What's new

Made in Iran

I also dislike the fact that they keep reusing the same names over and over again. They need to get more creative. So far the project looks good. I want to see it fly though.

So what is this a reverse engineered Iran-140 ? I guess they're using the technology transfers they received to build this ? It would be great to see them resolve the issues they had with those planes. It makes sense since those planes are just sitting there collecting dust. I believe Iran has 7 in storage ?

Might as well fix the issues and put them to use right ? Hopefully everything works out and Iran revives the ones in storage along with building as many as they require. After this they can move on to larger scale projects. Reverse engineering a C-130 would be a logical next step.

As a side note, look at what the Americans are still doing with the C-130. Currently the AC-130J Ghostrider is flying sorties over Afghanistan. It's basically a modified C-130. It can be armed with a 25 mm gattling gun, a 40mm autocannon and a howitzer, all aimed at the ground with satellite guidance. It mostly flies at night and it can also drop basically any bomb you can imagine, including hellfire missiles, gliding bombs and more. It can carry 40,000 lbs of payload.

you can put alot into these simurgh transporters for example air launched suicide drones air launched missiles etc pp btw i love the name simurgh i believe all our planes are named well this way since the gathering of the birds is one of my favorite books i believe the simurgh is utterly iranian anyway throughout history and why not use it fighter jets can be shahin why not use this
I also dislike the fact that they keep reusing the same names over and over again. They need to get more creative. So far the project looks good. I want to see it fly though.

So what is this a reverse engineered Iran-140 ? I guess they're using the technology transfers they received to build this ? It would be great to see them resolve the issues they had with those planes. It makes sense since those planes are just sitting there collecting dust. I believe Iran has 7 in storage ?

Might as well fix the issues and put them to use right ? Hopefully everything works out and Iran revives the ones in storage along with building as many as they require. After this they can move on to larger scale projects. Reverse engineering a C-130 would be a logical next step.

As a side note, look at what the Americans are still doing with the C-130. Currently the AC-130J Ghostrider is flying sorties over Afghanistan. It's basically a modified C-130. It can be armed with a 25 mm gattling gun, a 40mm autocannon and a howitzer, all aimed at the ground with satellite guidance. It mostly flies at night and it can also drop basically any bomb you can imagine, including hellfire missiles, gliding bombs and more. It can carry 40,000 lbs of payload.

you know what my problem with the names is that it has no pattern to it rather than the names itself which are fine totally out of control showing no central organisation basically

Last edited:
As written by others, in the structures of the HEASA, there should be all the components to make 7 IrAn-140, therefore also the Ukrainian turboprop engines (which are Klimovs under Russian license) therefore theoretically could make 7 in a aircrafts tactical transport version.
From the Iranian media it is indicated that the Iranian technicians and engineers have solved the problems (to the propulsion system) but this would only concern the Ukrainian turboprots that they have in use or in stock, so I ask myself what the turboprot model will be if the aircraft is made in series, since I have many doubts that Ukraine will have the possibility to authorize the sale of an Iranian aircraft with strong characteristics of military use and I strongly doubt that Western companies supply the engines, therefore:
1) The Iranians have succeeded in reverse engineering to create a version of the same engine;
2) Either they will opt for the original Klimov turboprop and / or for the TV7-117SM / ST version also used on the new IL-112;
3) or the Chinese Dongan WJ-5
or do you have other alternatives?

As written by others, in the structures of the HEASA, there should be all the components to make 7 IrAn-140, therefore also the Ukrainian turboprop engines (which are Klimovs under Russian license) therefore theoretically could make 7 in a aircrafts tactical transport version.
From the Iranian media it is indicated that the Iranian technicians and engineers have solved the problems (to the propulsion system) but this would only concern the Ukrainian turboprots that they have in use or in stock, so I ask myself what the turboprot model will be if the aircraft is made in series, since I have many doubts that Ukraine will have the possibility to authorize the sale of an Iranian aircraft with strong characteristics of military use and I strongly doubt that Western companies supply the engines, therefore:
1) The Iranians have succeeded in reverse engineering to create a version of the same engine;
2) Either they will opt for the original Klimov turboprop and / or for the TV7-117SM / ST version also used on the new IL-112;
first of all iran should forget the dreams about getting deals with boeing or airbus done because that will not happen and the moment iran did this the whole issue can become more serious because when it comes to such workshops than unfortunally i must say these were looked at as useless projects by iranian politicians atleast in the last 8 years the entire idea would be to get deals with foreigners done instead of working to get it done ourselves

Well Raisi said he wants to lift sanctions. If sanctions are lifted then Iran can buy Boeing and Airbus.

Chinese are starting to build passenger planes but even they use US engines. Even Russian passenger planes use US made parts so even they need permission to sell to Iran.

Iran's only other option will be to purchase military planes and convert them. Building passenger planes, ones that are up to international standards, it's not easy.

Smaller passenger plane I can see Iran doing in the future but larger ones I don't think so. Even Chinese have spent billions but they still had to use US parts and engines.

first of all iran should forget the dreams about getting deals with boeing or airbus done because that will not happen and the moment iran did this the whole issue can become more serious because when it comes to such workshops than unfortunally i must say these were looked at as useless projects by iranian politicians

so when the idea becomes clear that iranian airlines need iranian planes overall even for international flights than this issue has to be solved internally anyway but really there are dreamers here inside iran who still seek to look to the outside but fortunally they arent in power anymore and those who are will pretty much seek to do everything inside iran they will solve alot of the "issues" that came up during the last 8-4 years

If sanctions are lifted I'm pretty sure that even the current government will buy Boeing and Airbus planes.

There are only a few companies that build passenger planes in the entire world. Americans (Boeing), Europeans (Airbus), Russians and now Chinese are trying to get in the game but so far they only have a prototype.

Most Russian private companies have opted to purchase US or EU planes. Russia has been making an effort recently to revive their passenger plane industry but even they use US parts.

China again they use US parts. Other than that there's Brazil (Embraer) but again they use US parts. Canadian company Bombardier, again US parts. The industry is really, very monopolized.

Even highly developed and wealthy countries with no sanctions, like Japan haven't been able to do it. Japan tried but their project got put on hold.

For a country the size of Iran to be able to produce a passenger planes by itself is very unlikely. Smaller ones, like reverse engineered Iran-140, I can see that in the next few years, but larger ones, I can't see it.

Especially an Iranian design, I don't think so. It would take more than a decade and tens of billions and even then it most likely wouldn't work out. The problem is that Iran will need to replace many of its older passenger planes before that.

so when the idea becomes clear that iranian airlines need iranian planes overall even for international flights than this issue has to be solved internally anyway but really there are dreamers here inside iran who still seek to look to the outside but fortunally they arent in power anymore and those who are will pretty much seek to do everything inside iran they will solve alot of the "issues" that came up during the last 8-4 years

Well Raisi said he wants to lift sanctions. If sanctions are lifted then Iran can buy Boeing and Airbus.

Chinese are starting to build passenger planes but even they use US engines. Even Russian passenger planes use US made parts so even they need permission to sell to Iran.

Iran's only other option will be to purchase military planes and convert them. Building passenger planes, ones that are up to international standards, it's not easy.

Smaller passenger plane I can see Iran doing in the future but larger ones I don't think so. Even Chinese have spent billions but they still had to use US parts and engines.
made in iran and why should iran not be able to do what the usa does in fact iran is capable to do even more and of course it might cost time but its the right way to go
btw all of you who dont like the name simurgh i beg you as i begged those who didnt like the name inside iran calling for more islamic names read the book the gathering of the birds or the story of the simurgh because its an islamic aswell as iranian classic and is great
it might be people like me who caused this transformation of the name with simurgh being so famous these days as name so maybe also do yourselves a favor and read the book which kind of ignited this love of this mythical bird again

Last edited:
iam sorry the name in english was conference of the birds so read this book specially pakistanis shoud read it to understand their place in this world is our place vise versa and so on basically a harmonic cooperation is needed in the world

gentlemen, thank you for your answers, but the aircraft currently under construction is indicated as indicated in the video "tactical transport aircraft", therefore with marked "military" characteristics and not as a passenger or commercial transport aircraft, therefore it would be considered differently in the eventual future end of the sanctions or embargo by the western part, therefore your kind answers are difficult to implement for a military aircraft like the Simorgh-140T

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom