What's new

Lyari Operation

Lyari operation enters fourth day

By Web Desk
Published: April 30, 2012

A plain clothes policeman holds an AK 47 as he walks down the streets during a firefight with gang members in Karachi's Lyari area April 28, 2012. PHOTO: REUTERS/FILE
KARACHI: The police operation against Lyari gangsters entered its fourth day on Monday, with the overall death toll reaching 24, Express News reported.
Families from the area continued to leave and move to safer locations as tension prevailed in the area.
Very few police personnel were seen present at Cheel Chowk, while no senior officers were present to lead them. It has been reported that the senior officials will arrive after attending the funeral of a police officer who had been killed earlier.
Markets in the area remain closed and many homes are reported to be without food, water and electricity.
Police had earlier cleared Nawa Lane and taken control of the area. Police had also claimed that the areas of Afshani Gali, Gul Mohammad Lane and Saifi Lane had been taken under control, but residents have refuted the claim and said that only Nawa Lane and some lanes of Cheel Chowk have been taken under control.
Three killed in Sher Shah firing
Motorcyclists attacked two passenger buses in the Sher Shah area, critically injuring five passengers on board, three of whom passed away before reaching the hospital.
Two of the injured are reported to be in critical condition, and one of the injured has been identified as a police official who was on duty at the time of the incident.
In separate incidents, two coaches and a car were torched near Punkha Hotel.

what is the MAJOR aim of this operation? and when will it end does anyone know??

the only worrying thing is that tomorrow Baloch people in liyari will stand up and claim there was an operation against them & a new ethnic party will form!

Two birds with one bullet, make MQM happy and get rid of PAC guys.

KARACHI: Special Investigation Unit Monday arrested nine persons of Ahmad Magsi gang from Liaquatabad here, Geo News reported.

SIU SP Khurram Waris told that the nine persons arrested from Ilyas Goth in Liaquatabad were associated with the Ahmad Magsi group of the gang war and defunct peace committee. The accused have been involved in murder, extortion and other grave crimes.

Ghulam Mustafa, Qaisar Baloch, Mohammad Arsalan, Zahid, Asif, Waleed, Ashraf and gang leader Naeem and Abdul Rahim are included among the arrested accused. One repeater, six pistols and other ammunitions were recovered from the accused.

Khurram Waris said that the accused are involved in the killings of crime branch personnel in Soldier Bazaar and his brother in Ilyas Goth.

Geo

Two birds with one bullet, make MQM happy and get rid of PAC guys.

Its not MQM its the Trader in Karachi , many got the pac parchi and since than shops are closed . They are now reaching industries etc , every one is paying the price ... its no longer about political parties any more , its btw people now .... PPP realising that decided for an operation against armed gangsters

Its not MQM its the Trader in Karachi , many got the pac parchi and since than shops are closed . They are now reaching industries etc , every one is paying the price ... its no longer about political parties any more , its btw people now .... PPP realising that decided for an operation against armed gangsters

Very real input mate!
Politics is different than of , kidnapping , ransome, & killing for money!
When Out of 10 ,8 calls of kidnappers. Were traced from lyari! In last 3, years,also there are TTp , elements ! Who couldbe involved in mehran base Attacks, lyari had become the criminal, headquater of urban pakistan!!!
u can find BLA , TTp ,Haqiqi & all other, professional criminals were bieng kept & were taken, well care off,so if police is using , other criminal groups , for getting 100% targeted intell, they didn't did any thing , wrong?
There is a perfect example, like what they , Did in tody morning in (baloch-para) liaqatabad, in which 5. Lyari gang war criminals get caught? They got information from, arshad papo group!
So the usage of iron for cutting , the other sheet of iron, was often used ! As a part of solutions , sometimes?
There Are political elements, also involved in lyAri , who want to save , hire & use former PAC members, to create a 1992 like situation, in karachi?
What PMLn will do, once it gets , its hands on fedrl govt & on sindh govt?
What ghous ali shah wants, from the meetings in lyari , with these gAngsters?
Why jamat-e-islami , went to lyari today? To provide. A cover & give moral support to gangsters?
This breaking, cracking allways been, used in different, parts of world,speciaLy in urban crime bustting, even in newyork, different groups bieng used to gather intel, target location, so peoples , let it be, what ever it takes , to make this opreation sucsessfull, if not thn, sorry to say, karachi can become, another kabul, governed by differnt, militant groups?
Let's join hands ,together & clean mess, step by step,
My salute to , karachi police ,its martyrdom, keep charging in my, light brigade!

dude if that the thing then we will see many moreoperations soon, hope you are proved right

dude if that the thing then we will see many moreoperations soon, hope you are proved right

it wont stop at liyari i dont think so will continue and expand into more areas (although i do not agree , its short term approach this will prove like saanp ki dum will grow back again)

as long as people don't come out and play ethnicity card! and scream operation operation genocide i think all will be well. i think the best approach would be seal karachi off for a month and finish the operation. just liek you do cockroach spray with door closed!

as long as people don't come out and play ethnicity card! and scream operation operation genocide i think all will be well. i think the best approach would be seal karachi off for a month and finish the operation. just liek you do cockroach spray with door closed!

yeah right great approach brov leave the rest of the house contaminated whilst fumigate one room ...

There must be shoot on sight orders against parchi mafia. In Gulistan-e-Jauhar if you want to construct a house you receive parchi to pay bhatta. There should be operation in Pehalwan Goth area(ANP's parchi mafia comes from here) & Bhittaiabad(PPP parchi mafia comes from here). Further more govt should bulldoze these both illegal kachi abadis & relocate them away from residential areas.

Karachi: Ahmed Ali Magsi escapes Liaquatabad police raid
Monday, April 30, 2012 9:55:19 AM
Staff Report
KARACHI: As many as five miscreants have been taken in custody in the city area of Liaquatabad and firearms and hand grenades have been seized from their possession, CNBC reports early Monday morning.
Meantime, an accused Ahmed Ali Magsi, wanted in various crimes including murders, robberies and kidnapping for ransom, escaped in injured state after the police operation.
Police’s Special Investigation Unit (SIU) conducted a sting operation in Liaquatabad area of C-1; however, they were met with intense resistance with attacks of gunfire and hand grenades.
The operation ended with the arrest of five criminals; but, Ahmed Ali Magsi, who is involved in various heinous crimes including political killings in the metropolis, managed to escape in injured condition.
Briefing about the police action, SP Khurram Waris said the arrested miscreants are involved in multiple counts of crimes including abduction for ransom and robberies.
The arrested criminals have been shifted to some undisclosed location. CNBC

Welcome to CNBC Pakistan

did they capture afshani gali??

yesterday they said, 85% area was in control, today they say 75% :confused:

Well dear mate,
What your guss is, how much force, wouldbe needed to seal off all karachi, & how much to launch , a opreation clean up?
I am sorry, bt I don't , think so, as you can see, only lyari opreation, how its going on, its really hard, just go there now, & you will know?

I think, if we let sind police grow up in numbers like (2 hundred thousad) & give them good weaponry, with matching conditions, & a gurntee of no-political,interference, with special urban warfare, units & helicopters, it will be a better option, for the future , of sindh(pakistan).

BLA gunmen killed in lyari , today IG sind. Mushtaq ali shah!
20 caught, large number of heavy ammo, recovered from, terrorists,
Afshan gali & nava lane in control by , police , but still heavy resistance, is going on, many terrorists , fleeing in burqas, to other areas of karachi!

Back
Top Bottom