What's new

Mark 2 Tejas revealed . 1st Flight 2023

All of them are not totally indigenous you and you said all money stayed in India this is also wrong

So what?

The aerodynamics, the FCS, the avionics, the source codes, the 100s of systems are all Indian IP. We may source parts from foreign companies, but they are all part of a product that is 100% Indian IP. Get it?

When we want to integrate something, we don't need to run to another country to get it done. When we want a bigger variant, we don't need to go ask for permission from another country and pay that other country to develop the bigger variant. We do it ourselves.

Where is this mentioned? ... from all I knew so far, HAL did not even start construction for the first Mk,1A!

Especially since it is even more confusing:

HAL is modifying an existing Tejas mk1 LSP into mk1A by adding AESA radar and Self protection jammer. Tejas mk2 or MWF will fly before first produced from scratch Mk1A is handed over to IAF.
Where is this mentioned? .
Check video link in the tweet.

The First Tejas Mk 1A squadron is to be delivered by 2025. The Mk.2 won’t be in service anytime before that.

correct.
by 2025 the first squadron of 16 mark1a will be operational.as 3 assembly lines are being set up to build 16 to 20 fighters per annum..

the mark 2 first flight is summer 2023
initial clearance expected 5 years,later
bigger tejas bigger engine
70 percent commonality in cockpit flight control.etc..
so much quicker progress now Hal and we drdo are experienced in developing combat planes,of mid 4th generation era

View attachment 691853

The Prototype will be revealed in February 2022 at Aero India

At 17 tonnes its 4 tonnes heavier than the little brother Tejas MARK 1/1a

Tejas Mk2 – India’s upcoming indigenous Beast (defencexp.com)
This will replace both the Jaguar & the Mig29 once indiction starts in 2027 -2028

no idea of indian engineering skills.... but they do know how to paint shop...
they are built in India
by Indians
by indian companies,
and the money stays in India

it's does not go to chengdu in China

nope..

mostly imported components...
Pak is much smaller so what it has done with JF is good enough to deter India. .and plus years of experience is invaluable. Can't be compared with new Tejas.

And tejas has become a good aircraft to be taken seriously. Who don't will run the day they joked about it.

i am sure after 33+ years and billion you will reach your goal.

LCA MK I was the hardest part to develop. Everything about it started from scratch. There were multiple difficulties in testing few critical aspects related to FBW and control laws. US sanctions after the nuclear tests made it even more torturous due to the work that was already going on with few US companies.

Today, most of those aspects have been mastered and refined. Large number of private companies have been already included in setting up of an Eco-system. Variants of LCA i.e. IA and MK 2 would not be from scratch but incremental. Like the AESA radar for MK IA is already under test on a FOC LCA. Same goes to a number of other technologies.
Few FMs here straight away go into an overdrive questioning Indian engineering capability. Although They know that it is nothing more than poor attempt at trolling. They start questing engineering capabilities too. Come up with time frames of 33+ years for everything that India wants to do. Fair enough. LCA MK I is 33+. Is trolling necessary for everything? Maybe yes for these poor souls.

These trolls forget that the same Indian engineers have set up and are operating one of the most successful space programs in the world. Shall I ask about SUPARCO and link everything that Pakistan does to the success of the same? But I wouldn’t since it is not relevant here.

It is accepted that in this entire game of aircraft development in India, the weak link has been production part which has been analysed by a senior mod in another thread. Apparently, that has been on the focus and all the involved agencies have worked hard to address it. There is no reason to believe that they would fail. They may not achieve 100% of what ever they promised right away. But succeed they will because the current government and all the stake players have put in some real hard work.

By the end of 2021 a lot would be clear.

Till then trolls are most welcome to continue the party. It definitely wouldn’t be 33+ years.

Last edited:
Where is this mentioned? ... from all I knew so far, HAL did not even start construction for the first Mk,1A!

Especially since it is even more confusing:

It was mentioned by the Director of ADA, Dr Girish Deodhare in an interview. The metal cutting for Tejas Mk2 has already started and the first prototype is to be rolled out in August 2021 by HAL.

View attachment 691853

The Prototype will be revealed in February 2022 at Aero India

At 17 tonnes its 4 tonnes heavier than the little brother Tejas MARK 1/1a

Tejas Mk2 – India’s upcoming indigenous Beast (defencexp.com)
This will replace both the Jaguar & the Mig29 once indiction starts in 2027 -2028
Looks really nice. However the weight might be a concern. It will affect all parameters and pivotal things like range and loitering time. Anyways best of luck and if successful a good step for India.
A

Wait ... either there is one post wrong or there is a typo??

Or to be sure; WHEN did construction start?

Apparently it started a few months ago. They have begun ordering long lead items and parts and the metal cutting already happened at HAL. Fabrication of the entire Tejas Mk2 prototype will be done by August 2022 and first flight is targeted for August 2023.
Looks really nice. However the weight might be a concern. It will affect all parameters and pivotal things like range and loitering time. Anyways best of luck and if successful a good step for India.
A

It is very similar to a Mirage-2000 or Gripen E in terms of it's weight, internal fuel and payloads.

The empty weight target is 7800 kgs as far as I know. That is 200 kgs LOWER than Gripen E.

17,500 kgs is the MTOW, which is 4000 kgs higher than Tejas Mk1 and Mk1A.

Internal fuel and drop tanks capacity is shown in the table below. Very similar to Mirage-2000 specs. At 3388 kgs, it's 33% more than the max internal fuel carried by a Tejas Mk1, which is 2458 kgs.

max external payload = 6150 kgs

Ens2anqVcAEvz3Y

Given that it has more fuel efficient engine than a Mirage-2000 and greater internal fuel fraction, the range will be great. Plus with A2A refueling and OBOGS, no limit on the endurance. Only getting fuel tankers to tank up will be an issue.

Last edited:
Apparently it started a few months ago. They have begun ordering long lead items and parts and the metal cutting already happened at HAL. Fabrication of the entire Tejas Mk2 prototype will be done by August 2021.

Will be interesting to see if HAL makes their own deadline, past record is not impressive. Maybe even better to not give such statements, work quietly, deliver first plane, roll it out, than announce to media. Otheriwse possibly setting yourself up to fail again

Back
Top Bottom