What's new

Mark 2 Tejas revealed . 1st Flight 2023

Does the Indian Air Force not like the Tejas because they prefer falling out of the sky in old planes? You'd think pilots would be happy with anything.

👏 I will give India credit where due, you guys developed the FBW system on your own, we didnt.
FBW and CLAW was the most difficult part of the project. Government started full scale funding for development of LCA in 1991. First aircraft was rolled out in 1995 but first flight could only happen in 2001 due to problems in developing control laws. FBW for Tejas was declared a national mission by the government and scientists, engineers, academicians and mathematics working all accross india were roped in to write control laws for tejas.

at least China openly says that they purchased the lavi design from isreal!

No they don't! They never admitted they received the design and in fact both sides - Israel & China - have vehemently rejected it. For sure, there have been contacts (the famous photo showing Song Wencong in front of the Lavi is well known) but from all I heard, the Israeli contribution was more on systems integration, FCS development, structure and program management. I'm quite sure they did not simple get the "blueprints".

Nice..showing your true colors.

I'm sorry if this offends you and indeed I'm leaning more towards China; not in the sense of their political system (I rate highly critical) but in the sense of their latest achievements in the aviation sector. I fact I still share the same interest and sympathy to India (even if I rate here their social system highly critical) but the results they show especially in contrast to their claims is more sad. Hope this will change some say.

No they don't! They never admitted they received the design and in fact both sides - Israel & China - have vehemently rejected it. For sure, there have been contacts (the famous photo showing Song Wencong in front of the Lavi is well known) but from all I heard, the Israeli contribution was more on systems integration, FCS development, structure and program management. I'm quite sure they did not simple get the "blueprints".

Actually according to Indonesian Aerospace official, there is country who want to buy N 250 (or N 2130) blueprint in early 2000 when IMF forbid Indonesia government to inject money for the projects. We were at messy Asian Financial Crisis during that time. So buying other country aircarft blue print is not something unusual.

Last edited:
Calm down my friend and hold back your horses: First of all You don''t need to write in CAPITALS since that does not change anything or make wrong claims correct.

Second, these are simply AA-11 Archer AAMs and not

Here a slightly larger version of your tiny images (from a tiny fighter) ...

View attachment 692614
and here an enlarged cut-out:

View attachment 692615

These are clearly AA-11.
Sir Why did you crash their party...... Cruel

what is that? a J10 wannabe??? :lol:

I don't believe anyone at ADA, HAL or IAF looks up to a J-10 or wants to copy it. Pretty much an all alloy fighter with a huge Al-31 engine but rather uninspiring payload is hardly the ideal as far as anyone is concerned. It wasn't even good enough for the PAF to want it and that's saying a lot.

The Mirage-2000 is the ideal medium weight single engine fighter for the IAF, and it's performance, payload and range is the baseline to be emulated.

Gripen E is the one more like the Tejas Mk2. In fact the Gripen and Tejas have remarkably similar roadmaps, with similar weights, similar size, similar engines, aside from the fact that the Gripen C/D entered service much earlier and is the role model light fighter.

The Tejas program should have been handled a lot better from the Program Management perspective. That's for sure. But things are a lot different now and the Tejas program and it's variants, the Tejas Mk2, TEDBF and possibly ORCA will be back bone of the IAF and IN for the coming 4 decades.

I don't believe anyone at ADA, HAL or IAF looks up to a J-10 or wants to copy it. Pretty much an all alloy fighter with a huge Al-31 engine but rather uninspiring payload is hardly the ideal as far as anyone is concerned. It wasn't even good enough for the PAF to want it and that's saying a lot.

The Mirage-2000 is the ideal medium weight single engine fighter for the IAF, and it's performance, payload and range is the baseline to be emulated.

Gripen E is the one more like the Tejas Mk2. In fact the Gripen and Tejas have remarkably similar roadmaps, with similar weights, similar size, similar engines, aside from the fact that the Gripen C/D entered service much earlier and is the role model light fighter.

The Tejas program should have been handled a lot better from the Program Management perspective. That's for sure. But things are a lot different now and the Tejas program and it's variants, the Tejas Mk2, TEDBF and possibly ORCA will be back bone of the IAF and IN for the coming 4 decades.

What is the different between TEDBF and ORCA program ?

I'm sorry if this offends you and indeed I'm leaning more towards China; not in the sense of their political system (I rate highly critical) but in the sense of their latest achievements in the aviation sector. I fact I still share the same interest and sympathy to India (even if I rate here their social system highly critical) but the results they show especially in contrast to their claims is more sad. Hope this will change some say.

if you do not agree with them this is what happens, now just imagine if you actually lived there...

What is the different between TEDBF and ORCA program ?
First off, ORCA is not a sanctioned program. It is simply HAL trying to get the IAF interested in the Air Force variant of the TEDBF.

So the ORCA would be (if IAF decides to go with it) a land optimized TEDBF with reduced empty weight and lighter landing gear since it won’t need to land on a carrier. HAL will design TEDBF’s landing gear and structures so it can optimize it for the IAF.

Such a land based variant was once proposed even for the F/A-18 Hornet. It was called the F/A-18L and was substantially lighter than the regular navy Hornet. But it never got orders for multiple reasons

Back
Top Bottom