What's new

Lyari Operation

There must be shoot on sight orders against parchi mafia. In Gulistan-e-Jauhar if you want to construct a house you receive parchi to pay bhatta. There should be operation in Pehalwan Goth area(ANP's parchi mafia comes from here) & Bhittaiabad(PPP parchi mafia comes from here). Further more govt should bulldoze these both illegal kachi abadis & relocate them away from residential areas.

Man i just wish to see sohrab goth along with the afghan basti fumigated of all types of criminal insects

I was surprised to see some of the weapons these criminals have!!

This is what happens when guns/weapons are considered cool and acceptable in Pakistan :disagree:

There isn't much really. AK's, G-3's. some shotguns and grenades.
But still a concern TBH.

These CID guys are really brave to just stand in the middle of the road and start firing!!! Snipers were being shown in buildings firing at the terrorists.

That CID SSP is a very ghunda looking man IMO. There was a footage when firing started, everybody started to run, but the SSP and 3 more people walked calmly, all the while the SSP was folding his sleeves!!!

Its not MQM its the Trader in Karachi , many got the pac parchi and since than shops are closed . They are now reaching industries etc , every one is paying the price ... its no longer about political parties any more , its btw people now .... PPP realising that decided for an operation against armed gangsters

Yes, now we are heading to the actual problem, this Uzair Baloch and company under PAC and Zulfiqar Mirza started extending themselves out of Liyari into MQM areas which was not acceptable. Now after ouster of ZM, Uzair is also not acceptable to PPP as well. Now if Uzair goes out of equation PPP and MQM both are happy.
I think instead of making city hostage, it would be appropriate that all parties PPP, MQM, ST, JI and others must disown criminal elements and targeted operations be done and prosecuted religiously. City should be declared arms free, all citizens be asked to deposit their weapons licensed and unlicensed both. For next three Months any weapon caught be cut into pieces. And then after that any weapon caught, legal action be taken against culprits. Same procedure shall be implemented into other major cities and then to whole country.
Karachi is mini Pakistan, if Karachi is happy and prosperous then whole Pakistan will be happy and prosperous. Lets be un biased, say no to criminals, say no to ethnicity and sectarianism.

Even mobile services been cut off from lyari, terrorists aren't , been in any problem, instead they had, started using walki talki,s !
Police is fighting with a monster, here (CiA -trained) BLA , that's the nightmare, real nightmare!
WE need to send proper (clearence) teams, great resolve by karachi police!
TTp is with them, there also!

Yes, now we are heading to the actual problem, this Uzair Baloch and company under PAC and Zulfiqar Mirza started extending themselves out of Liyari into MQM areas which was not acceptable. Now after ouster of ZM, Uzair is also not acceptable to PPP as well. Now if Uzair goes out of equation PPP and MQM both are happy.
I think instead of making city hostage, it would be appropriate that all parties PPP, MQM, ST, JI and others must disown criminal elements and targeted operations be done and prosecuted religiously. City should be declared arms free, all citizens be asked to deposit their weapons licensed and unlicensed both. For next three Months any weapon caught be cut into pieces. And then after that any weapon caught, legal action be taken against culprits. Same procedure shall be implemented into other major cities and then to whole country.
Karachi is mini Pakistan, if Karachi is happy and prosperous then whole Pakistan will be happy and prosperous. Lets be un biased, say no to criminals, say no to ethnicity and sectarianism.

Zulfiqar mirza should be investigated, how he brought. BLA & TTp into this!

Even mobile services been cut off from lyari, terrorists aren't , been in any problem, instead they had, started using walki talki,s !
Police is fighting with a monster, here (CiA -trained) BLA , that's the nightmare, real nightmare!
WE need to send proper (clearence) teams, great resolve by karachi police!
TTp is with them, there also!

Zulfiqar mirza should be investigated, how he brought. BLA & TTp into this!

If statement regarding TTP and BLA is true then it is really a thing to worry about and ZM who had been openly patronizing PAC must be investigated and brought to justice.

If statement regarding TTP and BLA is true then it is really a thing to worry about and ZM who had been openly patronizing PAC must be investigated and brought to justice.

Dear mate,
Yes they are there, according to IG sindh, you can check his interview on geonews or expressnews, I know this secret a, long time ago from a friend, who is working with IB, ex-army!
Not only, dam BLA bt TTp , & HaQiiqi ! They all joined hands, together & made lyari a safe havean for other street criminals, just look the style they are fighting, use of selected weapons, its dam fifth day , but still their RPG7z aren't, finished yet? On cheel chowk still , they are targeting police without seeing them, in the darkness? These terrorists ha long range night visions, without it, they can't afford to attack , moving police force in night , right!
That's the reason when frist night , they blown up all the. PMTz !
Its. Hell out there & really, a classic urban warfare experince, if this is lyari, then what happens ,other places? In karachi? Can't even think about it , well any way, police just went in , with FC in safi lane & real mad , gun fight still , going on, just talking on phone , with a friend , who went in there, yesterday! He knows whts going on there, he was telling me , the area is not completly sealed out, that's why terrorists are getting ammo, & changing enemy gunman , kept comming in!
Nabeel gabol, is trying to get , rangers , which seems not co-opreating with sindh police & admin, for un-known reasons, & I think. If rangers can't help now, they don't deserve to be in karachi, they also be rollled back in to their barracks.

Dear Batmannow
At one place you are ready to believe IGP about presence of BLA and TTP elements and the same IG in TV interview says they have kept Rangers as reserve and will be called when required. To me it seems that police has made it matter of prestige and they want to get results at their own. why they are not asking for rangers, am sure rangers cannot refuse or what stops home department and CM to order Rangers for going in operation, if police is reluctant due to prestige issue ( I believe every uniformed force must have prestige and thats why police is fighting for last four days). This makes me conclude that there is something fishy and may be no one else is to be targeted but PAC.

Why Rangers is not taking action in Lyari when Police is failed in its operation? - YouTube
Exclusive footage Lyari gangster attacking police conducting operation - YouTube
‘TTP, BLA supporting gangsters in Lyari’

Salis bin Perwaiz
Tuesday, May 01, 2012

KARACHI: Activists of the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and the Baloch Liberation Front (BLF) are assisting the Lyari gangsters during the police crackdown in Lyari, according to senior police officials. SSP Mohammed Aslam Khan of the Anti-Extremism Cell (AEC), who is leading the operation, claimed on Monday that the TTP was involved while IG Sindh Mushtaq Ahmed Shah saw the hand of the BLA behind the violence.

In a late night development, SSP Khan claimed that eight gangsters had been killed while they had lost a police commando Tufail in a rocket attack in Nawa Lane.Earlier, on the fourth day of the operation, seven more people, including a policeman and four gangsters, were killed.

In a briefing, Inspector General of Police Mushtaq Ahmed Shah alleged the criminals had the support of members of the Baloch Liberation Army adding that three BLA men were killed during a police encounter. He said during the operation, 20 wanted gangsters were apprehended and a huge cache of arms, including LMGs and G-3 rifles, were recovered.

SSP Khan said that in the early days of the crackdown, they had also arrested some wanted gangsters who disclosed to the police that activists of the banned TTP were assisting them against the police and they had also provided them with sophisticated arms. They also revealed that more members of the TTP were later called in to stage a heavy attack on the police.

SSP Khan said that Shahid Bakik, who was arrested earlier disclosed that a few weeks earlier they had kidnapped the owner of the Rehmat-i-Shireen sweetmeat shop on the demand of TTP commanders. He was later released in exchange for a huge ransom. SSP Khan also apprised that a “wanted member of the TTP Saqib Mehsud” was killed during an encounter with the CID in the Chakiwara area. He was also wanted by the Waziristan police for criminal offences. Khan said that due to the support of the TTP, the police has had to face severe resistance from the gang war elements but they will clear Lyari of every criminal and terrorist in a few days.

Meanwhile, late on Sunday night, armed gangsters moved towards the Kalri area to divert the attention of the police and lobbed RPG shells and also fired Awan rockets in Jumma Baloch Road due to which several people sustained injuries.

The police immediately went to the spot and found six people lying injured. They were shifted to Civil Hospital Karachi (CHK) where their condition was said to be stable. The injured were later identified as Owais, Faizan, Aneesa, Abdul Rehman among others.

SSP Mohammed Aslam Khan talking to this scribe said that, early on Monday morning, he along with his men entered the disturbed areas of Afshani Gali and Gul Mohammed Lane. He added that police snipers had been stationed on roof tops, he said.

The gangsters opened fire on the police, after which a gun battle began. However, the AEC snipers managed to kill four gangsters, who are still unidentified. When the police tried to pick the bodies, the outlaws fired RPG shells and lobbed hand grenades and took away the bodies with them.

After the killing of four Lyari gangsters by the police, the outlaws tried to divert the police’s attention and fired rockets at the Jumma Baloch Road and Shah Abdul Latif Bhittai Road due to which eleven people were injured. Three of them were identified as Riaz Ahmed, Jan Murad and Abid.

On Monday afternoon, the armed gangsters threw a man’s body near Junna Masjid, Kalri and fired on his body and fled.While the residents tried to pick the body from the spot, the outlaws opened fire at them. The deceased is still unidentified but a case has been reported.

In another attack, the Lyari gangsters killed another unidentified passerby in Baloch Para in Kalakot whose body was later moved to the CHK.Until the evening, continuous firing was reported. The armed gangsters killed another passerby in Sarbaz Mohallah and fled. This killing has not yet been confirmed.

Meanwhile, in reaction to the Lyari Operation, protests were reported in various parts of the city with a violent protest in Ibrahim Hyderi where armed miscreants also torched two vehicles. The police reached the spot and brought the situation into control.

Meanwhile, IG Sindh Mushtaq Ahmed Shah, in a press conference claimed that during the four-day operation in Lyari, losses were faced by both the police and the gangsters. He added that the gangsters had also damaged their APCs and also killed innocent people including four police officials and injured several others including their two DSPs.

He added that the gangsters were on foot and taking advantage of the narrow lanes. The police was facing difficulties due to their vehicles. However, Shah said they will clear the area from criminal elements within a day or two. IG Shah also claimed that due to this targeted operation against criminal elements, the crime graph in Karachi has decreased to a major extent, as no kidnapping for ransom or extortion cases were reported during the last four days.

He added that a decrease was also seen in vehicle theft and other crimes, which were earlier reported on a daily basis, due to the police crackdown. IG Shah claimed that they have arrested 20 wanted gangsters from Lyari. One such gangster Hassan alias Hasso, was wanted by the police in more than 50 cases of a heinous nature and Sindh government also announced a reward for his arrest.

The others were Mushtaq Khan Pathan, Asif alias Mama, Abid, Mohammed Sharif, Fakhar Alam, Javed, Shah Jehan, Sadaam, Ghaffar alias Mama, Adeel Zahid and others. The police has also recovered one RPG Rocket, three SMGs, 26 Kalashnikovs, two G-3 rifles, 35 hand grenades, six repeaters, 19 TT pistols, five 9mm pistols and 5,000 bullets.

The IG Sindh also claimed that at least six to seven gangsters, were killed during the encounter with the police in Lyari, and according to their source information three were from the BLA. In response to a query, the IG Sindh also said that they had put the Rangers on reserve and if we need their support, they will call them as backup support to the police.

The IG Sindh said that it has become the general perception that the police is trying to give access to another gangster Arshad Pappu which is incorrect as they were operating against all the criminal elements in Lyari. He also claimed that until now the police had cleared many areas of Lyari which include Nava Lane, Cheel Chowk, Shah Baig Lane, Shafi Lane and 50 percent of Gul Mohammed Lane.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-13-14282-TTP-BLA-supporting-gangsters-in-Lyari

where is Dr Zulfiqar Mirza? he had openly backed up PAC but i see him no where around?

where is Dr Zulfiqar Mirza? he had openly backed up PAC but i see him no where around?

Stupid man living in badin, & drinking from the, money he got from secrt fund from CIA!

Man why not the call army for a quick operation ? Belive me i saw swat after army and it is like a heaven on earth.

Why not in khi for a few days for these morons ? why every one is against army ?

Man i just wish to see sohrab goth along with the afghan basti fumigated of all types of criminal insects

:lol: bhai why do you have so much hate for pathans for some reason? if you want a proper operation in karachi then all areas of PPP,MQM & ANP must be fumigated!

Man why not the call army for a quick operation ? Belive me i saw swat after army and it is like a heaven on earth.

Why not in khi for a few days for these morons ? why every one is against army ?

I think it should be done by police only, at max Rangers. Army is not required. Once police will show resolve to evict these criminals out of Liyari and bring them to justice, am sure these criminals will be demoralized and will not offer this much resistance in days to come. But same resolve is required to be shown in whole Karachi against all criminals, gangs, groups who form part of parties or claim to be part of parties.

Back
Top Bottom