What's new

Mahindra's Five-Seat Aircraft To Launch Soon

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mahindra Aerospace said this week its new five-seat airplane, which would be India's first indigenous GA aircraft, is expected to fly for the first time next month. According to Indian news sources, the NM5-100 will sell for "20 percent less than a similar aircraft from Cessna." The company has been working for a several years in partnership with India's National Aerospace Laboratories to design the airplane, which is expected to meet FAR Part 23 standards. A larger version of the airplane also is in the works, which would seat 8 to 10. The company has said it plans to become India's first manufacturer serving the GA market, with four to six models for global distribution.

The NM5-100 is an all-metal aircraft, with a composite cowling and fairings. It is expected to be used for air taxi, light cargo and medevac, as well as training. Mahindra acquired a majority stake in Australia's Gippsland Aeronautics in 2010.

mahindra_nm5_100.jpg

thats cool news...
Mahindra is moving forward...

TATA u r back.....u need to do something for country...

thats cool news...
Mahindra is moving forward...

TATA u r back.....u need to do something for country...

TATA is helping out here and there. Its collaborating with the F-INSAS I heard.

And it makes trucks and other vehicles for the army.

Tata-Motors-4x4-Mine-Protected-Vehicle.png

2.5_ton.jpg

Mahindra Aerospace said this week its new five-seat airplane, which would be India's first indigenous GA aircraft, is expected to fly for the first time next month. According to Indian news sources, the NM5-100 will sell for "20 percent less than a similar aircraft from Cessna." The company has been working for a several years in partnership with India's National Aerospace Laboratories to design the airplane, which is expected to meet FAR Part 23 standards. A larger version of the airplane also is in the works, which would seat 8 to 10. The company has said it plans to become India's first manufacturer serving the GA market, with four to six models for global distribution.

The NM5-100 is an all-metal aircraft, with a composite cowling and fairings. It is expected to be used for air taxi, light cargo and medevac, as well as training. Mahindra acquired a majority stake in Australia's Gippsland Aeronautics in 2010.

mahindra_nm5_100.jpg

just give chance to private players they can do much better....
example pinaka MBRL which having contribution of TATA and L&T so mahindra and Godrej can also do fine...:tup::cheers:

I think after the LCA experience they would be using more composites which are common practice for small light aircraft!

TATA is helping out here and there. Its collaborating with the F-INSAS I heard.

And it makes trucks and other vehicles for the army.

Tata-Motors-4x4-Mine-Protected-Vehicle.png

2.5_ton.jpg

yes i know that and more,but we need aerospace industry..

We have good automobile industry(TATA and MAHINDRA)

In aerospace,Mahindra is forward by launching this,but wat about TATA...still building cabins for sirkosy helicopters..
Get up TATA..

Today it is five seater commercial aircraft one day they will be able to make fighter jets

Today it is five seater commercial aircraft one day they will be able to make fighter jets
But this move is more towards civil aviation and not towards defense. Mahindra will definitely make some acquisition for that also. They already have tie up SAAB, BAE.

Dude , it should be more like this
First it is 5 seater
Then it is 18 seater
Then it is 50 seater
then it is 70 seater
then it is 120 seater

I dont think Mahindra is really interested in Fighter plane

HAL has decided to colaborate with SAAB and Dessault for its AMCA project so as to ensure that it can enter service in time to replace 190 odd Mirage 2000 and Jaguar

HAL has learned from LCA to get the 30-40% Tech required from outside
They are no longer adament on building everything inside
This new approach will ensure that project is completed on time
Hal doesnt want the same experience which it got while building LCA , where Bulk of the Mig21 which HAL wanted to replace with LCA being already replaced with Su30MKI
So much so that During the last 10 yrs, Indian airforce has ordered additional 80 Su30MKI over and above the 190 ordered in yr 1996-2000
While It has decided to Reduce the LCA orders from 220 to 123
Same is the case with navy which decided to purchase additional 29 Mig29k appart from 16 ordered in 2004 , and reduce the Number of NLCA on ordered from 57 to 22

Had LCA entered service in 2005 it would not have faced this problem

Archie said:

HAL
has learned from LCA to get the 30-40% Tech required from outside
They are no longer adament on building everything inside
This new approach will ensure that project is completed on time
Hal doesnt want the same experience which it got while building LCA , where Bulk of the Mig21 which HAL

DRDO not HAL :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom