What's new

MADE IN UAE

Screenshot 2021-04-19 11.43.03 PM.png

LCGB-HC2

Laser controlled guided bomb is LCGB I think, HC2 is? There is no brochure so this must be very early in development.

Standoff wing kit should allow a good range boost.

@The SC
What do you think of this?

Last edited:
View attachment 735712

LCGB-HC2

Laser controlled guided bomb is LCGB I think, HC2 is? There is no brochure so this must be very early in development.

Standoff wing kit should allow a good range boost.

@The SC
What do you think of this?
HC2: High explosive..composition C2 is a plastic explosive..

Plastic explosives are especially suited for explosive demolition. Common plastic explosives include Semtex and C4..

@The SC
Calidus, the company that makes the B-250 is supposedly working on a much larger aircraft called the B-350 and checking Linkedins that data backs that up.

A powerplant engineer is doing work on a PW127 for the B-350 which has 2600 HP compared to the B-250 with 1500 HP which will allow it to have a much bigger payload and be a much bigger aicraft.

1619025918088.png

A-1 Skyraider could carry 4000 kg if that is any indication, and it had similar thrust and that was 1940s technology imagine what the B-350 can carry now.

The B-250 is integrated with UAE made weaponry already and had already dropped them in tests.

WOW TAKEOFF WEIGHT IS PLANNED AT 18000 POUNDS.

Last edited:
80, 55, and 42 km range rocket artillery that is laser guided terminally, if troops are pinned down and air support is limited this is a good option for precise targeting of enemies.

View attachment 735901

@T-SaGe
This may interest you, it is similar in concept to TRGL-230 but instead is like MAM-L detatching and hitting the target.

Great stuff, Billip. You know us Egyptians can't pronounce the P because that letter doesn't exist in the Arabic alphabet. So it's not an insult or anything like that I just wanted to be sure you were aware of that which I'm sure you are but making sure.

BTW, these Halcon missile productions are flying off the assembly line it seems and now it;s just a matter of proving thei testing and getting lots of customers. Please keep us posted on that HALCON Skynight anti cruise missile pods of 36 and if the testing goes well and they actually market the thing. IMO, that would be something the EGY military would be super interested in if it has a high success rate of shooting down all typed of targets from low skimming cruise missiles to high altitude UAVs to even enemy ships, Having a huge stock and with Egypt new ADS and radars and linkage between all the makes of aircraft and ships would be a huge asset to have. Especially pointing north and to the Gobbling East lol.
WOW TAKEOFF WEIGHT IS PLANNED AT 18000 POUNDS.

That's why the Skyraider has survived in the US Navy and air force until this day and they even used them extensively in Vietnam and had great success with them. Imagine a propeller plane with a deadly loadout still in service with aircraft like the F-35 (let's hope it's the firsts to take down one of those super expensive stealth planes) lol what a disaster that would be, but I don't wish death on any pilot especially a US one. Also one of the coolest looking aircraft, One of my favorites.

Last edited:
Great stuff, Billip. You know us Egyptians can't pronounce the P because that letter doesn't exist in the Arabic alphabet. So it's not an insult or anything like that I just wanted to be sure you were aware of that which I'm sure you are but making sure.
Haha, I was aware that the Arabic alphabet doesn't have a P sound, Bebsi is a very good drink.

Philip the Arab was a historical figure from near Modern day Syria of Arab heritage who ruled Rome for a small period of time which is where the name comes from as the Romans dominated the Middle East at the time.
BTW, these Halcon missile productions are flying off the assembly line it seems and now it;s just a matter of proving thei testing and getting lots of customers. Please keep us posted on that HALCON Skynight anti cruise missile pods of 36 and if the testing goes well and they actually market the thing. IMO, that would be something the EGY military would be super interested in if it has a high success rate of shooting down all typed of targets from low skimming cruise missiles to high altitude UAVs to even enemy ships, Having a huge stock and with Egypt new ADS and radars and linkage between all the makes of aircraft and ships would be a huge asset to have. Especially pointing north and to the Gobbling East lol.
Halcon is still a young company, and a lot of these products are just at the early stages of production so they will likely take a few years before even testing occurs depending on the technological difficulty of the missiles.

I hope it can become the Arab Raytheon but it will need a lot of funding and much more employees to develop products quicker, and quicker.

Skyknight seems like a pretty good system albeit limited to being short range for defense against CM, PGMs, UAVs, and fixed and rotary wing aircraft. It is actually in pods of 60 launched VLS and each missile only weighs about 35kg each so there needs to be hit to kill guidance with active radar homing capabilities. Up to 4 pods of 60 missiles can be linked together.

IMO it needs to be installed on ships as well, it will be like a RIM-116 RAM missile and allow for engaging of sea skimming, and supersonic missiles hopefully.

From LinkedIn a female Emirati local engineer in the warhead and fuze department at Halcon

View attachment 737508

Warhead and Fuze department at IDEX

View attachment 737509

@The SC @Gomig-21
Halcon will most likely be going for something like the GBU-69 Small Glide Munition soon..As we can see on the US MQ-1C with 20 of them at the same time..A very big number of munitions for a drone to allow it to carry out many new missions that similar aircraft could not carry out before..

5ab1893e83824928008b45b3

عشرين قنبلة موجهة من طائرة بدون طيار واحدة

It is also striking that despite the small size and light weight of this bomb, it is still a very high-specification bomb with a very goo destructive capacity..

The SGM is a guided bomb with a range of up to 40 km and a warhead weighing 16 kg, despite the fact that it weighs no more than 27 kg.

Last edited:
Halcon will most likely be going for something like the GBU-69 Small Glide Munition soon..As we can see on the US MQ-1C with 20 of them at the same time..Avery big number munitions for a drone to allow it to carry out many new missions that similar aircraft could not carry out before..

5ab1893e83824928008b45b3

عشرين قنبلة موجهة من طائرة بدون طيار واحدة

It is also striking that despite the small size and light weight of this bomb, it is still a very high-specification bomb with a very goo destructive capacity..

The SGM is a guided bomb with a range of up to 40 km and a warhead weighing 16 kg, despite the fact that it weighs no more than 27 kg.
I think Desert Sting 16's design could be modified with a wing kit to increase range and the missiles can already be quadracked so there is a lot of potential to easily use that existing design.

They seem to be exploring a similar although the LCGB-HC2 is very small compared to the GBU-69

1619407898572.png

1619408119992.png

InshaAllah we will be amazed at what we see at the Dubai Airshow in November, and we may see more at EDEX if Emirati participation is large.

Last edited:
1619579776985.png

Haha my crappy job at photo shopping a HAS-250 missile on an F-16E, it should in theory fit if it weighs about 1000kg or less without a booster. It will provide a long range anti ship capability to the UAEAF for taking out enemy targets.

The French PGM-2000 missile weighs about 1006kg and the F-16E can carry 4 of them fully loaded for a short range mission. So in theory it could carry 4 missiles but 2 is likely more.

Last edited:
View attachment 738083

Haha my crappy job at photo shopping a HAS-250 missile on an F-16E, it should in theory fit if it weighs about 1000kg or less without a booster. It will provide a long range anti ship capability to the UAEAF for taking out enemy targets.

The PGM-2000 missile weighs about 1006kg and the F-16E can carry 4 of them fully loaded for a short range mission.

This thread is weapons paradise why doesn't the title change to UAE defense industry. One of the reasons I never entered this thread because I thought it was mainly none weaponry commericial stuff thread. As a weapon aficionado I would have entered this thread previously

Back
Top Bottom