What's new

MADE IN UAE

What's the unit cost of the Desert Sting? Something like this can be extremely effective if it's cheap enough.
Not sure, somewhere in the 30-40 thousand range sounds good but it depends on how many are produced to get unit cost down. UAE ordered 1 billion dollars worth for UAVs but amount is unknown.

Not sure, somewhere in the 30-40 thousand range sounds good but it depends on how many are produced to get unit cost down. UAE ordered 1 billion dollars worth for UAVs but amount is unknown.
Thanks, just hope someone comes up with a way to make guided munitions cost less. I don't think militaries outside of a few will be able to buy such a weapon, let alone field it.

One billion for cheap weapons!!!! So it's a completed project and ready for operations

One billion for cheap weapons!!!! So it's a completed project and ready for operations
Yes, already in service and Halcon Thunder MK 82 already dropped from B-250 and in service with Mirage 2000.

New halcon video

Screenshot_20210623-151618_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20210623-153051_Brave.jpg

Last edited:
The UAE enters the quantum computer race..

الصورة :

Quantum computing is an important and profound technology that guarantees the sovereignty of any country, and the UAE is the first country in the region to use this new technology. A powerful quantum computer will break current encryption protocols, so it should not be shared between countries or companies and should be made in a way that is self-sufficient. One of the main goals of the institute's Quantum Research Center is to build and operate the first quantum computer in the UAE. The center will build a quantum computer in Abu Dhabi in cooperation with international researchers. Our researchers are working on the latest scientific technologies, and quantum computing is the latest computing era and will result in a huge increase in the processing power of computers for certain accounts, and it will have several applications in various fields, and we want to participate in this technological revolution.

https://www.albayan.ae/economy/discussion/2021-06-27-1.4195228?itm_source=parsely-api

Interesting statement from IDEX by the Halcon CEO, could it be hinting to something in active development?

"SkyKnight is the UAE’s first, but will not be the last air defence missile developed by Halcon."

I really hope to see something in the Umkhonto class at Dubai Airshow in November but EDEX in December and UMEX in 2022 will be interesting.

A versatile TV Seeker with the capability to fit a wide variety of gravity-released,. Guided Glide Weapon platforms. halcon.ae .

https://media-files.edgegroup.ae/s3fs-public/2021-02/TV SEEKER EN.pdf
TV SEEKER EN - EDGE Group

https://media-files.edgegroup.ae › TV SEEKER EN
BTW, developing something at 300 grams/0.6 pound weight with this performance is very impressive and the range of 2km is good as well. Altitude is limited because it is meant to be used on quadcopters for infantry and light vehicle deployment so that is sufficient.

Developing a heavy TV seeker with vastly improved performance shouldn't be super hard if the need is there.

Likely no datalink so once something is locked up it will find it itself without the possibility of manual control.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2021-07-11 11.03.24 PM.png

Forgot about this one since there isn't much detail but it was seen at IDEX 2019 first and again at IDEX 2021 its also for quadcopter UAVs like the MAG80-SG

Forgot about this missile from Halcon, I think it may have been cancelled since it hasn't been seen since IDEX 2019

1626117318301.png

Also, there was a concept of a long range P-32 with a rocket booster and folding wings that we may see at Dubai Airshow if it hasn't been cancelled

1626117386448.png

So the name of the turbojet that will be used on the HAS-250 is called HS-350

I have been thinking the 350 part of it will be its kg in thrust and the engine will be developed indigenously within the next few years.

350kg thrust = 3433.50 newtons.

It will be able to be used on the HAS-250, and any other cruise missile needs at it is quite powerful.

@Gomig-21
Lets hope that Halcon is developing a UCAV that Egypt can use without weapons restrictions. With so many weapons under development the UCAV could carry so many weapons of all types including cruise missiles, LGB, Glide weapons, etc.

These UAV controlling subsystems they developed are quite interesting, and imply they are developing them for a UCAV. They are quite similar to the ones used in the Turkish TB2.

CONTROL SURFACE LINEAR SERVO ACTUATOR

DUAL REDUNDANT SERVO ACTUATOR

LANDING GEAR ROTARY ACTUATOR

@Gomig-21
Lets hope that Halcon is developing a UCAV that Egypt can use without weapons restrictions. With so many weapons under development the UCAV could carry so many weapons of all types including cruise missiles, LGB, Glide weapons, etc.

These UAV controlling subsystems they developed are quite interesting, and imply they are developing them for a UCAV. They are quite similar to the ones used in the Turkish TB2.

CONTROL SURFACE LINEAR SERVO ACTUATOR

DUAL REDUNDANT SERVO ACTUATOR

LANDING GEAR ROTARY ACTUATOR

I like it, bro. I think they've probably already figured out which platform will be used with weapons that aren't limited to ITAR restrictions. If it will be a UCAV like you mentioned, that's great. I think the only limiting factor to that would be size and payload that a UAV or UCAV would be able to carry. Other than that, the platform for larger munitions is probably already decided like I said and my guess is if they can't get them on Rafales for whatever reason the French might have, then it will be the old Mirage 2K with probably less French restrictions, or most likely the Russian beasts.

But I dig those controlling subsystems just as much as I dig that rocket booster and engine with the flying wing kit. What a great idea to basically go one step ahead of the JDAM concept and turn a PGM into an even more precise munition with cruising capabilities. The idea is just phenomenal and it's one of those "why didn't I think of that, dammit!" that many outfits out there are probably kicking themselves in the head for not coming up with it. But, as the Chinese and some others have done, reverse engineering and copying weapon's systems is no more a big violation as it used to be. Everyone seems to be doing it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom