery...

Its mind blowing that these people can stoop so low. In any society its simply is a disgraceful act. Lets hope these are rare occurrences and society eradicates these scumbags and puts them out of their misery...

Its not rare mate.. specially in North India, its not.. Look up the gender ratio in some of the states like Haryana and you will know what I am saying..

Nah! Tip of the iceberg is incorrect analogy.. Its much bigger under the surface.. If I have to find 1 reason that can make me feel ashamed of being an Indian, its this...You cant imagine my plight when my 6 year old daughter asked me to explain this when a similar news item came up on the TV a few months back while we were watching tv over dinner ... :angry:

I hear you dude. !!!

I hear you dude. !!!

Laws are useless unenforced, there need to be massive public awareness campaign. NGOs can play these roles.

What happens to females within the household in the subcontinent is perpetrated not only by males but equally by females.

This will not stop unless females stop being complicit and come forward.

For that to happen, the females need to be empowered. Educated. Employed. Independent.

The root of this malaise is economic. And its only solution is education.

No amount of legislation will work if the female child is continued to be looked on as a burden.

What happens to females within the household in the subcontinent is perpetrated not only by males but equally by females.

This will not stop unless females stop being complicit and come forward.

For that to happen, the females need to be empowered. Educated. Employed. Independent.

The root of this malaise is economic. And its only solution is education.

No amount of legislation will work if the female child is continued to be looked on as a burden.

I think public awareness and the most strictest punishment to assist legislation would be a start. The grounds are most fertile with the traditions of a male dominated society.
I agree with you wholeheartedly as regards to education and society eradicates this infestation from our society..

I think public awareness and the most strictest punishment to assist legislation would be a start. The grounds are most fertile with the traditions of a male dominated society.
I agree with you wholeheartedly as regards to education and society eradicates this infestation from our society..

The legislations are there. Anti-dowry. Anti-gender diagnosis. Anti-foeticide/infanticide. RTE, Education for all (including both genders). Health for all. Maternal and Child Health. MTP Act. Anti-child marriage. Marriage laws. Property laws. Inheritance laws.

But this comes back to my arguments with Asim on the veil. You cannot prosecute if the victim does not come out in the open. You cannot invade the household arbitarily.

The groundswell needs to come from within as well.

What the state can and should do is get the girls to school. And then provide for avenues of employment that are open to those who finish at least a basic level. Employment that is socially congruent and financially attractive.

We are so screwed with rising prices that the pressure for extra income is always there. And its crazy if a huge chunk of your youth is sitting at home - all due respect to housewives (my mom is one).

Mother and child poisoned to death for dowry
Berhampur (Odisha), Apr 18, 2012, (PTI) :
A 22-year-old woman and her one-and-a-half-year old daughter were poisoned to death allegedly by her in-laws for non-payment of additional dowry at Govindapur in Ganjam district, police said today.

The deceased were identified as Sanjeeta Pradhan and her daughter Puja. Her husband Niranjan was away at Surat at the time of the incident last night.

Police detained Sanjeeta's mother-in-law and elder bother of the husband in connection with the incident.

Bulu Pradhan, brother of Sanjeeta, has lodged a complaint with the police alleging that his sister was killed by her in-laws demanding more dowry. She was earlier tortured by them demanding to bring dowries, he alleged.

Mother and child poisoned to death for dowry

Damn, i wonder if the child was a boy, he would have suffered the same fate.!!!

Back
Top Bottom