What's new

Lt. Gen. Haroon Aslam Resigns.

Not a Good choice but i heard that he will also retire the next year.

Tariq Khan or Haroon aslam were the best choice.atleast they should have given Chair of joint chief of military staff to haroon aslam.God damn is was the most senior of all

I wish our systems were strong enough to handle a strong general without worrying about occurrence of a coup. That is primarily the reason why Gen Tariq Khan is not chosen. That is the reason why Gen Ali Kuli Khan was superseded.

I can understand how and why Gen Raheel Sharif is chosen, and seemingly he is a good choice. But we all know that he is not the best choice precisely because our system can not yet handle the best choice.

I wish our systems were strong enough to handle a strong general without worrying about occurrence of a coup. That is primarily the reason why Gen Tariq Khan is not chosen. That is the reason why Gen Ali Kuli Khan was superseded.

I can understand how and why Gen Raheel Sharif is chosen, and seemingly he is a good choice. But we all know that he is not the best choice precisely because our system can not yet handle the best choice.
Gen Tariq being bold doesnt necessarily means that he stage a coup if made COAS, just that he is a hardcore soldier.

Gen Tariq being bold doesnt necessarily means that he stage a coup if made COAS, just that he is a hardcore soldier.

I understand that. But it requires confidence to trust a bold officer to not be bold enough to make a bid for power. That confidence comes from precedent of civilian power calling the shots and not having to worry about Army officers staging a coup.

Nawaz Sharif is obsessed with not allowing Army to get the upper hand. That is precisely why Gen Raheel Sharif is a good choice. He does not seem the type who would disrupt the civilian set up. But then who can be sure? It is Pakistan after all.

Boldness has nothing to do with making a bid for power. At the stage when one becomes a general, boldness has nothing to do with him. Even a docile general can very well take over. The question is, if we take this boldness in account, who exactly emboldens a general to actually take over? Let's keep the rhetorics of a general having 'lust for (more) power' aside for a while.

yeah right ... and everytime we got these stupid generals on top we have lost something big ...

anywayz i dont agree with your logic but you have right to have yours as i do for mine :)

May Allah bless Pakistan....:pakistan:
well all i can say, when ever any illegal son of dadies been made as CIVILL MARSHALL LAW ADMINSTRATORS, they just come up, with thier true colours TRAITORS?
yes, we all do hve our rights , but if only this stupid system for elites & by elites called DAMOCRAZY exists in pakistan?
i mean, heck them they got so many chances but, still dam freedom of speech & dam Media was been made by a GENRL? why?

COAS's tenure is for 3 years.
it all depends on, the situations?

I penned down my view everyone has their opinion/thoughts with respect, I and others may be wrong and yes we would have to see in the next 3 years or for the fact in next 6-12 months the out come and results yet we know it that nawaz ganja has always had a biased selection and decision in any and all matters so I would not give him benefit of the doubt this time around as well.

Away from the topic Is Army supporting drone strikes, never heard from EX-COAS mushy and Kayani anything about yes or no lets see what would the new COAS brings to the table as strategies.

Bas karo parwariyon, sun bhi liya aur dekh bhi liya waheen kay waheen duffer hain.
drones , drones, drones?
the terrorists killed by drones, are 5,000 ? well done drones!
innocent pakistani civillians killed by TTp 45,000 ?
how many times, TTp political wings like PTI & JI cried for them , yet to be discover?

Last edited:
And guys, can we please hold our tongues? Words like stupid or sending lanat wont change the fact that Gen Raheel is the new COAS.

Sir General Raheel seems to be very highly qualified.

* Ravian
* PMA
* Bundeswehr University Germany
* Canadian Army Staff College
* Royal Military College UK
* National Defence University Islamabad.

Does he hold an MPhil or a PhD?

Sir General Raheel seems to be very highly qualified.

* Ravian
* PMA
* Bundeswehr University Germany
* Canadian Army Staff College
* Royal Military College UK
* National Defence University Islamabad.

Does he hold an MPhil or a PhD?
I think none but feeling sad for Haroon Aslam I think he should be made Ambassador in some important country

I dont understand...even if Nawaz Shariff didnt want to make him COAS...for whatever reason...why not give him the ceremonial post of CJCSC?this scenario would hv been least controversial It isnt much powerful role anyways to be able to make a coup..if he was afraid of this.......plus we still would have had him.an experienced general on war on terror..on the helm of affairs in some capacity..What wrong had Gen haroon done....tht led him to being superseded totally?

A question, why can't we just have new army chief based on seniority? I mean if next senior most can automatically become Chief Justis of Pakistan, then why next senior most cannot become Army Chief? After all, anyone who's senior most has made his way and earned his right through his dedicated hard work over the years, he deserves the spot.

I think new PA chief will be obedient to NS. this will be good for india.

Back
Top Bottom