What's new

Lt. Gen. Haroon Aslam Resigns.

Tariq Khan had more experience on the battlefield than most of them and the main argument for him to take command from within and without the army was that he's the experience to lead the army as soldier (battlehardened commander).

When people here wanted Tariq Khan for COAS, seniority didn't matter. But when Raheel Sharif gets promoted, seniority gets questioned. wasay asee ghatiya kom kahi nahi dekhee.

@Topic. it was a choice between Haroon Aslam and Rashid Mehmood in the seniors for JCS. So stop wyning. Someone had to go home. N's Government, their rules

Oh bhai reiiin deiii Khan is like the Altaf Bhai 2.0 for them - Jaisee Bhai keiii khilaaaf baaat karnaaa gunnaah haiii uss tarhaan Khan peiii tankeeed karnaa bhiii gunnnah haiii ! :D

Now that was completely unfair, call us whatever you want, but please don't compare with Altaf lolz.

And yes, PTI is most criticized political party in this country in recent months at all platforms. If we were like Altaf's followers, you would have been hearing news of buses being burnt in Peshawar, Lahore and in other cities. Total unfair allegation to be frank.

You proved you are same duffer shair's follower.

Unfortunately pml-n government is in place true, but rules are that of Pakistan, constitution and everything under is comes from and for Pakistan not from patwari's bookkeeping records.

The job of the government is to just promote. One senior got post of JCS. The vacuum that was created from it got to the 3rd senior most for the post of COAS. I see no problem in that. I don't know whats your problem but just don't expect others to be like you.

Last edited:
Not about Shaheed, its about picking up hero's bro and the family that have links with-in political circle, the imperial way of selection. For ages we have yet to see some senior according to the merit whom should be selected and as well as someone from Balochistan or KPK or is it all about Sindh and Punjab everytime.

You proved you are same duffer shair's follower.

Unfortunately pml-n government is in place true, but rules are that of Pakistan, constitution and everything under is comes from and for Pakistan not from patwari's bookkeeping records.
Dont overload your common sense. How can you say that he was made the COAS because he had links with political circles? Do you have any proof? And please dont bring in this stupid linkage of he being a bro of a hero, it's below the belt.

Just so that you know, if political links would have mattered then Gen Rashad Mehmood would have made COAS as by virtue of he being Corps Commander Lahore while Shahbaz Sharif was CM and the fact that he was the Military Secretary to Nawaz Sharif-era president, Rafiq Tarar, he has more links with both the ganjas.

As for the American influence, well i dont deny the fact, as nothing happens in this world without Uncle Sam's input, but then if that had been the case in its entirety then Gen Tariq would have been the COAS.

i personally think that Gen Raheel is the new COAS because he has none of the above 'advantages'. But irony may struck again, as Gen Musharraf was also chosen by Nawaz only because he had no political affiliations and we all know how that ended!

Sir, from what I've heard, Gen. Sharif was the most 'moderate' of the choices and hence his selection would perhaps entail the continual phase of the civil-military relationship.

Dont overload your common sense. How can you say that he was made teh COAS because he had links with political circles? Do you have any proof? And please dont bring in this stupid linkage of he being a bro of a hero, it's below the belt.

Just so that you know, if political links would have mattered then Gen Rashad Mehmood would have made COAS as he being Corps Commander Lahore while Shahbaz Sharif was CM and also being the Military Secretary to Nawaz Sharif-era president, Rafiq Tarar, he had more links with both the ganjas.

As for the American influence, well i dont deny the fact, as nothing happens in this world without Uncle Sam's input, but the if that had been the case in its entirety than Gen Tariq would have been the COAS.

i personally think that Gen Raheel is the new COAS because he has none of the above 'advantages'. But irony may struck again as Gen Musharraf was also chosen by Nawaz only because he had no political affiliations and we all know how that ended!

Who is he to decide whats better for Pakistan alone ? We public had gave him this position to defend us , not create problems for us...
you public, never elected any good, right politician to select a COAS, in case of both ZIA UL HAQ & MUSHARAF both been selected by the chor politicians, who never think about awam? thats why in militry,s rule dollar allways stick against pak ruppee?
but when the same politicans came in power, the allways looted the national wealth?

Dont overload your common sense. How can you say that he was made the COAS because he had links with political circles? Do you have any proof? And please dont bring in this stupid linkage of he being a bro of a hero, it's below the belt.

Just so that you know, if political links would have mattered then Gen Rashad Mehmood would have made COAS as by virtue of he being Corps Commander Lahore while Shahbaz Sharif was CM and the fact that he was the Military Secretary to Nawaz Sharif-era president, Rafiq Tarar, he has more links with both the ganjas.

As for the American influence, well i dont deny the fact, as nothing happens in this world without Uncle Sam's input, but then if that had been the case in its entirety then Gen Tariq would have been the COAS.

i personally think that Gen Raheel is the new COAS because he has none of the above 'advantages'. But irony may struck again, as Gen Musharraf was also chosen by Nawaz only because he had no political affiliations and we all know how that ended!
obssesd with gutter sunami, allways acts in that manners , since IMMY the traitor exposed in the mdedia, giving offices to the, most brutal of killers, yes talibans TTp..?

Sir, from what I've heard, Gen. Sharif was the most 'moderate' of the choices and hence his selection would perhaps entail the continual phase of the civil-military relationship.
You can say that, if you compare him with Gen Tariq, he sure is 'moderate' :D Same can also be said about his comparison with the Commando (Gen Haroon).

i wish that Gen Tariq would have been the COAS, dono side ko pora danda dytay janab. ;)

you public, never elected any good, right politician to select a COAS, in case of both ZIA UL HAQ & MUSHARAF both been selected by the chor politicians, who never think about awam? thats why in militry,s rule dollar allways stick against pak ruppee?
but when the same politicans came in power, the allways looted the national wealth?
yeah right ... and everytime we got these stupid generals on top we have lost something big ...

anywayz i dont agree with your logic but you have right to have yours as i do for mine :)

May Allah bless Pakistan....:pakistan:

I agree, sir.

From what I've talked to the serving members of the PA all have said that he is the best choice for the present circumstances that prevail in the country. One even remarked: 'he would win by a landslide if this were an election.'

He would have really given nightmares to the TTP. Politics or no.

You can say that, if you compare him with Gen Tariq, he sure is 'moderate' :D Same can also be said about his comparison with the Commando (Gen Haroon).

i wish that Gen Tariq would have been the COAS, dono side ko pora danda dytay janab. ;)

I agree.

Guys, he is not a 'bad' choice. Please, respect the person even if you don't agree with the decision.
And guys, can we please hold our tongues? Words like stupid or sending lanat wont change the fact that Gen Raheel is the new COAS.

I agree, sir.

From what I've talked to the serving members of the PA all have said that he is the best choice for the present circumstances that prevail in the country. One even remarked: 'he would win by a landslide if this were an election.'

He would have really given nightmares to the TTP. Politics or no.
Yeah..also Gen Tariq is from a different league. Aik adha politician waisy he kha jaye.. :P

As for the TTP, well we all know how FC performed under him.

Dont overload your common sense. How can you say that he was made teh COAS because he had links with political circles? Do you have any proof? And please dont bring in this stupid linkage of he being a bro of a hero, it's below the belt.

Just so that you know, if political links would have mattered then Gen Rashad Mehmood would have made COAS as he being Corps Commander Lahore while Shahbaz Sharif was CM and also being the Military Secretary to Nawaz Sharif-era president, Rafiq Tarar, he had more links with both the ganjas.

As for the American influence, well i dont deny the fact, as nothing happens in this world without Uncle Sam's input, but the if that had been the case in its entirety than Gen Tariq would have been the COAS.

i personally think that Gen Raheel is the new COAS because he has none of the above 'advantages'. But irony may struck again as Gen Musharraf was also chosen by Nawaz only because he had no political affiliations and we all know how that ended!

I penned down my view everyone has their opinion/thoughts with respect, I and others may be wrong and yes we would have to see in the next 3 years or for the fact in next 6-12 months the out come and results yet we know it that nawaz ganja has always had a biased selection and decision in any and all matters so I would not give him benefit of the doubt this time around as well.

Away from the topic Is Army supporting drone strikes, never heard from EX-COAS mushy and Kayani anything about yes or no lets see what would the new COAS brings to the table as strategies.

The job of the government

Bas karo parwariyon, sun bhi liya aur dekh bhi liya waheen kay waheen duffer hain.

Everyone says the FC was 'transformed' by him.

Whenever I face a Pakistan Army critic and I tell them to read about Lt. Gen. Tariq Khan or tell them what he did the opinions often change. No matter what happens, I'm sure, Lt. Gen. Tariq Khan would go down in history as one of the best men to stand against the insurgents and beat them successfully.

Yeah..also Gen Tariq is from a different league. Aik adha politician waisy he kha jaye.. :P

As for the TTP, well we all know how FC performed under him.

Everyone says the FC was 'transformed' by him.

Whenever I face a Pakistan Army critic and I tell them to read about Lt. Gen. Tariq Khan or tell them what he did the opinions often change. No matter what happens, I'm sure, Lt. Gen. Tariq Khan would go down in history as one of the best men to stand against the insurgents and beat them successfully.
more about the great General here
Understanding Each Other, Diversity and Dissent: LIEUTENANT GENERAL TARIQ KHAN-A GENERAL OF SUBSTANCE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom