What's new

‘Major surprises’ expected in talks with militants, ISI

Now that the TTP and other militant groups are getting kicked in their a$$e$ by the PA, they've decided to call a truce! I think this is a tactical ploy to gain time to regroup. It's happened before and would probably happen again. The PA should keep up the pressure and whip the TTP so this hydra headed monster doesn't rise again.

Pakistan received billions of USD from America since 9/11, more than Israel. And how it repays to its benefactor? Helping terrorists to kill American soldiers in Afghanistan and bring back the barbaric Taliban regime. As usual, Pakistan cannot be trusted.

I have no doubt that the notorious ISI is behind this agreement.

This time Pakistan will not get away with its betrayal and duplicity.

:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Pakistan received billions of USD from America since 9/11, more than Israel. And how it repays to its benefactor? Helping terrorists to kill American soldiers in Afghanistan and bring back the barbaric Taliban regime. As usual, Pakistan cannot be trusted.

A lot of the money Pakistan received from the US was in fact reimbursement for logistical support and other expenses incurred by Pakistan in supporting the NATO effort in Afghanistan - stop regurgitating Western propaganda and educate yourself:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/30821-reality-us-aid-pakistan.html

The ISI and GoP (reflecting a significant consensus across Pakistani public opinion and political parties) are engaging the Taliban in negotiations in order to bring about a political settlement to the insurgency in Pakistan.

It is up to the Afghans and ISAF to engage in similar negotiations with the Afghan Taliban and their allies to do the same in Afghanistan.

There is no 'betrayal or duplicity' on the part of Pakistan here.

A lot of the money Pakistan received from the US was in fact reimbursement for logistical support and other expenses incurred by Pakistan in supporting the NATO effort in Afghanistan - stop regurgitating Western propaganda and educate yourself:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/30821-reality-us-aid-pakistan.html

So you want folks to regurgitating Pakistani propaganda instead ?? :)
I guess the reality lies somewhere in between..

btw, if all the money was the reimbursement for the logistical support, why do a lot of Pakistani members crib about the damage to the highways etc of Pakistan?? That is getting reimbursed.. Right?

[/QUOTE]

The ISI and GoP (reflecting a significant consensus across Pakistani public opinion and political parties) are engaging the Taliban in negotiations in order to bring about a political settlement to the insurgency in Pakistan.

It is up to the Afghans and ISAF to engage in similar negotiations with the Afghan Taliban and their allies to do the same in Afghanistan.

There is no 'betrayal or duplicity' on the part of Pakistan here.

Your reply is a complete whitewash.

The US assistance to Pakistan included much more than just covering the expenses of the conflict. Besides, the US erased Pakistan's economic depth and helped it to get credit and international assistance from IMF, etc.

You do not deny that in return Pakistan helped terrorists to kill American soldiers in Afghanistan.

The Taliban was supposed to be defeated by now if not for its sanctuaries in Pakistan by ISI. This is the only reason that it is still a factor in Afghanistan - because Pakistan avoided doing what it promised following 9/11. Not to mention the hiding of OBL and his blood thirsty gang of Al-Qaeda.

Pamphlet N.Waziristan : TTP,other groups join the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan -

Sunday 01 January 2012

Days after reports of tentative negotiations between the US and the Taliban, Channel 4 News learns of a probable deal between the Afghan and Pakistani Taliban to fight under one banner, for one aim.

The Afghan and Pakistani Taliban have formed a five-member council and pledged to stop fighting their own armed forces, in order to concentrate their fight against US-led forces in Afghanistan.
After weeks of hectic efforts, a high-level delegation of the Afghan Taliban - sent by the Taliban supreme leader Mullah Mohammad Omar - finally succeeded in bringing together different Pakistani militant groups under a single platform.
They have united and promised to stop the suicide attacks, kidnapping for ransom and killing of innocent people in the country, particularly in the militancy-torn tribal areas, which was all part of a fight against Pakistani security forces.
Taliban sources said Mullah Omar was not happy with the Pakistani Taliban's actions and sent a message via his senior commanders: either stop what he termed 'un-Islamic' activities or to stop claiming him (Mulla Omar) as their supreme leader.

Sources also said that Mullah Omar was worried over increasing numbers of Pakistani Taliban diverting their attention from Afghanistan towards Pakistan and making it difficult for the Afghan Taliban to continue their resistance against the powerful Nato and ISAF forces in Afghanistan.
Focus on foreign forces

Mulla Omar, according to Taliban sources, wants Pakistani Taliban groups to focus on Afghanistan, where their fight against foreign forces was in decisive phase.
"Convey my message to the Pakistani Taliban that you had forgotten the real purpose. The real purpose was to fight against invading forces in Afghanistan and liberate it from their occupation," a Taliban leader quoted Mulla Omar as telling him.
Convey my message to the Pakistani Taliban that you had forgotten the real purpose. The real purpose was to fight against invading forces in Afghanistan and liberate it from their occupation. Mulla Omar

The source also said that Mullah Omar was upset over the frequent kidnapping and killing of people who were suspected of spying for US forces, and urged them to stop it immediately.
The Taliban on Sunday issued a pamphlet in North Waziristan in which all militant groups were directed to stop kidnapping for ransom and killing innocent people. The five-member Shura council said it would investigate any complaints and would suggest punishment against the said group, if found guilty.
The five-strong council
The militant groups which signed accord and promised to work together with the Afghan Taliban include the Maulvi Nazeer group in South Waziristan, Hakimullah Mahsud group, Maulana Waliur Rahman group, both operating in South Waziristan and part of the TTP, Hafiz Gul Bahadur group in North Waziristan, and the powerful Haqqani network.
All groups have one representative on the five-member Shura that will also aim to resolve internal differences between different militant groups.
The TTP leader and his deputy seemed to have separate groups as both were shown in the pamphlet having different people in the Shura to represent them: the leader, Hakimullah Mahsud, has given the name of Maulvi Noor Saeed, the TTP leader in Orakzai Agency, to represent him in the Shura while Maulana Waliur Rahman will be represented by Maulvi Azmatullah in the forum.
However some sources argued that Hakimullah's nominee will represent the TTP while Rahman's representative will be sitting in the council on behalf of the Taliban of South Waziristan.
The powerful Haqqani network has chosen Maulvi Saeedullah; Hafiz Gul Bahadur selected Maulvi Sadar Hayat; and Maulvi Nazeer nominated Hafiz Ameer Hamza to represent them in the council that will be called 'Shura-e-Murakeba'.
Militant groups have now been directed to cooperate with the Shura members. The Taliban's pamphlet also threatened that any individual or group if found guilty would be dealt according to the Islamic Sharia law.

http://www.channel4.com/news/afghan-...ite-against-us

Well according to the VP of USA, that 'barbaric' regime is not the enemy anymore. So I fail to understand your disagreement over Pakistan's policy to negotiate and cut deals with TTP and Afghan Taliban, or any which way it wishes to handle this situation.

And last I checked it was NATO and US who were making deals with Taliban and asking Pakistan to bring Mullah Omar and other factions to the table. Also you might want to have a look at the news of Americans facilitating Taliban to open their offices in Qatar for 'negotiations'. So before blaming Pakistan for betrayal and duplicity, you are advised to look in the mirror!

Well according to the VP of USA, that 'barbaric' regime is not the enemy anymore. So I fail to understand your disagreement of Pakistan's policy to negotiate and cut deals with TTP and Afghan Taliban, or any which way it wishes to handle this situation.

And last I checked it was NATO and US who were making deals with Taliban and asking Pakistan to bring Mullah Omar and other factions to the table. Also you might want to have a look at the news of Americans facilitating Taliban to open their offices in Qatar for 'negotiations'. So before blaming Pakistan for betrayal and duplicity, you are advised to look in the mirror!

You are welcome to believe any kind of disinformation you want. Stories about negotiation are coming and going for years but surprisingly with no real results. The only thing the US is trying to do is to split the Taliban into factions, but it has nothing to negotiate with Mulla Omar and his murders which enjoy the protection of ISI.

The simple truth is that the US assisted Pakistan in military and economic means and in return Pakistan helped killing US and NATO soldiers. Now, the ISI is recruiting TTP for another saluter of Americans and for undermining Afghanistan.

Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan is a beautiful name... in Urdu Gen. Hameed gul was heard calling it "Emarat-e-Islami" which is equally sweet. I wish my Afghan brothers stability, prosperity, success and a happy liberation which is just around the corner.

This allience of TTP with Afghan Taliban is ground breaking.. this simply means ke Americans/NATO aor Indians ki ho gai hai PITHIIIII and what they had backed is now standing them on the front! Sweet isn't it ?

You are welcome to believe any kind of disinformation you want. Stories about negotiation are coming and going for years but surprisingly with no real results. The only thing the US is trying to do is to split the Taliban into factions, but it has nothing to negotiate with Mulla Omar and his murders which enjoy the protection of ISI.

You have no proof whatsoever that Mullah Omar and his aides are enjoying the protection of ISI. Unless you bring forth any evidence, your speculation is just that, mere speculation! I believe what is being reported all over the world media.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/04/w...-qatar-office-in-step-toward-peace-talks.html

The simple truth is that the US assisted Pakistan in military and economic means and in return Pakistan helped killing US and NATO soldiers. Now, the ISI is recruiting TTP for another saluter of Americans and for undermining Afghanistan.

And yours source is?

A paradigm shift in the strategic balance of the region is unfolding. It will affect all the nations from West Asia, Central Asia and right upto SA including BD. It will also have effects, more than ripple, in the Islamic world. On the whole, may e bad news for India.

You have no proof whatsoever that Mullah Omar and his aides are enjoying the protection of ISI. Unless you bring forth any evidence, your speculation is just that, mere speculation! I believe what is being reported all over the world media.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/04/w...-qatar-office-in-step-toward-peace-talks.html

And yours source is?

Please explain why the ISI will support Afghan Taliban and not protect Omar?

The US never deny the following two reports and that is enough for me to believe they are correct:

The former head of Afghanistan's National Directorate Amrullah Saleh, who quit his post last year over disagreements with Hamid Karzai said the Afghan President was working in greater collaboration with the Pakistani spy agency.

"To capture Mullah Omar and bring him to justice, they don't need a military operation. He is with them (ISI)," Saleh was quoted as saying by CNN. Saleh, who presided over Afghanistan's main intelligence gathering agency from 2006 to 2010, said ISI provides safe haven to insurgent leadership.

Saleh, who many in Islamabad [ Images ] consider to be anti- Pakistani, said he brought "actionable intelligence" regarding the whereabouts of both Omar and al-Qaeda's new chief, Ayman al-Zawahiri. He maintains that both men remain in Pakistan, and that the US military "surge" has "failed" to provide stability to the region due to lack of Pakistani cooperation.

According to Indian officials:

There were also signs of increasing ties between the TALIBAN and Al-Qa’ida elements on both sides of the PAKISTAN-Afghanistan border, a fact which is of major significance for stability in both countries. From the debriefings of Dr. Mohammed Hanif, a key TALIBAN spokesman arrested on January 15, Kumar stated that “we now know that MULLAH OMAR is under PAKISTANi protection.” India had also learned that the former chief of PAKISTAN’s ISI was directly involved in assistance to the TALIBAN.

From the NYT on Pakistan' ISI-Taliban Connections: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/23/w...e-in-attack-on-us-embassy.html?pagewanted=all

So you want folks to regurgitating Pakistani propaganda instead ?? :)
I guess the reality lies somewhere in between..
That thread details the breakdown of funds received from the us, and points out where US claims regarding aid to Pakistan are false - I have yet to see a detailed rebuttal of the Pakistani claims.
btw, if all the money was the reimbursement for the logistical support, why do a lot of Pakistani members crib about the damage to the highways etc of Pakistan?? That is getting reimbursed.. Right?
I never said 'all the funds' - and no, Pakistan is not getting reimbursed for 'wear and tear'.

eb779f.jpg

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Back
Top Bottom